Have Your Say: What Would You Like to See as the New ISI Racing Game IP?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ISI Logo.jpg

Image Space Incorporated (of rFactor fame) have something cooking back at base, we thought it might be fun to do some guessing as to what it might be....

With Image Space Incorporated handing over the reigns for future rFactor 2 development to Studio 397 and with work continuing on the mystery "not rF3" project, we have a ponder about what the famed American studio are working on back at base, and what it could mean for us sim racers eagerly awaiting news about the next big project from the people who brought you the legendary rFactor sim racing franchise.

Quite literally nothing is known about the new project from Image Space Incorporated, apart from the fact the studio have been working behind the scenes on development for a number of months with increasing focus, so much so that ISI released the rights to further development of their previous flagship simulation rFactor 2 in order to fully focus attention on the new racing sim.

We know the new game will not be an extension to the rFactor franchise, nor will it be "a direct competitor" to the game now under control of Marcel Offermans and Studio 397, so what could Gjon Camaj and the team over at Ann Arbor have up their sleeves for this exciting new entry into the sim racing marketplace?

So for this weekend's 'Have Your Say' feature we thought we'd ask the following question:

What sort of racing simulation would you like to see ISI produce for the next game?

Would you like to see a focussed simulation based around an official series licence? Would a move towards producing a console racing game be your preference? Maybe an American motorsports themed title would attract your attention? The possibilities are endless!

Have yourself a think about what sort of racing game you would like to see ISI produce next and pop down your thoughts in the comments section below, let the speculation begin!

rFactor 2 2.jpg
rFactor 2 3.png
rFactor 2.jpg

What sort of racing simulation would you like to see ISI produce for the next game?

Would you like to see a focussed simulation based around an official series licence? Would a move towards producing a console racing game be your preference? Maybe an American motorsports themed title would attract your attention? The possibilities are endless!

American Motorsport sucks
Deep blancpain-series, why not
F1 Series, kick Codemasters from their chair and give it a go :D

Praying for:
(V8)Supercars

Expecting:
A Space Racing Game

Whatever it is they eventually tell us about I'll be very interested, I got back into Sim racing via rFactor all those years ago and have spent more time in that and RF2 than any other Sims I own.
Whilst ISI have had their "issues" with regards to RF2 there's no doubting that they know how to get the underbelly of a great Sim working well, for that alone I have hope that whatever they release it will be worth looking at. I just hope they bought some polish for the ride though and learnt from previous mistakes, after all there's a lot more competition from other Developers now that they need to overcome.

Scrambles

Mower of Lawns
As a full time gardener, I'd love to see ISI tackle one of the most overlooked regions of gaming and produce a fully fledged lawn mower simulation series. It would give me something to do on my weekends.

On a more serious note, I'd like ISI work on a complete racing game (as oppose to a modding platform like rF). Something with a career mode and decent AI.

I agree with the idea of a 'complete' title based on a series. To not be a direct competitor to RF2 it seems like it would either have to be that approach or a type of racing not included in RF2 like rally or an arcade racer.

WEC would be my choice..... or IMSA as a backup. Both are multi class series so you still have a variety of car types and speeds available. RF2 ai is awesome so it would be a great fit. If ISI don't do this we may also get the WEC from the 'new' Simbin title that was announced but not fully revealed .

Hmm... what if they are responsible for the content part of rF2, licensing and producing the DLC cars and tracks. That does fit the "not rF3" and it's not a competition to rF2 :D

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
I would love to see a complete racing series with at least one seasons racing teams and race tracks.
The series and year could be anything we all love and which is spectacular to watch today.
It may be something as recent and big as WEC / IMSA / Blancpain or something spectacular and still goosebumps inducing as 1960's / 70's sportscar racing something like the old DRM series or the 80s Group A touring car racing or the early 1990's DTM or the late 90's BTTC.

It should be a complete racing season with all teams, drivers and tracks of that season.
It should be mod-able, it should come prepared for additional DLC in form of additional seasons, tracks, cars and most importantly it should fully integrate e-sport and online racing aspects with modern social media integration, easy streaming and sharing features embedded with a rock solid net code that allows online competitive racing of drivers from all over the world.

It should also come with a complete deep set of rules and detailed features around the race (a realistic and very deep engineering aspect, proper pitstops, damage repair, weather and lighting conditions). It should not miss a feature we have seen already in 1990's era PC sims that are astoundingly amiss in the latest generation of simulators (looking especially at you, beloved Assetto Corsa, and still you are the best there is).

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

A classic Formula 1 or classic endurance racing game (single and complete series) but finished for once, not something they'll abandon with missing content.

Last edited by a moderator:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%