PC2 Have Your Say: Project CARS 2 Three Months On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Have  Your Say.jpg

Project CARS 2 released across PC and console platforms back on the 22nd September to mixed reviews, now three months and a couple of patches we want you to 'Have Your Say'...

The latest racing title from Slightly Mad Studios continues to divide opinion throughout the sim racing community, often mixing the sublime with the ridiculous in equal measure as it constantly strives to achieve the lofty ideals set forth by an aggressive pre release marketing campaign.

Shipping in a sub optimal state and having since been in receipt of a sizable updates, the question for today is:

How do you feel Project CARS 2 has progressed since release day, and what are your impressions of the game now?

Have fun, stay respectful and enjoy the weekend!

Yes, i've seen enough muppets on track days to last a life time...
The Porsche Owners Club Australia have the worst percentage of 'entitled millennial Muppets' on their books in any car club I've been in.
Not happy when they get bundled off at turn 1 by a scruffy 40+ something 911RS.
Sad really.
:roflmao:
The other side of the coin is the Ducati Owners Club, win it or bin it.
I lost a finger at one of our 'track days', no Muppets on 2 wheels there.

The Porsche Owners Club Australia have the worst percentage of 'entitled millennial Muppets' on their books in any car club I've been in.
Not happy when they get bundled off at turn 1 by a scruffy 40+ something 911RS.
Sad really.
:roflmao:
The other side of the coin is the Ducati Owners Club, win it or bin it.
I lost a finger at one of our 'track days', no Muppets on 2 wheels there.

For sure any track days I've done the ones who think its a race are the worst. When I've been let loose to shake down some of my families race cars you always get the guys who see a race car on a track day and try to be hero's, generally the ones getting kicked off at lunch time...or crashing.
First and foremost track days are not racing.

To none in special:

Keep the thread friendly...please. :thumbsup:
Well I'm afraid they didn't hear you. Maybe you need to be more clear about it. Just an idea... :rolleyes:
I made a big mistake in 2017, I bought Project cars 2. It was on sale for 30 €, but it's still 30 € wasted. It bug with my triple screen. A tip, do not buy this horseshit.
With opinions like this, how could any thread be civilized, one may ask himself.
687474703a2f2f666f72756d2e70696d617469632e6f72672f706c7567696e732f6e6f646562622d706c7567696e2d656d6f6a692d6f6e652f7374617469632f696d616765732f31663931342e706e67

Again,
it is in opening post asked to "stay respectful" but either he doesn't know what that means or he don't respect this forum, his rules and mods in general.
Either way.... someone should steer him on the right path.

And about "horse*hit" part...
this happy fella forget one thing... this is just his opinion after all.
For instance I don't use triple screen setup, so got none of problems those kind (and almost none whatsoever) so... to me PC2 is definitely isn't a "horse*hit" as he said.
You're just one in a million mate, just one in a million.
Relax. Take a deep breath.
Have a break.
kitkat-big.jpg

Have a KitKat.
:)

Last edited:
Well I'm afraid they didn't hear you. Maybe you need to be more clear about it. Just an idea... :rolleyes:

With opinions like this, how could any thread be civilized, one may ask himself.
687474703a2f2f666f72756d2e70696d617469632e6f72672f706c7567696e732f6e6f646562622d706c7567696e2d656d6f6a692d6f6e652f7374617469632f696d616765732f31663931342e706e67

Again,
it is in opening post asked to "stay respectful" but either he doesn't know what that means or he don't respect this forum, his rules and mods in general.
Either way.... someone should steer him on the right path.

And about "horse*hit" part...
this happy fella forget one thing... this is just his opinion after all.
For instance I don't use triple screen setup, so got none of problems those kind (and almost none whatsoever) so... to me PC2 is definitely isn't a "horse*hit" as he said.
You're just one in a million mate, just one in a million.
Relax. Take a deep breath.
Have a break.
kitkat-big.jpg

Have a KitKat.
:)

This isn't the official forum, you have no powers over here fella. Unless old Bell gets his wallet out and starts paying people off as per usual.

Sad little person.....

Maybe fun as a game?
Promising but disappointing as a serious SIM.

Disappointing again! This sim is all "Hit and Miss"...
Graphics can be great or they can "flash for no reason" Flash bulbs going off in the middle of deserted tracks, lightning flashing from a clear sky.
FFB: some cars, some tracks great or ABSOLUTELY SUCK.
Unfinished or backward functions and settings abound... sloppy and rushed... not a polished product
Car Sounds (interior and exterior) Complete hit or miss
Many car's sounds and handling are obvious "cut and past" jobs and not unique to many many vehicles.
Prediction:
They will fix only a "fair amount" of these and other issues before announcing and concentrating on... drumroll please... "Project Cars 3"! :-(

i sorry to say this, but there's no option in game, outside the game, on the windows or steam, that gives you full lock. I drive exactly like you described, the option simple isn't there. at. all. plug a pad, 100º arcade from the start in every car. By god, if you find the solution, by all means tell us all :) but i did search it, came out with nothing.
ps. is not unlimited rotation, but the original full rotation of the car. a f1 have close to 360º, a ferrari more then 900º, etc.
Unfortunately I have no solution, but theoretically it would seem something not as difficult as implementing dynamic weather, for instance.
But you see, for these kind of "bugs" or missing features, whatever they are, creating a RD official thread would be important, since we are a great community and we should use this "power" to help the devs more effectively. I think it's better to create a constructive feedback, to make a good game to become a better game and more focused is the feedback, coming from an entiry community of simracers, the better.

It's still not perfect, but still leagues better than PCars 1.

My biggest issues still to date:

1) Inconsistent force feedback. Certain cars like Ginetta GT5's, Indycars, have next to no force feedback even with all settings maxed whereas others are fine. The fact that we can't get consistent FFB across all cars is a little disturbing.

2) Race starts are a total catastrophe against AI drivers. They drive into me before the green flag and I get a 5-10 second contact penalty. I start from the pole, yet 3 or 4 cars pass me when I get manual control of my car. If I try to speed up to pass them, I get a stop and go speeding penalty, yet they receive nothing for passing a car ahead of them before the start.

worst thing about PCars 2? the incessant whining from entitled tw@s?? worse than remoaners!! I understand you don't like it but here's a thing DON'T buy it or play it. No-one put a gun to your head and MADE you buy it. Not sure about something then buty it in a fricken sale dirt cheap (I picked up V Rossi the game last month for a fiver, it's ok, nothing special but I'm a big Rossi fan so it's good enough for that).....use your noggins for gawds sakes!

I'm a metal head and guess what....I don't buy rap as I think it's the worst form of music going, do I bitch about it on forums (until just now here that is LOL) no. End of story.

Unfortunately I have no solution, but theoretically it would seem something not as difficult as implementing dynamic weather, for instance.
But you see, for these kind of "bugs" or missing features, whatever they are, creating a RD official thread would be important, since we are a great community and we should use this "power" to help the devs more effectively. I think it's better to create a constructive feedback, to make a good game to become a better game and more focused is the feedback, coming from an entiry community of simracers, the better.
The SMS know perfectly what are the problems of the game, since the testers pointed each one of them inside the wmd forum, for both the pCars games.
During the development of the first title we had a gamepad thread inside the forum with hundreds of pages, 2/3 of which describing the problem that lately the game showed at the release. They didn't do anything, despite the fact that a solution was possible and very simple. With the second game happened pretty much the same thing: some of the testers pointed a problem, suggested a solution, asked for an option in the options menu, but never happened. Both the times in my opinion the devs underestimated the fact that the few persons that inside the wmd can complain about something are still representative of a bigger percentage when one thinks at the overall players that later will play the game. The current system isn't so bad, but could be definitely better in my opinion, giving to the guys that ask a certain option that feature.
By the way, back when pCars 1 started there was a GTR2 like control system and also the ability to configure the pad like a custom wheel, calibrating the steering angle. And the devs decided to get rid of this. After all these years I don't have more hopes, I give up. I have better games.

For me RF2 always,it the only i can mod tough,and i earn money in part time whit it,for physics developers is the best.
AMS comes in second than AC,Pbugs is not for moders,is for the casual simracer,thats why i dont have it.
GRAB_156.JPG
GRAB_138.JPG
GRAB_151.JPG
GRAB_121.JPG

worst thing about PCars 2? the incessant whining from entitled tw@s?? worse than remoaners!! I understand you don't like it but here's a thing DON'T buy it or play it. No-one put a gun to your head and MADE you buy it. Not sure about something then buty it in a fricken sale dirt cheap (I picked up V Rossi the game last month for a fiver, it's ok, nothing special but I'm a big Rossi fan so it's good enough for that).....use your noggins for gawds sakes!

I'm a metal head and guess what....I don't buy rap as I think it's the worst form of music going, do I bitch about it on forums (until just now here that is LOL) no. End of story.

pffff....... i bought under false Advertisement. SMS didn't inform the buyers that certain simulation features would be turned off under use of a pad. BUT it says clearly on steam page that it works under simulation, arcade, and everything in between with every approved device you might be using.

"i'm a metal head so guess what, anything not metal is the worst"

Last edited:

i agree with you, but is pointless because i don't own the game anymore. and the sms forum moderators are toxic as hell with people pointing mistakes at their creations. got bitten enough out there, want nothing more with this team after shift 1 and 2, and PC 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 6 23.1%