PC2 Have Your Say: Project CARS 2 Three Months On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Have  Your Say.jpg

Project CARS 2 released across PC and console platforms back on the 22nd September to mixed reviews, now three months and a couple of patches we want you to 'Have Your Say'...

The latest racing title from Slightly Mad Studios continues to divide opinion throughout the sim racing community, often mixing the sublime with the ridiculous in equal measure as it constantly strives to achieve the lofty ideals set forth by an aggressive pre release marketing campaign.

Shipping in a sub optimal state and having since been in receipt of a sizable updates, the question for today is:

How do you feel Project CARS 2 has progressed since release day, and what are your impressions of the game now?

Have fun, stay respectful and enjoy the weekend!

well, how i put this:
1- if you want to play for real, with a rig, you'll still need the Spade files. = that's pretty embarassing, but hey...
2- if you play on a pad (any pad) all cars are locked in the Thumbstick rotation limit of 180º, not the car's original one. there is no option to solve this in or out of the game. So..... go drive a ferrari with only 180º full lock = thats PRETTY BAD (and all other titles knows how to solve this)

my 2 cents?
1 cent - dont even think you can have FUN (i don't mean being fast, consistent, etc. etc. just fun) with any pad.
2 cents - SMS is a weird developer with a hot temper, with weird felling games fill with weird car handling, and a weird fanbase who can't get along...

I bough both. refunded PC2 after a frustrating hour (half wheel, half pad) and hide PC1 from my library. literally, those titles only got me frustration. and their not on the cheap side of things, games and developer, really. so there's no excuse.

Last edited:
If you want to loose your hairs, it's for you.
One month ago the game was completly broken, just unplayable, perhaps due to too many windows update (fall creator) i have no idea.
Now it works almost fine, the physic is still questionable.

The game is still pretty shambolic. The weather system doesn't work (snows far too much, inconsistent conditions across clients, AI can't handle it). The AI is still hopeless. The performance in vr is poor. The cars handling is very inconsistent - some are good, some not. It crashes *a lot*.

Also, one of the crew chief team is now banned from their forum for asking a question about directx 12. I've been threatened with a forum ban for agreeing with someone who expressed annoyance at the broken state of their APIs and complete lack of communication to third party developers.

Overall the game still has potential but SMS's hostile attitude to users and developers makes for a pretty toxic environment. Maybe they'll fix it but I've given up on it - both as a player and as a developer

Sun Levi

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Disappointing. I actually thought PCARS 1 was decent as a simcade, clocked in 171 hours on Steam. Currently only have 27 hours on PCARS 2 with no incentive to play it any longer...

While overall it's an improvement to PCARS 1, it still carries over some of the same problems. Which just makes it feel like more of the same. (even though the FFB & Physics are significantly improved).

There's still fun to be had though, with the right car & track combo the game can be awesome. But some combo can make the game feel like crap. The inconsistency is just annoying.

A shame because I think it has so much potential.

Last edited:
initially i thought it wasn't quite as bad as pc1. as time goes on i'm thinking its actually worse.

the only good thing to come out of it was handcuffing oggy so he couldn't talk **** about all the other sims that weren't paying him.

Completely frustrating. No advancements on putting sense to the license system they created for MP racing with the addition of SMS-hosted, fixed schedule races. AI doesn't seem to ever go past its current status, and bugs are still all around the game. The developing team's public attitude towards users makes things even worse. I'm disappointed I fell again on their trap. Switched to RaceRoom and iR as of now - doesn't look like I'll come back.

Will keep an eye on this one as I haven't bought it yet following the disappointment of PC1. From the few comments so far looks like I made the right call!

If you go on pc2 store page somewhere on it there is demo button...download the demo and see it for yourself.

My comment about it. I gave a chance to pc1 refounded because physics just felt weird... year after they released demo...i was like amazing but still **** never driven a racing car...but my mind is telling me this is wrong this should not hapen ffb was mess....now pc2 i was holding off untill they released demo whitch i again tried out... ffb was still weird could not feel stuff sometimes...they say on direct drive wheel it feels amazing...well it better does since you pay over 1000$ for it hahah...and not to mention that you have to try Jackspade files...they even mention it on their website insted of takeing files and implement them in the game :O_o:

But common if they are making a game they should spend more money in testing ffb with different wheels etc. and not give money to hamilton brothers or any other racing driver to sponsor the **** out of the game...one company did similar and it was ubishit. Not to mention all the stuff that i read that happened on forums .

But no worries i think they are already making PC3:D

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And many will still buy Pcars 3 thinking it will be the best yet.:rolleyes:

The game is good for what it is. I enjoy it for a half hour bit of fun and eye candy. I really like their implementation of the visor view. The replays are pretty good and the atmosphere in the pits is excellent. The lighting is great and the tracks are nice but it just doesn't feel right.

But the game is still basically Shift 2 updated. And the devs and their fanatical supporters don't help matters with the way they attack anyone expressing a negative opinion. I am glad I only purchased it for about £25.

puh, only profi-racecar-drivers here in this thread. When it comes to have fun in driving GT3's at night or on superb and famous tracks, pc2 (after the 2,7 GB patch) is OK!!! It looks nice and car-handling is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000