Have you ever raced with RD?

Hi all,

I am looking at what we can do to get the Club events back on track so to speak and one thing is clear there is still plenty of interest in Race Series. What we do see however is smaller numbers in the Club events than in the past. A few people move on and new ones come so in order to see why numbers have decreased a little i have produced this poll to see whats happening.

please take time to post in it.

Nick

Yep, i remember you came here about the same time i started. Have had great battle, mainly being overtaken but still...

Not really on-topic but this video got me thinking, maybe we should abolish the blue flag too..
It would completely change the dynamics of the race.. Usually it's high packed action from the start fading to "let-this-be-finished-allready" feeling, it's a downward slope. If you take blue flags out the "dramatic arch" of the race would be action, plateau, action, which is much more pleasing to human interest as we like to end things with a bang. And usually the first thing you remember right after the race is over is the ending. That gives the player the necessary release of dopamine, feeling good about the completed work. If you start to yawn about 5 minutes until finish, the overall race feels less exciting and the need to repeat that diminshes.

I've been thinking this a lot as i have raced with some of the best in my country and yet i felt usually bored after the race.. First two laps there's something and then they drive in to the distance and the fight is over.. You can't ragequit in a league with wide field of points. For the top runners this is double edged sword. On one side there's the possibility of being held back and passed (or worse, an accident...) on the other side is the possibility of opportunism..

I really would like to test this someday.. Meaning, lapped drivers don't have to yield at all, they can race on the racingline with full speed. There can't be any blocking involved as there is no fight over positions. Only thing that changes is the behaviour before you are passed, no need to yield and when passed you could unlap yourself. In any case, the blue flag rule at the moment is way too stiff, i've seen people raging over if they aren't let thru in a streetcourse at the first wave of blue.. Some gets offended if you draft aftrwards etc. ...

EDIT: Could work if the lapped player is heavily punished for errors like causing avoidable accidents would automatically DQ you.

You have all convinced me, I just applied for a license and I look forward to doing some fun online races! I hope to see you all on the track soon, and thanks to everyone who has been so helpful with tips and set-ups, as well as all the great mods!

I'm here about three months and i'm very happy that i joined to this community :)
one think that i'm missing - is full grids, but in other hand there is more clean racers and nice bumper to bumper racing.
i'm not the best driver, i'm still making mistakes, but im learning and happy to finish every race ;)
See you on the track ;)
Join us NOW! :)

Hello guys, I'm new to the game but have tons of experience with rFactor.
I raced at Virtualmotorsport.net many years but now decided to try this Race - Injection which is quite fun.
Can you please help me to get started. How do I join the European Retro Cool Series, I can't post in the thread of the event...
I'm new to the forum here.
I have a G25 and I consider myself as a good sim racer.
Please help me get started...:)

Hello guys, I'm new to the game but have tons of experience with rFactor.
I raced at Virtualmotorsport.net many years but now decided to try this Race - Injection which is quite fun.
Can you please help me to get started. How do I join the European Retro Cool Series, I can't post in the thread of the event...
I'm new to the forum here.
I have a G25 and I consider myself as a good sim racer.
Please help me get started...:)
Start here. Apply for a free license after closely reading the rules. Then, when you get one in a day or 2, signup for the club race events, and watch the league threads. Before each league starts, there is a signup period in which you can enter.

Have some fun racing here!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back