Have you ever raced with RD?

Hi all,

I am looking at what we can do to get the Club events back on track so to speak and one thing is clear there is still plenty of interest in Race Series. What we do see however is smaller numbers in the Club events than in the past. A few people move on and new ones come so in order to see why numbers have decreased a little i have produced this poll to see whats happening.

please take time to post in it.

Nick

The old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" seems to describe my reasons for seldom even looking to see what events are being held at rd.

My two main reasons are:

a) race07 pissed me off with the numerous addon packs, every time a new pack comes out rd somehow feels the need to hold numerous events that require the latest pack so you either have to go and buy the pack (which i did for a couple of packs), sit some races out or go elsewhere and look for different events using more reliable sims like GTL, GTR2 or rfactor where you know you have all you need to compete.

b) just too many staff putting together too many races competing all at the same time for the same pool of drivers saw numbers drop off for various events.

The old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" seems to describe my reasons for seldom even looking to see what events are being held at rd.

My two main reasons are:

a) race07 pissed me off with the numerous addon packs, every time a new pack comes out rd somehow feels the need to hold numerous events that require the latest pack so you either have to go and buy the pack (which i did for a couple of packs), sit some races out or go elsewhere and look for different events using more reliable sims like GTL, GTR2 or rfactor where you know you have all you need to compete.

b) just too many staff putting together too many races competing all at the same time for the same pool of drivers saw numbers drop off for various events.

a, Of course they will do new content because alot of people want it. However if you look every week i host a base club event which means all you need is race 07

b, Its called choice, if we do not give people the choice they will go elsewhere its that simple

I already raced with you guys. I loved the race, everyone was fair and it's was some clean close racing.

I'm thinking about coming to Racedepartment to race on full time. Never entered a championship, but i'm really thinking about it.

So far I took part in official practise and qualification sessions but had to give up. At the moment I a forced to use a wheel with no FFB so I can't really compete. And I am kind of danger to others as with no FFB I don't know when the car loses grip. But I really enjoyed the atmsphere on the server and within a month I should have a new wheel.;)

I have no FFB, and it's no problem to race :)
I'm interested how would inprove my lap times with FFB :rolleyes:
First races in RD was very interesting so far, even i wasn't very competitive..

Arunas, ffb gives you a first hand feel for the grip available. There is a feel for steering effort for sure but getting information aout how the tires are working on the track surface helps determine how much steering effort to put into the turn and/or how much throttle/brake to apply. Without ffb you have to rely on the sound from the tires and with more difficulty, the action of the car on the screen as it slides or rotates in a turn.

I hope you get a ffb wheel, your appreciation of the game will shoot up and so will your placings.

ye, the main reason for getting ffb wheel is that I need to get more infomation about what the wheels are doing. I have a good audio system but to be honest I feel there is some kind of 'lag' between the time your tire loses grip and the time you can actually hear it. I find it hard to do consistent lap times without this information. You just never know when you are on the limit of traction or when you should slow down. So I have to drive slower to make sure I don't lose grip and waste even more time. It is especially problematic with BMWs. To be honest I feel more confident about driving BMW with my xbox360 pad rather than with wheel that has no ffb. Hard to find any rational reason for it but I just can't control BMW with no ffb. Too much oversteer.

Another reason is that immersion you can achieve when driving with ffb. Without ffb even sims are just 'games' that have not much to do with experience other than gaming. You can't feel the game you only watch what your car does.

WOW! I've just driven FBMW. Responsive, not too fast, very easy to drive, forgives many mistakes and an open wheeler! It's also available without any expansions so every other noob like me will have it installed and ready to join the race. When we will be deciding which car to use in the league my vote will probably go for this one. Unless I discover other fun car, lol.

Yea, I just discovered a new machine.:D Radical RSR 252 at Valencia was simply amazing. I started race at 19th position and made it to 10th although it was my first time with this beast. Though it was much faster and less forgiving than FBMW when I was not smooth enough. Not really a car for a beginners league I suppose. Damn, I wish RD would organise a league for those cars that are more rare. You can only see leagues for TCC, GT and Camaro. Hopefully in the future there will be more leagues cause FBMW and Radicals are just awesome.

As it seems now, tonight will be my first online RD evening. Looking forward to it, and am really hoping work is not going to mess up my schedule for the night.

Heard a lot of good words about the mini races, so lets see if the Portimao delivers what I hope it will do. Don't care about positions, but am hoping to finish the race... 80 minutes is a long time for me :)

Sow, the weekend has passed, and I have some 200 minutes more of online experiance :) Damn, I enjoyed myself. Both with serious mini, as with fun event.

I do have 1 remark to make. I know others have said it in this very threat already, but I am going to do so once more...

Until you have raced online with RD, DON'T judge yourself on speed level! Try to look at your ability to drive clean and nice (without hitting others that is :)), and surprise yourself online! There are so many people who do NOT care about winning, they just care about the fun! Speed is nice, but not a mandatory item!

I am NOT quick at all, but still I was not the slowest on the grid. With the mini race, the leader of the pack was about 4 seconds a lap quicker then I was. However, since I met someone on track with about the same speed I had, the fight we had together made me forget the speed difference with nr1 very quick! I had so much fun battling for position, that I totally did NOT care about the fact that it was way off podium. I have won my fare share of (offline and random online) races. However, in all those wins, I did NOT have the fun I had battling for later positions. It's such a thrill to pass start/finish lap after lap, with the same person right next to you every time! Swithing positions during track all the time. Then he passed me, then I passed him. I learned more about clean racing in those 10 to 15 laps, then i did in most of my other races together.

So, in short. Everybody who reads this threat all the way to this post, and still is not convinced, just pick yourself together, and register for a event. JUST DO SO! It will be worth every minute!

A few days more and my first RD race will be 3 years ago:) Man how much fun I had here!

And I agree it's not about winning! Fighting side by side, pushing hard and getting the maximum out of yourself can be extremely fun and rewarding, even if you fight for being in top 10 or something:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back