1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Has anyone managed to log in today?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Steve Bird, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

I'm still unable to log in. Is it me or are the rest of you having the same issue?

2. Had no problems, but I never log out.

3. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

4. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

I'm in now and pretty pissed that they are charging for both Nurburgring and the Nords.....miffed.

I'm shaking my head thinking that they take the piss, especially when we pay a subscription on top. Come on Sector 3, lets give these guys a run for their money.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Was able to finally log in and purchase the ring but it's not letting me download anything yet , just white screen. Must be a big day for them.

6. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

Same here mate. Are you in the UK? It seems that everyone State side is fine. Took a nightshift off for this and feeling pretty much let down.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. JeffL

JeffL

No, I'm in the states, it's global nottleneck:cool:

8. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

Bugger! Thanks for letting me know Jeff.

9. They replace the whole backend...chezzzz power to them. I mean try to do it live. I would never do it. There is no way around it when you update live, to me it's better to have 2 farm, the old one and new one with database sync; and just do a switch over than to do the roll out on the same farm. That how I design my infrastructure I have a test / development / production & production 2. If it does not work, just flip back to the old one.

iRacing staff like to be under pressure, now it's a pressure cooker with that many people waiting for them. I see from Steve Myers twitter account they try to solve it live, rollback is not an option anymore. (at least to me, they tried new fix) I do appreciate their hard work, but there in a long night or day depend on your time zone.

It sucks but it's a pretty big update.

10. Decenten

Decenten
    Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC Premium Member

Iracing technicians at work

• Haha Haha x 3
  11. Yannick Van Broeck

Yannick Van Broeck
    Premium Member

Still not able to log in, at some point these guys need to get some sleep :)

No matter, I still have some work to do but boy, am I eager to test that McLaren MP4-30 and the Ring

• Like Like x 1
  12. To back that up, here is their quote from Facebook:

I don't have iRacing, but I just thought I would add that here since I saw one of my FB friends like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JeffL

JeffL

• Like Like x 1
  14. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium Member

Ahh! This is not unexpected. I always hope for a clean release of whatever I'm playing at the time and it hardly ever goes smoothly.

I hope they get it fixed soon, good luck to them.

15. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

I'm always astonished over how game companies run their business.
    QA seems to be quite loose, development plans seem to not be written out beforehand, backends running on machines not able to hold all players at once...

But guess there are just parts in the game development IT that don't get lots of love and budget.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The good things here is a mega update with a lot of new features and I really excited about those feature, but they do not have a plan before hand. I design network/infrastructure like the cellular company does (both A and B infrastructure), I refuse to do it otherwise. When I update there is always checkmark, at what time I suppose to be where at what point, if not I'm rolling back.

I think they do consider reverting at this point, but it's still live. there is no excuse not having A and B infra those days. Just flip members to the B infra, update the A infra, if it fail revert A infra back (rollback), if it work move members from B infra back to the A, and up date B infra. I have done a double infra for a company that cost under $400,000 CDN (should be under $300,000 US) that has the F5 GTM (to control external path to which infra is active or load balance the charge), but I don't know iRacing budget for the infra.

Non-Operational is bad for the image and in itself will cost more in corporate image than the cost of double infra, maybe iRacing do not care.

To add to this, it's fascinating to read Steve Myers twitter how they decide to run this, classic textbook that used to be before the dual path explosion in the last few years. They been there for 16 hours or so before calling they day

https://twitter.com/iRacingMyers?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  17. Dave R

Dave R
    Premium Member

I signed up specifically to run the Nords. This does not inspire confidence honestly.

18. Yannick Van Broeck

Yannick Van Broeck
    Premium Member

It rarely takes so long.. I'm getting a little bit impatient but I understand stuff can go wrong with big updates

19. @itsmedavetn most of the time (not everytime) when big update roll out there is issue on the 13th week and the 1st week or so, but this is the first time that take so long

• Like Like x 1