Has anyone managed to log in today?

I understand they can have issues, however for over 24hrs in not acceptable in this day and age.
As others have stated they should of had 2 farms, one for the old and one the new.

I also think that it was a huge error to change the back end at the same time as releasing Nords and the Mc Honda. They should have released that, so at least people who wanted it could have had their fix (I have no plans to buy either). And a week or so later released the new build.

Just pure bad strategy and planning imo. Anyway we wait :whistling:

I'm in now and pretty pissed that they are charging for both Nurburgring and the Nords.....miffed.

Not sure why you are suprised - this N-ring payment structure has been known for months...see the thread right below this one for instance! ;) The Nords alone is ~5 times larger than the majority of other track project...a massive undertaking and alot of development has gone into it. Having both tracks (and a myriad of layouts between the two) for $30 is not at all unreasonable...a bargain really.

Don't get me onto reasonable when I pay for cars, tracks, and subscription :) I take your point about it being a large track but they aren't the first to offer a laser scanned Nords and the other title that did do it first gave it away as part of a pack of cars:

Welcome to DREAM PACK 1, the first add-on content pack ASSETTO CORSA.
This package adds to Assetto Corsa the legendary circuit of Nürburgring-Nordschleife and ten new awesome cars. The circuit has been reproduced for the first time in a PC racing simulation using the Laserscan Technology, that guarantees the maximum level of precision in reproducing each detail of the track. The selection of cars has been choosen by the gamers who voted their favourite models, and it consists in a perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, type and ages, ready to satisfy any taste of Assetto Corsa users!

- Features the legendary Nurburgring-Nordschleife circuit in three all-new layouts: Nurburgring-Nordschleife, Tourist, Endurance.
- Features the Bridge To Gantry mode, that allows to simulate the real track day rules of Nurburgring.
- Features Alfa Romeo 4C, GTA and 155 Ti V6 ‘93
- Features BMW M235i Race car
- Features GM Corvette C7r GTE
- Features McLaren P1 and F1 GTR
- Features Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and C9
- Features Nissan GT-R NISMO 2014 GTR

All for £10.99 ($16.56). Now that's what I call value for money......and I don't have a subscription either. I can access my content at anytime both online or offline.

I know it's unfair to comparison like this but it does rattle me somewhat that we pay for all the content, subscribe and the moment you stop your subscription you lose everything you've already paid for. [/moan] Feeling all emotional because I can't access my damn McLaren & Nords :)

Don't get me onto reasonable when I pay for cars, tracks, and subscription :) I take your point about it being a large track but they aren't the first to offer a laser scanned Nords and the other title that did do it first gave it away as part of a pack of cars:

This package adds to Assetto Corsa the legendary circuit of Nürburgring-Nordschleife and ten new awesome cars. The circuit has been reproduced for the first time in a PC racing simulation using the Laserscan Technology, that guarantees the maximum level of precision in reproducing each detail of the track. The selection of cars has been choosen by the gamers who voted their favourite models, and it consists in a perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, type and ages, ready to satisfy any taste of Assetto Corsa users!

- Features the legendary Nurburgring-Nordschleife circuit in three all-new layouts: Nurburgring-Nordschleife, Tourist, Endurance.
- Features the Bridge To Gantry mode, that allows to simulate the real track day rules of Nurburgring.

All for £10.99 ($16.56). Now that's what I call value for money......and I don't have a subscription either. I can access my content at anytime both online or offline.

I know it's unfair to comparison like this but it does rattle me somewhat that we pay for all the content, subscribe and the moment you stop your subscription you lose everything you've already paid for. [/moan] Feeling all emotional because I can't access my damn McLaren & Nords :)

I know how you feel, but if you get the black Friday bargain and the race discount each season it only costs like 8dollars a year. Admittedly not being able to access stuff offline is an issue but the online racing for me makes up for that.

I'm also curious as to what happens to the old f1 car now there is a new f1 car, is it just going to be deleted or will you still be able to race it?

I'm also curious as to what happens to the old f1 car now there is a new f1 car, is it just going to be deleted or will you still be able to race it?

You'll still be able to use the old Williams F1 car. I don't believe I've ever seen iRacing delete older content, usually they upgrade it to newer spec before they would do that.

Controlling content this way effectively eliminates piracy.

It does but also robs you of what you have already paid for when you decide to remove your subscription. So in reality the content you pay for isn't yours, it's on hire until you stop your subscription. This is what I've never understood about iracing....you pay a subscription AND pay for the content. In my personal opinion (And it is just that, my opinion) It should be one or the other, not both.

Anyway, lets get the thread back on subject...Has anyone managed to get in yet as I saw on twitter that 'the site is going live, thank you for your patience"?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 415 16.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 322 12.8%