Has anyone managed to log in today?

I managed to play a bit yesterday with the new McLaren-Honda, and I got to say its outstanding. They really nailed the audio of the car. Having heard the McLaren-Honda live, the exhaust note is VERY different than any other F1 car currently, its a deep throaty sound. You don't hear it as much in iRacing when you're actually driving but as soon as you watch the replays, you can hear it perfectly as the car slows down for the turns. It just has a menacing growl that no other F1 car has. For that alone, this car was worth the purchase price. That being said, its a blast to drive as well. I think the physics are outstanding for this car.

I don't know if the network issues are part of this problem or the new graphical upgrades but a lot of tracks have choppy/stuttering framerates that I didn't have before, even when my framerate is well above 60fps.

I managed to play a bit yesterday with the new McLaren-Honda, and I got to say its outstanding. They really nailed the audio of the car. Having heard the McLaren-Honda live, the exhaust note is VERY different than any other F1 car currently, its a deep throaty sound. You don't hear it as much in iRacing when you're actually driving but as soon as you watch the replays, you can hear it perfectly as the car slows down for the turns. It just has a menacing growl that no other F1 car has. For that alone, this car was worth the purchase price. That being said, its a blast to drive as well. I think the physics are outstanding for this car.

I don't know if the network issues are part of this problem or the new graphical upgrades but a lot of tracks have choppy/stuttering framerates that I didn't have before, even when my framerate is well above 60fps.

I agree completely! That McLaren-Honda is absolutely amazing. Great fun, sounds great, and so many new things to tinker with. I have yet to get it successfully around the Ring but it is so much fun trying.

I also have the stuttering issues as well. I did add two-pass filtering on the trees and shadows so I may revert back to single pass to see if it helps. Loading for the Ring is also pretty painfully slow but in the end very VERY worth it. It's incredible.

FYI, don't forget to change the Render Car First setting (should be off) as per the build notes until they fix it.

I agree completely! That McLaren-Honda is absolutely amazing. Great fun, sounds great, and so many new things to tinker with. I have yet to get it successfully around the Ring but it is so much fun trying.

I also have the stuttering issues as well. I did add two-pass filtering on the trees and shadows so I may revert back to single pass to see if it helps. Loading for the Ring is also pretty painfully slow but in the end very VERY worth it. It's incredible.

FYI, don't forget to change the Render Car First setting (should be off) as per the build notes until they fix it.

Thank you. I missed the part about render car first. Mine is still enabled. I have tried disabling the two pass on trees and shadows, didn't seem to make much difference on mine. Framerates are good, just stuttering.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%