Hamilton: Pirelli makes F1 not "pure speed racing"

It's only RB and Mercedes afaik, where the moaning coming from Mercedes is from one of their drivers. With RB yes, Newey is comlaining because good aero can't seem to make the difference anymore,which is another reason why FIA wanted an even softer compound for this year
lol no it´s not just Hamilton.....do you ever stop trolling?
Apparently not.

You also miss-understood what Newey has said as well.

Edit: and obviously ignored the fact that Vettel also has complained.

Edit2: "which is another reason why FIA wanted an even softer compound for this year"

Bull.....t

lol no it´s not just Hamilton.....do you ever stop trolling?

So Hamilton isn't complining about the tires? And if it isn't just him ,plz have a link to show me otherwise

You also miss-understood what Newey has said as well.

again ,you state i missunderstood,but you fail to provide any explanation or link

Edit: and obviously ignored the fact that Vettel also has complained.

he didnt complain,he simply stated the tires degrade alot more this year...which isnt the same as going on a fully blown Pirreli attack ,like LH is

Bull.....t

prove it

So Hamilton isn't complining about the tires? And if it isn't just him ,plz have a link to show me otherwise
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-mercedes-want-2012-pirelli-tyres-return/

Red Bull, Mercedes, want 2012 Pirelli tyres return

Notice it doesn´t say Hamilton wants 2012 Pirelli tires return.

again ,you state i missunderstood,but you fail to provide any explanation or link
well i´ve come to the conclusion that it´s more or less pointless to explain things to you since you are obviously trolling.

"Adrian Newey has made the direct link between downforce and wear."
So it´s not that the downforce is not a factor, it´s that it actually works against the cars with more downforce. It has swung the other way rather then being neutral as you would have suggested.

he didnt complain,he simply stated the tires degrade alot more this year...which isnt the same as going on a fully blown Pirreli attack ,like LH is
It´s the same. What you seem to not comprehend is everything about the tires.
All you do is sitting in your couch saying "get on with it" as if that´s what they are not doing already.
Stating the bloody obvious is a key trait of yours.

No that´s not how it works. You prove FIA wanted softer compounds.

It´s like you telling me to prove that Santa Claus doesn´t exist.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-mercedes-want-2012-pirelli-tyres-return/

Red Bull, Mercedes, want 2012 Pirelli tyres return

Notice it doesn´t say Hamilton wants 2012 Pirelli tires return.

this is your proof? pffff...nothing to argue here,..go post this in your conspiracy tread

well i´ve come to the conclusion that it´s more or less pointless to explain things to you since you are obviously trolling.

pointless to expalin,cuz im obviously trolling?.....that is very weak

So it´s not that the downforce is not a factor, it´s that it actually works against the cars with more downforce. It has swung the other way rather then being neutral as you would have suggested.

i never said anywhere in my comment ,that it was neutral...another very weak attempt.

I simply stated that good aero as in Newey's case doesnt get the same benefit with this year's tires as it did before

It´s the same. What you seem to not comprehend is everything about the tires.
All you do is sitting in your couch saying "get on with it" as if that´s what they are not doing already.
Stating the bloody obvious is a key trait of yours.

It is absolutely not the same....that statement came after testing in Jerez if i recall and it was just a question he was asked on how the new tyres behave and he said ..that they degrade more then last years,but also that the track was very cold and lacked grip,so that was to be expected

No that´s not how it works. You prove FIA wanted softer compounds.

It´s like you telling me to prove that Santa Claus doesn´t exist.

prove the FIA wanted softer compunds?!!!
...DAFUG did I just read!!!!

...here
http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f1-pirelli-reveals-2013-formula-1-tires?artid=151970

Wait a minute, you think this quote means that FIA asked Pirelli to make softer compounds?

The company says these new tires have been developed according to the wishes of the teams and the latest rules from world motorsport’s governing body, the FIA.
You do realize that when it says "the latest rules from FIA" it´s not rules towards Pirelli, it´s the new regulations for 2013 which Pirelli has adapted itself to together with the wishes from the teams as stated in the quote.

which is another reason why FIA wanted an even softer compound for this year
This is what i mean by you miss-understanding pretty much everything you get your hands on.

Stay trolling. Keep selling those wolf-tickets mate.

Edit: 2nd time in 5 years i´ve used the ignore button. Handy little thing that.

To Ivan:

keep_trolling.jpg

Wait a minute, you think this quote means that FIA asked Pirelli to make softer compounds?

You do realize that when it says "the latest rules from FIA" it´s not rules towards Pirelli, it´s the new regulations for 2013 which Pirelli has adapted itself to together with the wishes from the teams as stated in the quote.

This is what i mean by you miss-understanding pretty much everything you get your hands on.

Stay trolling. Keep selling those wolf-tickets mate.

Edit: 2nd time in 5 years i´ve used the ignore button. Handy little thing that.

and that is exactly the type of behaviour you exibit every time you're about to spit your dummy,clutching for dear life onto that single straw left between you and the water...but dont worry i'm used to it,cuz its been so many times now

Ivan Mills Rami Saidy

Could you guys please

1) stop reporting these posts
2) stop behaving like 3 year olds

That'd be great.

I will not take action, learn to solve your childish stuff yourself - that's not offending. That's just plain childish and nothing more. Thanks a lot.

Tom

Ivan Mills Rami Saidy

Could you guys please

1) stop reporting these posts
2) stop behaving like 3 year olds

That'd be great.

I will not take action, learn to solve your childish stuff yourself - that's not offending. That's just plain childish and nothing more. Thanks a lot.

Tom

Hey wait a Minute, i'm not the childish one here, Ivan and Hampus are arguing

Seriously, this is quite... :laugh::laugh:

EDIT: I only 'Reported' because Ivan reported, I don't feel there was anything to report, to be honest

Source http://www.fia.com/2013-malaysian-grand-prix-post-race-press-conference

Quotes from Webber:
Q: (Trent Price – Richland F1) Mark, obviously yesterday there were a lot of unknowns surrounding tyres going into this race but you’ve executed basically what was a perfect race in terms of the tyre management. That must give you some confidence for the rest of the year.
MW: Yeah, you’re right, going into the event we were pretty concerned. Some of our long runs before the Grand Prix itself were pretty poor but these guys are not resting on any laurels, particularly, again, our key beacon in Adrian Newey, Adrian is working hard. The thing is I think it’s quite good for the neutral, good for the fans and good for probably new people that are following Formula One, but the old – let’s say people who have more of a grasp of the sport and more education of where the sport was – it’s still a little bit hit and miss. With what we had, probably not much of an idea that’s how the race would go for us today. I was surprised that other people were not with us, completely, people won’t believe that but that’s the case, and also I think, for the junior categories they need to get the tyres and things better for young drivers to learn how to push the cars to the limit and drive absolutely on the edge. You watch Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer play each other and it’s playing with the lines, it’s playing with precision for a five set match and we all enjoy watching that but at the moment we’re driving at eight and a half tenths, eight tenths, conserving our pace and some more situations like this will probably happen in the future because there’s a lot of ambiguity in who’s (on the) pace and who’s quick. Seb feels he’s strong only in the middle of the race then I could respond. The racing is completely around nursing and trying to make the tyres survive and they’re not conducive to driving a car on the limit. You don’t see us really pushing on the limit. Obviously Seb and I had a push in the middle in our last stint but generally no drivers are really on the limit today. I don’t know if I answered your question but anyway, that’s my little rant.

Q: Mark, obviously there have been some times in the past when you’ve been very close together and things have been said. Your reaction to what Sebastian has just said.
MW: Well, I was happy with how I drove today. I think it was a very good team result. We went into the race a little bit worried about how the race would unfold for us as a team in terms of performance. You still have to drive the grands prix these days at eight-tenths – it’s not like the old day when grand prix drivers are driving flat out and leaning on the tyres like hell – because the tyres are wearing out. So it’s not the most satisfying thing for us as grand prix drivers these days – but it’s the same for everybody.

I HATE the pirelli tyre conservation racing, and have done since its inception. I could not have summed up my thoughts better than the way Mark has done here. No wonder schumi didn't sign on for another year when he had the chance, and left.

Q: Lewis, your thoughts? Obviously this circuit is a fairly extreme one but do you see the picture continuing?
LH: I probably do, yeah. These tyres make it very hard, very difficult to make them last and particularly for me today, I wasn’t really able to make my tyres last as much as I wanted. I was fuel saving from an early point in the race which lost me a lot of time but generally these tyres make... it’s not fun, I didn’t enjoy the race. It’s not the same as back in the day when you had stints where you are pushing to the maximum the whole time, you had tyres that would last. Now you’re just... it’s like you have a hundred dollars and you have to spend it wisely over a period of time. It makes racing a lot different. It’s more strategic rather than pure speed racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back