Hamilton: Pirelli makes F1 not "pure speed racing"

bring back v10's, more power, faster speeds, F1 back to where it should be.

Since the competition is now better than around 10 years ago, that means we may not have one team dominating if the tyres were back to normal. Ferrari only dominated because in some cases they had superior parts or Tyres. Without those, who knows how many championships they would have got. I'm all for bringing the old tyres back, and with more than one company producing them.

Pirelli are doing what is asked of them by the top brass in F1. They want the racing to be fun to watch.
The drivers are doing a job, I don't care if it's fun for them. Does Lewis care if my job is fun? It needs to be fun for the spectators and TV audience because the more viewers, the more revenue from sponsors.
I don't think we'll see re-fuelling again as it's just another safety concern.
I see your point. I think there are some viewers who just want entertainment and then there are viewers who are supporters of a given driver/team. I'm a supporter of lewis hamilton in that he is for me, the fastest driver over one lap...and a race if the tyres were more durable. neither is right or wrong it's just where your own interests lie I guess. If my favourite football team are at a disadvantage before kick off, i'm not happy either. lol

If it's only about conserving tires, Jenson Button would win each race by a country mile. It's about getting to the correct level to push them that's the trick, that's why Lewis is complaining, and rightly so.

Red Bull and Lotus seem to have the estimates correct, and I am sure Alonso and Ferrari would have been challenging for the podium had they not had severe brainfade in Malaysia.

I see your point. I think there are some viewers who just want entertainment and then there are viewers who are supporters of a given driver/team. I'm a supporter of lewis hamilton in that he is for me, the fastest driver over one lap...and a race if the tyres were more durable. neither is right or wrong it's just where your own interests lie I guess. If my favourite football team are at a disadvantage before kick off, i'm not happy either. lol

Arsenal fan? :rolleyes::laugh:

So it depends on which driver is saying it for you to react.

I dont think you can compare the tire problems on the W03 with this year's car..which obviously exagurated the graining effect back then

and when Schumacher complained it was early stages of last year,so everyone was struggling to adapt,but only he had the balls to speak up.
Its been a long time since then..it's too late to complain and moan over having to nurse tires now,because they had all of last year to get used to this type of racing...............IMO.

I dont think you can compare the tire problems on the W03 with this year's car..which obviously exagurated the graining effect back then

and when Schumacher complained it was early stages of last year,so everyone was struggling to adapt,but only he had the balls to speak up.
Its been a long time since then..it's too late to complain and moan over having to nurse tires now,because they had all of last year to get used to this type of racing...............IMO.

this year though, it's even worse.

And who would like to see perhaps 4 Stop races later on in the season. That will slow the cars down even more.

He was talking about the Pirelli´s in general.

Basically what i got from you is if Schumi complains = silence
If Hamilton complains = stfu and stop whining.

Newsflash, the tires are still sh*t. (as designed)

He was talking about the Pirelli´s in general.

Basically what i got from you is if Schumi complains = silence
If Hamilton complains = stfu and stop whining.

Newsflash, the tires are still sh*t. (as designed)

Yeah you're right. If Hamilton says 'Hello', it is top of the News

NEWSFLASH! - Lewis Hamilton says hello. :D

Many things in F1 currently aren't the best, straight wings, pirelli tyres, v8's, bodywork, teams.
F1 isn't at its peak atm.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back