Hamilton: Pirelli makes F1 not "pure speed racing"

even worse then,..so he is a serial moaner?..is that what you're suggesting?
Only you would think that. The rest of us can feel for him (and Schumi) and fully understand that the tires are sh*t to race with.

And not only that, but that they won´t quit racing because of it but actually DEALS WITH IT which is something you seem to have miss-understood completely since you keep telling them what they are already doing..

As i said earlier. Get over it and make the most of it...adapt!!, like the rest of the field
Unless it´s schumacher of course.
If it´s him it´s either silence or church-boy nice guy tone from you.

Only you would think that. The rest of us can feel for him (and Schumi) and fully understand that the tires are sh*t to race with.

the tires were designed to be that way...it's supposed to add more pitstops,more unpredictability,more action ,even more then 2012,which was a pretty exciting season,if not one of the most.Obviously it's too early to tell if that would be the case,but first 2races were entertaining to say the least

And not only that, but that they won´t quit racing because of it but actually DEALS WITH IT which is something you seem to have miss-understood completely since you keep telling them what they are already doing..

So Schumacher quit ,because he couldnt deal with the tires? :laugh:

edit: if he is already adapting ,then no need to moan about the tires

I'm glad some of you know that Pirelli (as a company) is being told by the FIA (as a customer) what kind of tyres to create for F1, and not just throwing blind hate at Pirelli for doing what they were asked to do (which they have said multiple times over the past two seasons).

Pirelli is just doing their job. Complain to the FIA who after seeing Montreal 2010, the last one with Bridgestones, decided that they wanted tyres like that all the time.

It's possible to create tyres for the whole race, it's just that these companies weren't asked to do so.

I think we're slightly missing the point of what Lewis Hamilton was saying!!

I understand why the FIA wanted to spice things up with making Pirelli produce this kind of tyre. From a spectator point of view it has made the races appear more interesting which from viewing figures wise etc is very good for F1.

The main problem is for the drivers themselves. There are different types of Motorsport which cater for different types of drivers. We have Endurance racing which is a challenge for the drivers who want to have the elements of tyre wear and fuel usage being big factors in how their race progresses, but F1 drivers are pure speed freeks!! If an F1 driver like Lewis Hamilton or Mark Webber are saying it is boring from the driving seat as they're having to drive at 80% then surely there is a problem there!!

I personally don't blame pirelli -they've done what they've been asked to do. but the tyres which pirelli produce on behalf of the FIA are not agreeable to me or many of the teams and drivers.

changing regulations and tyres would have been great during an era like schumacher's. we knew he was the best against the likes of damon hill and eddie irvine. he had the best car and team after a couple of years as well. however, when raikkonen and alonso came on the scene, f1 naturally became more exciting. we now have several world champions and excitingly fast/clever drivers. the tyre situation hurts all of them and like the post above, rewards driving at 80%. couldn't the fia limit downforce instead? that way, redbull would be stuffed and drivers skill would be tested even more.

I'm glad some of you know that Pirelli (as a company) is being told by the FIA (as a customer) what kind of tyres to create for F1, and not just throwing blind hate at Pirelli for doing what they were asked to do (which they have said multiple times over the past two seasons).

Pirelli is just doing their job. Complain to the FIA who after seeing Montreal 2010, the last one with Bridgestones, decided that they wanted tyres like that all the time.

It's possible to create tyres for the whole race, it's just that these companies weren't asked to do so.

OK fair enough. But now drivers and teams are complaining about the tyres, so why in the first place did they agree to them?

it's mostly drivers complaining

In that case, why did the drivers agree to it in the first place? Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to state that they preferred the normal Bridgstones? Perhaps they didn't know this unpredictable racing would occur.

Teams are complaining as well, especially Red Bull and Mercedes who wanted to bring back the ´12 tires.

Newey complained as well and your golden-boy Vettel.

It's only RB and Mercedes afaik, where the moaning coming from Mercedes is from one of their drivers. With RB yes, Newey is comlaining because good aero can't seem to make the difference anymore,which is another reason why FIA wanted an even softer compound for this year

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back