Halo Confirmed for F1 2018

They will certainly go full electric soon, this is not a backward step. Oil is not the future, sustainable energy is. The next generation will not set foot in a petrol/diesel car.

Was thinking the same. I guess one day Formula E and Formula 1 will fuse.

What's strange is that F1 is always about progressing technology, which eventually filters down to road cars: TC, ABS, KERS

But this monstrous coat-hanger on the car is not progressive at all!!

Ugly but necessary.
No race organisation can live with the idea that a life could have been saved if somebody dies.
In this video it is a miracle that there were no deaths.
As for those referring that this will make them stop watching F1, either it is not true either they never really loved it anyway. It is like saying you will stop dating a girl because you didn't like her new hairstyle. :roflmao:

Last edited:
OFF TOPIC: They will certainly go full electric soon, this is not a backward step. Oil is not the future, sustainable energy is. The next generation will not set foot in a petrol/diesel car. The predicted date for the last petrol/diesel car to be produced is 2025, but I think it will be much sooner than that.
Very backwards step. Electric is not the future. Sorry you're into the electric thing, but it simply sucks. Even if all of racing goes all electric I'll have no interest and won't watch any of it. I'll always remember how racing was. And that's fine. Many things in life are like this. To just say it's the future and "go with it" doesn't mean it's "better". Even if the whole world goes along with it. Carburetion was far better than fuel injection. Much smoother. You had real control of your throttle inputs etc. All of the cars I've owned that are fuel injected, because they're "better" drive like ass. They're jerky and very on-off. There is no in-between. But this is due to emissions standards set up by the government. So it must be "better". Yeah, so much better. Anyway, love the electric "better" future ahead. For me electric racing defeats the whole point entirely. It's like going to see a rock concert that is completely silent. I would watch the performers jump around on stage with their lips moving in utter silence. But like you say, way better.

It will look like this...

Alexander Wurst..Wurz says on twitter: But on the positive, please consider that safer cars mean we can race much faster & harder in the future!
He is the chairman of GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers' Association).
Let's say 90% of the drivers (except Massa, he says yes if everybody says no and reverse) don't want this flipflop and Wurst says he is happy/positive. WTF?? He also says: "we can race must faster & harder" Wurst!...we don't give a **** about faster, we want more engine sound and if the cars go a bit slower, so be it. We watch races for battles and sound, now we have to look at this piece of s... Now we have no sound, a flipflop and probably more boring city races. yes i know we had luck this year in Baku.

OFF TOPIC: They will certainly go full electric soon, this is not a backward step. Oil is not the future, sustainable energy is. The next generation will not set foot in a petrol/diesel car. The predicted date for the last petrol/diesel car to be produced is 2025, but I think it will be much sooner than that.
Alcohol is a substitute in this aspect

The worst marketing advertisement ever made in F1 ...

montagem_havaianas_ferrari_halo_reproducao.jpg

Finally!!!
I was waiting for this piece of work for so long time! We all will be safer now, no doubt!
Yes for sure. Safer. Until of course, the untested piece of crap that's there only so the guy forcing it to be placed there because he gets a fat cut of the sales of the thing snaps off and goes through the driver's visor, killing him. My favorite is the comment above saying that if it saves even one life! Seriously? If we're that worried about it, then slow the cars down to 20 MPH and enclose the entire car in a giant bubble. Or better yet, let's not have drivers at all. Oh, wait we're doing that already. Yes, this is definitely all headed in the right direction. Can't wait for the podium interview with the uh...Well, you could always interview via internet the engineer who calculated how the electric, driverless F1 car won the race. He's sitting in Starbucks with his laptop right now. Let's talk to him! Fantastic race Elmer! How's the cappuccino?

Couldn't agree more.

Very backwards step. Electric is not the future. Sorry you're into the electric thing, but it simply sucks. Even if all of racing goes all electric I'll have no interest and won't watch any of it. I'll always remember how racing was. And that's fine. Many things in life are like this. To just say it's the future and "go with it" doesn't mean it's "better". Even if the whole world goes along with it. Carburetion was far better than fuel injection. Much smoother. You had real control of your throttle inputs etc. All of the cars I've owned that are fuel injected, because they're "better" drive like ass. They're jerky and very on-off. There is no in-between. But this is due to emissions standards set up by the government. So it must be "better". Yeah, so much better. Anyway, love the electric "better" future ahead. For me electric racing defeats the whole point entirely. It's like going to see a rock concert that is completely silent. I would watch the performers jump around on stage with their lips moving in utter silence. But like you say, way better.
Electric IS the future. There're no two ways about it. Wether you like it or not. Fossil fuels are not going to last for ever, and at some point it will no longer be economically viable to use them.

It'll be your loss. Great racing can come from anywhere, but if you're only attracted to the sound and the thought of mechanical monsters slowly chipping away at the human species chances of survival, than be my guest. Be the nay sayer, all I can say is that even Formula-E today, with all of it's quirks. Can be DAMN good racing.

Couldn't agree more.

Electric IS the future. There're no two ways about it. Wether you like it or not. Fossil fuels are not going to last for ever, and at some point it will no longer be economically viable to use them.

It'll be your loss. Great racing can come from anywhere, but if you're only attracted to the sound and the thought of mechanical monsters slowly chipping away at the human species chances of survival, than be my guest. Be the nay sayer, all I can say is that even Formula-E today, with all of it's quirks. Can be DAMN good racing.
Dude, I'm sorry that you're believing the line fed you by your college professor: Oil=Bad. Electric=Good. So-called renewables (no such thing)=Good.
It's just another form of snake oil sold by a fear-mongering salesman.
Do you really think these "salesman" planet-savers really care about you and how long you live? Do you really think they care about the planet and what it will be like 100 years from now? What they care about, by creating fear in the hearts of today's college students (and you apparently) is making a lot of money. So they sell you the line that the earth and everyone on it will die unless you buy an electric car and walk to work and eat copious amounts of Kale. They can sell you all of these nice things as you are clearly ready to buy them. Of course all of these things are interestingly very expensive. And might I add that today's hybrids/electric cars are basically throw-aways. What do you think rich folk do with their hybrid car when it reaches 60,000 miles and needs a new main battery? They trade it in. Are they going to drop $5,000 for a new battery? No. They trade it in. Who will buy it? A person that can only afford a used car. And will they buy it and then pay $5,000 for a new battery? The car becomes worthless. It then makes it's way to the junk yard and the battery is sent to a recycling center and whatever is worth anything in it is recycled using big diesel burning equipment. The same diesel burning equipment that is used at the beginning of the process to mine the toxic battery material in the first place. But hey, YOU are saving the planet. So, prepare to be safer, live longer, make a statement that YOU must make, that you are saving the world. And of course be prepared to pay double for everything than you used to and feel very good about yourself. All the while, those you now owe all this money to are flying around the world in their private jets (that you helped them get) burning more fossil fuel per hour than you will in your lifetime as they head to the next renewable energy summit telling YOU what YOU NEED to buy next. Get it yet?

Last edited:
I don't see the fuzz.

I watch F1, because it's the fastest class on non-ovals, and because I have someone to root for.
I don't watch Nascar, because I think ovals are boring, and I've outgrown my desire to watch people get hurt.
I watch GT-series or Le Mans, because it's epic, and I have someone to root for.
etc. etc.

I hardly watch racing at all because of the look or sound of the cars.

But, yes it's a different matter when you're sitting trackside, all the atmosphere around racing will change when going full electric. The new generation will hardly even care though.

It's the same with everything in history, the elders rant about the new stuff. "I liked the smel and feel of paper, now I have to use that computer-thingy? EeeeK!"

I'm against this partly because of the poor design, and from my perspective it looks like a serious obstruction of view.

There are so many things that can be improved before this needs to happen... but i've said enough in the past, hopefully there are some revisions to this...

Dude, I'm sorry that you're believing the line fed you by your college professor: Oil=Bad. Electric=Good. So-called renewables (no such thing)=Good.
It's just another form of snake oil sold by a fear-mongering salesman.
Do you really think these "salesman" planet-savers really care about you and how long you live? Do you really think they care about the planet and what it will be like 100 years from now? What they care about, by creating fear in the hearts of today's college students (and you apparently) is making a lot of money. So they sell you the line that the earth and everyone on it will die unless you buy an electric car and walk to work and eat copious amounts of Kale. They can sell you all of these nice things as you are clearly ready to buy them. Of course all of these things are interestingly very expensive. And might I add that today's hybrids/electric cars are basically throw-aways. What do you think rich folk do with their hybrid car when it reaches 60,000 miles and needs a new main battery? They trade it in. Are they going to drop $5,000 for a new battery? No. They trade it in. Who will buy it? A person that can only afford a used car. And will they buy it and then pay $5,000 for a new battery? The car becomes worthless. It then makes it's way to the junk yard and the battery is sent to a recycling center and whatever is worth anything in it is recycled using big diesel burning equipment. The same diesel burning equipment that is used at the beginning of the process to mine the toxic battery material in the first place. But hey, YOU are saving the planet. So, prepare to be safer, live longer, make a statement that YOU must make, that you are saving the world. And of course be prepared to pay double for everything than you used to and feel very good about yourself. All the while, those you now owe all this money to are flying around the world in their private jets (that you helped them get) burning more fossil fuel per hour than you will in your lifetime as they head to the next renewable energy summit telling YOU what YOU NEED to buy next. Get it yet?

Whatever makes you feel good mate. I'm not even going to consider going on with THIS argument.

Good racing out there ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back