[Guide] How to make an AI Mod

Hello, my first post.

What a brilliant guide this is, Kristian. Thank you very much. I've only just picked up F1 2011 recently and want to get cracking on a few things, without being a "can you help me here, there and tie my shoelaces" kind of guy I hope. Everything seems easy to understand anyway, I'm having a proper look at it this weekend.

Something I'd just like to know in advance, is it possible to mod the likeliness of AI drivers being penalised for causing accidents and such? I'm not up to speed yet whether the game gives that kind of output already, but I had F1 2010 and as you'll know, it was as likely as Hamilton's ego not popping his helmet wide open by the end of this season.

Thanks a lot.

I don't think it's possible. I've tried to make the AI get a penalty but they don't.

Altho 1 friend with original game had a race on which the AI had a penalty for causing a collision. But I've never seen such thing in my game. Even when my AI is aggressive and the original AI doesn't even want to overtake you.. It's a thing I can't explain.. =/ Sorry

Hello kristian, your mod AI is fantastic,but I have a question. In the overtakes, the AI too takes slipstream and not overtakes (AI hit my car). Is there anyway to change this?
any value of ai_driver_config?
Sorry for my English from google.. xD
Regards

Hello kristian, your mod AI is fantastic,but I have a question. In the overtakes, the AI too takes slipstream and not overtakes (AI hit my car). Is there anyway to change this?
any value of ai_driver_config?
Sorry for my English from google.. xD
Regards

<asRejectDistance float="7.0" /> - How close should the AI car (behind) get, to start breaking (so it doesn't crash into the car in front).

Try increasing this. :)

4. Database

Now.. There are a LOT of things that you can change here. I'm getting tired of writing all of this, so I'll stick with the most important.

ai_driver tab.

You can see a lot of things there. Aggression, Mechanical Failures, Speed_In, Speed_Out, Virtual Performance.

All of these have a maximum value of "1.0". Making it over 1.0 will result in the game reading it as "1.0".

I don't think I should explain everything around this tab as it's pretty clear.

ai_tier_characteristics tab.

Now, firstly.. I'll write the default Tiers of the teams.

Tier 1 - RBR, McLaren, Ferrari
Tier 2 - Mercedes GP, Renault
Tier 3 - Sauber, Toro Rosso
Tier 4 - Force India, Williams
Tier 5 - Lotus, Virgin, HRT

If you make the tier 2 values to "0.2" - they will be very, very, very slow. If you make it to "1.0" - they will fight for the win with RBR, McLaren and Ferrari. It's as simple as that. I've used this to speed up the backmarkers.

f1drivers tab.

I'm including this tab only because of one thing. There are many people complaining that they don't like their team mates. I mean, when they join a team. For example Williams, the game gives them Barrichelo as a team mate.. But they don't like him and they want Maldonado. You can make the game give you Maldonado as a team mate when you go to "stats_driver_level" and make Maldonado's driver level, higher than Barrichelo's.

f1teams tab.

You can balance the team's performance from here. There are 2 ways to do it:
1) Change their tier.
2) Change their virtual performance.

NEVER! I mean.. NEVER!!!! touch anything under "short_name" , "boss_firstname" , "boss_surname" , "billboard_texture_id"!!

track_model tab.

Just look what information you can change here. It's quite too long and it's pretty easy to understand (as everything about the database).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
I change teams tiers and virtual performances (in database) like real 2012 F1 season, but I haven´t this car setup in my second season in carrier (I change Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus in tier 1, Force India, Sauber, Williams in tier 2, Caterham, Torro Rosso in tier 4 and Marussia, HRT in tier 5):( . Where is problem. Thank you for reply!

I change teams tiers and virtual performances (in database) like real 2012 F1 season, but I haven´t this car setup in my second season in carrier (I change Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lotus in tier 1, Force India, Sauber, Williams in tier 2, Caterham, Torro Rosso in tier 4 and Marussia, HRT in tier 5):( . Where is problem. Thank you for reply!

Every season the car performance change. If Ferrari is the lowest teams of Tier 1 - it goes to Tier 2. The fastest of tier 2 goes to Tier 1 and like this...

I need a little help. My problem happens on last 2-3 laps of every stint, my tyres are so worn that I'm spinning and losing a lot of time. So on 2 stop strategy the game is unplayable for me. I have to make tyres last longer or force AI to do a 3rd stop and use a 3 stops strategy myself (although it will be a little to much in 50% race distance). Is there any way to do that?

You have empty tier 3, I am not sure is that possible.

I need a little help. My problem happens on last 2-3 laps of every stint, my tyres are so worn that I'm spinning and losing a lot of time. So on 2 stop strategy the game is unplayable for me. I have to make tyres last longer or force AI to do a 3rd stop and use a 3 stops strategy myself (although it will be a little to much in 50% race distance). Is there any way to do that?
Try to drive less aggressive. Are you locking brakes often? It is better to try to get yourself faster then slowing down AI.

This is very strange. I've been thinking about making only 1 stop in a 50% League race and you can't make 2.. That's strange. There is a way tho - it was in the database but I can't remember what exactly was it... I have to take a look but I can't now. But I also think it's gonna be better if you try to drive better than slowing down the AI too. There are things that it's not very good to be touched. What do you actually mean by 3 stops? You use 4 tires? Does this happen on every stint? You definitely spin a lot the rear tires because ALWAYS my front tires are in worse condition than my rears and if I have problems - they are understeering, not oversteering. Try to be more careful on the throttle. Putting it down fast won't win you any time but you'll screw your tires..

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that I play on PC with keyboard (ABS and TC on). That's why I'm killing my tyres 2 laps before every pitstop.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back