GTR2 to GTR Evolution Conversion (GT)

Re-did the gtr2 mirrors.gmt
mirrors.png

But now the center view looks through the windscreen banner?
Is it Camera position or?

It seems Race07 don't like some materials or material combinations, specially if there are transparent materials included or if transparency is set to "auto" for some materials and 't1 diffuse' is used.

The fresnel material often work best (but can't be used for mirrors as far as I know). So I use it almost everywhere except for exterior interiors, to avoid problems. If I don't want reflections I just add a dark reflection map image. If there are sorting issues with transparency it usually helps to split up the model to different models. The game usually draws transparent materials in the order of their distance, seen from the camera/viewpoint. It seems the imagined center of the vertices of a .gmt file is used to decide what object is the closest.
This rule can be used to avoid problems with headlights and wheel rims with transparency.

In this case perhaps if mirrors are considered to be transparent or auto the game probably decide the center of the glass material is closer than the center of the mirror material, and therefore draws glass material over mirror materials.

I don't know if this is different to GTR2, but I hope this helps :)

Not sure what it is but the mirrors fit very poorly even in GTR2.
Not mapped very well

24H beta. Andreas menus and changes to HDC and tires

NGT beta

Just copy over the right folder.

Apart from Andreas changes this is just graphics changes and mainly in the cockpits
Mainly getting the right shaders and sharpen the textures with negative bias.
Add Pauls GTR233 updated Motecs and a few steering wheels textures.
Made a few larger textures myself but otherwise found the up converted cockpit textures in this mod was already made very well.

Things not working right. But will get fixed.
The Mirror on the TVR.
The Motec on the Morgan had issues with warning lamps.
The Motec on one of the Mosler is not updated.

I do think the skins are too reflective?
Using Specular power = 40 like in GTR2 but Race 07 got more light so think they should be lowed?

Have not looked at physics yet as I want to finish the graphics first.

The wipers on the Porsche's do not fit well anyone got an idea of better wipers?

Well don, it is very much work and a lot of files :D

I have noticed two things (as you might have seen too already, but I report it anyway)

H8_CHASSIS_STYLE1_A.GMT in ...H24\Porsche996GT2 has accidentally been overwritten by the an interior gmt file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5jj9senhi7tv8yg/H8_CHASSIS_STYLE1_A.GMT/file

N4_LIGHT_LR_STYLE2.GMT in ...NGT\P996 GT3 RS seems to be damaged or corrupt and causes a graphics glitch. Here is an updated one:

Last edited:
Awesome! The reflections are pretty cool!

Couple of things:
Lotus Elise: has broken rev limiter sound in neutral and pressing the clutch in any gear in chase camera
Porsche RS 2003: has a weird texture problem back left
Sin título.jpgcapture_2020-07-26_00-19-51.jpg
Seat Toledo: has something going on with the back wheels
capture_2020-07-26_00-32-32.jpgcapture_2020-07-26_00-34-18.jpg

Thanks and thanks for the fixes Andreas!
I did see the RS glich but thought I fix it.:whistling:

The Seat wheels are new type of wheels to increase the grip:roflmao:

Should have added I have ignored all wheels and rims until now.
They are a huge mess with missing textures, wrong textures and random textures used as specular texture.

Will finish the GT Class in the next 2 days
Then the known bugs before deciding if fixing wheel textures or delete them and use the wheels from the Race 07 folder!

Also noticed the Corvette (C5) are in the wrong class. It's in GT should be in 24H.
Will keep it like this in the betas but have it fixed in RD upload.

Again thanks for checking and fixing it is a huge help as there are so many variations of the cars to test.

Have learned more about Gtr2 the last couple of weeks with this mod than in 10 years actual using Gtr2!

Forgot!
Any reason not to delete the LOD 'D' and edit them out in the CAS files and adjust the LOD distance accordingly.
Looking for ways to bring down the DL size and get ride of files not needed?

To reduce mod archive size you should use default race/evo sounds instead of old gtr2 ones and could save up to 200mb : moreover they sound better IMHO.

Sound already changed for most cars.

Ran into another issue with the GT cars.
Driver position!
Tried to make the for gtr2 normal 'INT_Driver_styleXX work but was not able to get them in the right position.
Is there a Special Race 07 trick?

Do have a work around to get high res driver arms in the GT cars but it takes up a lot more more space.

F 550 is also a mess with wrong cockpits in some car variations so in the process of changing the cockpit file structure.
Already learned a lot of ways of how not to do it :roflmao:

Anybody have a go on the Talent files?

My thought is to make a Gtr2 track sections.
Re-use Race 07 track assets for the tracks already included in Race 07 but use the Gtr2 ads.

7 out of the 15 tracks are already in Race 07 so it will not be a huge DL.
Already got them fixed so they are now DX9 so is a fairly small job.

I always use driver style1, and its position should work well (center under the driver, but up/down and front/rear are not the same as external driver position). The trickiest part is usually to get the feet positions right. If the position is out of reach it can result in some advanced yoga positions :O_o:

I always use driver style1, and its position should work well (center under the driver, but up/down and front/rear are not the same as external driver position). The trickiest part is usually to get the feet positions right. If the position is out of reach it can result in some advanced yoga positions

Will try again later, ran into other issues with the GT's
Could use some advanced yoga myself! :)

Changed the car naming in the menu back to the first system, so the filter for the sub classes can be used (hopefully) fixed a few minor things, and now adding second drivers for all cars.
The talent files have been updated for a more calm ai behavior, but the fast cars will still sometimes run into the rear bumper of slower cars. I guess that is a game limitation that we have to live with.

gtrtoevo1.jpg

Just by using the Race 07 like physics for the Ai they behave much better.
No ramming and no flipping your car over.

Unfortunately I messed up the Inertia calculations
Copied the files the wrong way over so over wrote the new inertia settings. No back ups:mad:
So will have to start over on that.
But they do work as they are. Just think we should feel more weigh transfer in braking and acceleration?

Saw I forgot the tire and brake temp in the F 360 cars Motecs

Moved the whole project to a steam folder as previous I use a Race On install.
But it does a few things differently special with driver, Mirrors and views.
Too bad as I enjoyed not to have to start up steam

Car filter now works for whole sub-classes unless there are ID number conflicts with some other installed mod.

Increased LOD-distance in .cas files for 1st and 2nd LOD for better overall looks

Ai works better, had to add year after driver name, similar to super touring mod, or else some other talent files would be loaded for some drivers that are included in Race07 game.
2003 are finnished, 2004 are left to do. There might be some problems when we try to put our work together to one updated mod, without overwriting each others work, but hopefully it will work :O_o: :D

(I have updated .car, .cas and talent files since last updated mod pack, and some windows .gmt files for one Ferrari that had non-transparent windows)

gtrtoevo2.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea