1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTR2 to GTR Evolution Conversion (GT)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Ryan Callan, Oct 18, 2008.

1. http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=13816

Petrs73 has converted the GT cars over from GTR2.

2. The download server crashed :( Hope someone puts it's on filefront or megaupload or something.

**update** Author is uploading to another sever. Awaiting launch.
  3. Great stuff :thumb:
  4. Good News :):peace:
  5. Hope to see these w/ Evo physics.
  6. A very good conversion, just did a race at Spa used the Vehicle filter, and selected

F550 - GTR2
    Saleen - Evo
    Lambo - GTR2
    Chev C5 - C6 Evo
    Masa - GTR2
    Aston - Evo
    pretty much so I could get a 06 -07 looking grid, and looks awesome especially with some of those current C6 skins floating about, trouble is GTR2 has a massive advantage even the MC12 was about 5 seconds faster than the GTPro cars :) plus GTR2 can select the different compounds, which is great, would be nice to evenly match these cars and also maybe have the ability to remove some tyre choices.
  7. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

installed and tested....
    • Cars look amazing in Evo for sure. Much better then in GTR2
    • Lots of bugs in this release (menu icons, action cam)
    • Physics are too "GTR2'ish":
      • Ridiculous late braking possible
      • Too much grip
      • Dominant F550 again :(
      • Prefer the Evo physics for sure
    • Why convert cars that are already in Evo: Saleen, Viper, Corvette?? And not the cars that we dont have: Morgan, Nissan Z, 360 GTC, RSR, Lotus :yo:
    If this mod gets evo physics it might be a great addition. If not, its a waste of time, because i can't see why somebody would prefer this over the default content of the game

8. scca1981 is working on the Porsche and Ferrari from the ALMS 2007 mod to Evo. They will be in the GT Sport class and have Evo physics. Should be good and will be released soon.
  9. Wow!!!
  10. He's doing the NGT mod aswell. :wink:

I won't be using it personally.
  11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

he does say in some of his post that he is working on evo physics and the release of it will be dependant upon demand
  12. My thoughts exactly , one of the features of Evo was that every car had the chance to win. New physics & some balancing and I'll look again.
  13. Even though these cars are not balanced and have a slight GTR2 feel to them, they drive a heck of a lot better than they did in GTR2.
  14. If the physics are redone and the performances balanced it would be fantastic!

New Porsche and Ferrari on the way.

FIA GT Mod 2006/2007/2008 on the horizon?
  15. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Im not downloading that at all. Nothing done to the physics. How ever someone at RSC is doin wonders with the Lambo and the MC12 :)
  16. It feels so much like GTR2.
  17. here said 1 week or so for the NGT's

With regards to having the GTR2 cars that are already in Evo, I guess that with the old GTR2 physics, you need them to run an even field. Once the physics are done, then you can drop the double ups....
  18. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

installed and tested.

i personnaly never played gtr2, but i took a viper and drove at the boavista circuit, in Porto, and found a little difference from when i drive gtr-evo's viper or saleen. it seems like the gtr-evo can transmit a better feel of the track, although you get that kind of wheelie feeling when applying full throttle with the gtr2 viper.

anyway those cars are too fast for me, i'm purely a (rookie at best) wtcc driver :D
  19. I have released an update for this conversion that adds icons and combines the two Ferrari's...

it can be downloaded from NoGrip and here at RD once authorised in the Misc section of the GTR Evo downloads.

Attached Files: