GTR2 to GTR Evolution Conversion (GT)

Does the Lotus Elise crash when loading a track for you too?
I don't know if it is something I have done, or if there is something else causing it.
I have tried to temporary replace almost everything from physics to graphics, but the game still crashes :confused:

The Porches still need some setup tweaks to prevent the rear from sliding, but everything else should be ok for now as far as I know. I haven't done anything to the talent files, but we could decide that later. There are a little bit too much bumping for my taste, and it make the ai drivers look clumsy. :D

I don't know if it is something I have done, or if there is something else causing it.
I have tried to temporary replace almost everything from physics to graphics, but the game still crashes :confused:

The Porches still need some setup tweaks to prevent the rear from sliding, but everything else should be ok for now as far as I know. I haven't done anything to the talent files, but we could decide that later. There are a little bit too much bumping for my taste, and it make the ai drivers look clumsy. :D
Yes sir, crashing both 2003 and 2004 Lotus Elise when loading a track.

Do you mean
Model="Ferrari 360 GTC 2004"
They are in the .car files, so the same .inccar file could be used for 2003 and 2004.

I have made changes to the names and manufacturers to the same system as in other Race 07 cars.
So you can wait until I have sent my updates

This results in that all cars ar in just two classes, but that could of course be changed

View attachment 390714

View attachment 390715

View attachment 390732
Looking great, to be honest those underscore names were a little ugly now is clean.

The Porsche GT3 RS left tail light is not working, no matter if it is braking or lights on.
20200721191833_1.jpg20200721191918_1.jpgcapture_2020-07-21_20-05-52.jpg

Also the Porsche 993 GT2 front lights loose brightness when the camera is directly in front.
993.jpg

I think this is the game engine problem but the shades look bad in the garage in every car.
20200721192112_1.jpg

Last edited:

First it did but second time it didn't.
But the issue is it asked for h4_wheel_style1.dds where it should be 100 or 101 also the spec is missing.
Was thinking to do away with those textures are use the standard Race 07 textures ?
What do you think Andreas?
Thought there must be something very close if not similar and it would cut down on textures both in download but also in game

Last edited:

Well, been testing the nGT cars: Porsche GT3 RS, Porsche GT3 RSR, Ferrari 360 Modena and Ferrari 360 GTC are very rear slippery wich is weird coming from cars with rear and mid engines, the bots cant handle the cars at 110 difficulty at Brands Hatch Indy(Even with the nGT v0.80), the 350z and TVR can drive it with no problems.
20200722003005_1.jpg20200722003921_1.jpg20200722010552_1.jpg

Hey! For those who have been wondering about the Lotus Elise, yes, this car from the original mod crashes every time the game tries to load it. There was a fix available somewhere (I think it was a problem with the wipers), but I can't find it right now. I have the mod with the fix applied in my HDD, so perhaps you'd like me to upload the wiper files somewhere (and see if my mind was correct)?

Yes, please! :D
Can you upload the whole Lotus Elise folder? I have tried to disable the wiper, but the game still crashes.
I am quite used to solving crashes (from my own cars), but I haven't found the solution this time.

NGT class recently discovered bugs

• 2003:
F 360 front lights
20200722010211_1.jpg

• 2004:
F 360 front lights
F 360 GTC front lights
P GT3 RS front lights
20200722123049_1.jpg
P GT3 RSR front lights, car n66 sometimes spawns with bugged skin
20200722122939_1.jpg20200722104328_1.jpg20200722010938_1.jpg20200722003407_1.jpg20200722003426_1.jpg
N 350z only left front light loose brightness
20200722121633_1.jpg20200722121638_1.jpg
TVR front and rear lights
20200722122124_1.jpg20200722122109_1.jpg

Also and idea, dont you think the Nissan 350z, when the camera is in the driver seat it sound is too much to the left?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated!
Sadly the problem are still there for some reason. I have tried many of my usual tricks, but so far no solution, at least on my computer :unsure:

CORRECTION: It works now :) It seems there also was a track problem that caused the crash after installing the update you sent. Thanks again! :D

Last edited:
The car filter doesn't work for this mod. The reason for that is that all cars in the same class and same year uses the same car ID number.
When all the cars had the same name in "model" all the cars in one class could be turned on/off at the same time, but with the standard naming system multiple car model names with the same ID will disable the filter (for those cars).

So the question is, should we revert back to the previous system with kind of a working filter but a worse looking menu? I can of course do this without the underlines "_".

What do you think?

Now the car filter is quite useless. It is possible to race against a random mix of cars from GT, nGT and 24H, but if we use the previous system it should be possible to filter out "subclasses" one by one.
So you could race against only GT or GT and 24H of 2003 if you want unless you have some other mod that uses the same car ID number :O_o:
I don't use car filter myself, so it doesn't matter to me, but I can change it to whatever suits most people.

In my opinion the car filter is important, thats one thing that makes me still play this game, really like the idea to select wich car you can race against.
In other car class is not that revelant more or less they are the same but here you have 3 different classes in one and sometimes cars that dont have too many drivers(Murcielago, Corvette, 350z, Toledo, Aero, Z3) are very unlikely to spawn and your grid is Porsche vs Ferrari.

Well, found that when this bad boy spawns in the same track:
Sin título.jpg20200722122124_1.jpg
than this Porsche they share the same skin:
20200722104328_1.jpg20200722003407_1.jpg
Maybe its because this TVR skin is not one of the originals from GTR2, maybe the solution is to delete it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.