GTR2 Modding

Apparently BTB Evo was a piece of software that was easier to make tracks with for GTR2 but you can't buy it anymore or can find it anywhere. Think there's other ways to make tracks with other software obviously. If you find BTB Evo Pm me as I would also like to have a go at making a track with easier to learn software

Apparently BTB Evo was a piece of software that was easier to make tracks with for GTR2 but you can't buy it anymore or can find it anywhere. Think there's other ways to make tracks with other software obviously. If you find BTB Evo Pm me as I would also like to have a go at making a track with easier to learn software
I would like to learn every way of making tracks for the game. I'm going to start with the hard. The Nordschleife. I see that in some mods there are so many mistakes huh.

OMG - if you make an more accurate version of the Nordscheleife then every GTR2 user and his dog will love you forever (if you share it of course).
I don't understand too much from modding. But I know the Norschleife like my body. I may not know the name of every part but I can say i know where are most of the bumps, how to make the karusell, touristenfahrten pits and much more. I have 500 laps on the Nordschleife with my favourite M3 GTR and a personal record of 8:16:25 with default setup (only rpm's changed). So I just need to know what tools I should use because I couldn't find anything!

Pretty sure someone will be along soon who will give you more of an idea of what software to use. At a guess (until someone else pops up who knows) I think track creators use Bob's Track Builder and then port it into GTR2 somehow; then there is software called sim3d (I think it's called that) and then software named Blender. I think you'll need one if not all of them to create a track for GTR2 unless you somehow find BTB Evo which does it direct. Best to wait for someone who knows more...

damn i have to be 3d modeller for blender
But.... this "may" be all doable using Bobs Track Builder and then converting it so to speak. Someone more knowledgeable than myself will let you know but either way having a more accurate Nordscheleife would be awesome as all versions of it for GTR2 are a bit off - though I do appreciate the work put into them all

Last edited:
But.... this "may" be all doable using Bobs Track Builder and then converting it so to speak. Someone more knowledgeable than myself will let you know but either way having a more Nordscheleife would be awesome as all versions of it for GTR2 are a bit off - though I do appreciate the work put into them all
I can't find a free version.

A "more accurate version of the Nordscheleife". Which Nordschleife? Thirties? Fifties? Seventies? Modern? (I detest the latter as it includes that claustrophic F1 "Nurburgring" as part of the lap.)

My favorite in most sims is the versoin known as "The Mother". But there is a version for rfactor I would like to have in GTR2, it includes the Nordschleife, the Sudschleife, the Betonschleife, and the Gesamtstrecke; to my knowledge this is only available for rfactor.

As it is today or as close as - which in the main I've used Assetto Corsa and the PC2 version for and the former I believe is laser scanned and the latter is closely the same.

@jgf - pretty sure some of those versions of the Nords are on AC - sure I have a good Rainmaker version of one of them on AC and another prominent Assetto modder has covered a few others you mentioned also. Maybe they 'all' came from rfactor and have been upgraded visually.

Edit: yep from rfactor to AC. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nurburgring-1967.28207/

Last edited:
A "more accurate version of the Nordscheleife". Which Nordschleife? Thirties? Fifties? Seventies? Modern? (I detest the latter as it includes that claustrophic F1 "Nurburgring" as part of the lap.)

My favorite in most sims is the versoin known as "The Mother". But there is a version for rfactor I would like to have in GTR2, it includes the Nordschleife, the Sudschleife, the Betonschleife, and the Gesamtstrecke; to my knowledge this is only available for rfactor.
As it is today or as close as - which in the main I've used Assetto Corsa and the PC2 version for and the former I believe is laser scanned and the latter is closely the same.

@jgf - pretty sure some of those versions of the Nords are on AC - sure I have a good Rainmaker version of one of them on AC and another prominent Assetto modder has covered a few others you mentioned also. Maybe they 'all' came from rfactor and have been upgraded visually.

Edit: yep from rfactor to AC. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nurburgring-1967.28207/

2004 Nordschleife

2004 Nordschleife.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea