I have reverted back to pessimism, it seems like the new owners of SimBin focus on event-management rather than out of the box games. don't think we'll ever see GTR3, but hey, we can do this with rFactor2 once it is properly released or Assetto Corsa, once the first mods have shown up.
Yep, that is something we are considering as well Eckhart. SimBin really needs to hurry up with at least showing us some kind of Roadmap what we can expect with regards to the game.

We can't wait another year on GTR3. First of the three developers that delivers a full working game nails it imo.

Does getting a license for a series give them access to usually unobtainable cars like Porsche, Ferrari and Mercedes? It's gonna be strange if those cars are missing. I know RUF can be used for Porsche but a I think a fictional car was used for Mercedes in STCC and Matech (race team?) was used for the Ford GT in the Power Pack.

It did for GTR1 & 2.

I think the issue with the Merc in STCC was the fact it wasn't officially a works backed or built car whereas the Porsche & Ferrari in the FIA GT series are built by the manufacturer then sold to customer teams. I might be wrong though as I know sod all about that kind of thing:).

They've already stated their working on 3 projects. GTR 3, V-WTCC 2012, and a Free2Play game.

Ya they've missed release dates by months (and years), every company does. I dunno why so many people have their panties in a bunch or would write off a game from a company that probably got them into sim racing just because they aren't shoving information down our throats about it. Ya the statements of "soon' and "you'll see" are annoying but whatever, they aren't ready to let the cat(s) out of the bag.

It takes awhile to build quality games nowadays and they seem like a small studio. They've hopefully gotten over their financial troubles, the small interview that popped up after the GTR3 website was unveiled gave me hope that their headed in the right direction. Out of the sims coming out this year or next, I'm most excited by what they have in store for us.

Did anyone ever hear from SimBin regarding beta testing products? I'm presuming many here sent off e-mails when requested earlier this year.

Jay replied to a similar question yesterday over at Raceroom. He wouldn't confirm wether beta testing was or was not taking place at this time, but that anyone who was selected should not be telling anyone!!

Reading between the lines would suggest that beta testers have had communication or are already involved in testing, but are not allowed to talk about it:).

Might possibly still be in progress! Saw this post at VirtualR and couldn't help grinning; http://www.virtualr.net/first-gtr3-news-coming-later-this-month

With the image on this website, it defiantly looks something like GTR3.....
I did notice that on the timing board it was +9.7, this makes me think is this a release date. It is something sneaky that Simbin would do.
Maybe the 9th of July??? 2013?

Or October the 7th 2013??

Just another idea of when the game might be released.
Scott :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back