August 2013????? WTF it says 2012 :mad:

grijs-gespikkeld-breath-in-breath-out-t-shirts.png

I think the whole 'Exclusive Deal' stuff really sucks ... in the end the people who lose out are the gamers, as we are prevented from having our favourite content in our favourite games. It's a real shame when the industry competes with their lawyers rather than just competing with the quality of their games.

In practice what seems to happen is that the gaps are filled by the modding community, which is why I think modability is a must for GTR3.

PersonaIly I'd love to see the GT3 series in GTR3 :) For me GT3 strikes a nice balance. The cars are powerful and fun, but you also feel like you could in theory buy one. Unlike things like GT1 cars, which are pretty much custom race machines inside a (somewhat) stock car body.

I would obviously like FIA GT1 and GT3, but mostly the new WEC, some LMS, and ALMS, VLN, ADAC GT Masters, DTM, Dutch Supercar Series, British GT, Grand-Am, and any other GT series I'm missing. Hopefully some open wheel stuff too.

From SimBin's Jay Ekkel on the RaceRoom forums:

"Not always true, f.e. the WTCC license covers, tracks, cars and race drivers. Only cars for single race entry (new) cars are normally not covered. Single make series, like Formula BMW are the same as well (obviously). So it really depends per series. But it is a complete hassle with other race series.

On top of that you could say that series licenses are very restricted, you are "bound" to the race series rules and regulations. Where as if you would license all cars in a series separate without the series license, you can do the same rules, but also add other cool cars on top of that, without restriction."

Reading between the lines, GTR 3 may end up with GT1 and GT3 cars & tracks but no official licences.

Where do you see between the lines GT1 & GT3? One of the cars that have been reveiled (Corvette) was a GT2. Hope you are right though, absolutely love the GT3 class.

Personally I don't really mind if a game has a licensed series or just licensed cars from the series. Its obviously an economic decision as its a lot cheaper.

I posted "GT1 and GT3 cars" because of the GT1 rule changes for 2012 but my post wasn't about which GT class cars are to be featured in GTR3. Consider it a parapraxis post :)

I meant to post that Jay's comments offer the strongest indiciation that SimBin are going to focus on securing licenced cars/tracks rather than the GT licence(s).

Slightly Mad are making CARS available for platform. Ian Bell posted there is "a lot of money to be made in late cycle console releases" on the CARS forum. The console versions are said to be DirectX9 ports and locked at 30fps with lower res graphics; everything else will be the same i.e. no" dumbing down" of the physics model.

I see no reason why SimBin couldn't make console versions if they wanted to. Problem is SimBin got burnt with Race Pro plus they are a small development team, so I doubt they have the resources to make console games in parallel with a PC game.

There is a certain experience in life that seems to always repeat itself. The harsh reminder we receive after we start to feel like the big fish in a little pond. This can happen in any activity of life and to be fair it usually starts in an innocent manner. This inevitable perception evolves and we begin to feel to some degree that nothing can touch us and despite our better judgement, we fool ourselves into thinking that it will somehow remain that way forever. However, that fateful day comes when the foundation that grounds your silly perception begins to catastrophically split and everything crashes down. The Pagani Zonda R was exactly that type of wake up call to the world of sports cars. So it seems fitting to see SimBin Studios include the voracious sports car in the lineup of their upcoming racing simulator GTR 3; The agent they hope to introduce to the foundations of the sim racing world.

More here on the frontpage

Trouble is, the existing physics model sux hard....as does FFB.

i.e. no" dumbing down" of the physics model.
Yea it does not get more dumbed down then it already is.

Next gen consoles will be able to run DX11 at atleast 30fps but i doubt you will ever get the same physics that you get on a PC.
Just the fps itself is too low. And it´s probably a type of Vsync which adds lag.

CARS is still in alpha stage and cannot be judged as a completed game.

Having Ben Collins (A.K.A White Stig) as a consultant to ensure the vehicle handling and tracks are accurate isn't enough real world feedback either.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.