Box just because it means that if i do lose my steam account i've still got the game. :)

For me, it's the opposite. I'll most likely buy from Steam, because I'm more careful about losing my Steam account than I am with boxed games. I swear, every house move just eats some of your possessions and you never see them again. 3 house moves later and I miss Dark Side of the Moon. :(

It probably is. EA most likely took the oppertunity to make sure Forza and Gran Turismo couldn't officially include the GT1 and GT3 championships. Which unfortunately means GTR3 wouldn't be able to either.

It doesn't really matter to me though. I think the game can still have good GT racing even if it's lacking some licensed content.

i'd love to see a "load fastest lap time setup" option. often in gtr 2 or evo, i will drive a car on a certain track, get it fairly dialed in, but then not come back to that same track and same car for a long time, like over 6 months. now sometimes i remembered to properly label and save my setups, but after downloading setup packs there are soo many, i don't always remember what was what.

so, if there could simply be a load personal lap record setup, or something like that option, that would be great.

Would like it to be a official GT1 championship sim, would be nice if they include stock version of cars that run in the GT1 champ. I expect better physics, graphics, ai realism...But I'll tell you, If they include some cars from other classes like GT2 and GT3 and a couple of some cool tracks (as Bathurst, Nordschleife, Le-Mans) it would make the game better then "the best racing simulator" (aka Shift 2 XD) but thats maybe way too subjective, we'll see in the end anyway what happens with shift 2 and with what SIMBIN will come up with GTR 3.
Also, I think Simbin should concentrate only on GTR 3 in the future regarding the DLC, bigger DLC is the right way, or a charge free small DLC IMHO. If they want to become eventually better then Gran Turismo, Forza on larger scale and push themselves on a whole new level of respect that they(simbin) surely deserve.

I'll go for the boxed only if it can be registered later on Steam, as it will make things easier later on. Besides, nobody guarantees that a storm or a robbery can wipe the boxed version away.

Everything what was in GTR 2 + my wishes:

- Realistic night. You can drive without headlights at night in GTR2 I wan't more darkness
- Better graphics of course
- Same or better physics and force feedback than in Race 07/GTR evolution
- 24 hour races of course
- Better pit crew animations. Animation when changing driver during pits top in endurance race
- FIA GT1 and GT3 series, Porsche supercup, LMS, ALMS, maybe some formula classes also, Historic GT cars?
- Other teams pit crews in pit area
- Lots of tracks

There's something what came to my mind. I'm sure more things will come to my mind.

Hope this hasn't been said a million times before, but as I quickly read through the most recent pages it seems it hasn't!

I'd love to see some kind of replay analyzer. The replay analyzer for GPL helped me improve my lap times A LOT and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate a nice, in-game replay analyzer tool :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.