Lately i have bought RACE on for a friend. He likes to race so i thought: lets introduce SIMBIN. He drove about 20 laps on easy but he just couldnt put himself into it. SO i asked why. What's wrong, or what do you miss? He told me that RACE ON is boring. I got a bit angry and i said: you watch every F1 race and you find Race ON boring? Well...it was a discussion i could not win. Right now he bought himself a PS3, GT5, a steering wheel and he loves it! He also plays GRID and F1 2010.
Simbin is a different piece of cake. They care more about the car physics and less about the stunning graphics and gadgets and action like we see in F1 2010 or GRID or NFS HP. There is a special group of people that love SIMBIN's kind of racing. And im afraid it is a pretty small group. From all my friends there are only 1 or 2 that are able to keep the car on the track. The rest just bumps from side to side. When i tell them to use the brake before a corner they all respond with: "With GRID the wall is my brake".
I truly hope SIMBIN survives. They deserve it!

amen to that!

I just love the physics of Race ON
other games like Grid for example
feel to me like driving one of these cars
with rubber bands bumping into each other

NOT my cup of tea...
let there be GTR3!!!

Lately i have bought RACE on for a friend. He likes to race so i thought: lets introduce SIMBIN. He drove about 20 laps on easy but he just couldnt put himself into it. SO i asked why. What's wrong, or what do you miss? He told me that RACE ON is boring. I got a bit angry and i said: you watch every F1 race and you find Race ON boring? Well...it was a discussion i could not win. Right now he bought himself a PS3, GT5, a steering wheel and he loves it! He also plays GRID and F1 2010.
Simbin is a different piece of cake. They care more about the car physics and less about the stunning graphics and gadgets and action like we see in F1 2010 or GRID or NFS HP. There is a special group of people that love SIMBIN's kind of racing. And im afraid it is a pretty small group. From all my friends there are only 1 or 2 that are able to keep the car on the track. The rest just bumps from side to side. When i tell them to use the brake before a corner they all respond with: "With GRID the wall is my brake".
I truly hope SIMBIN survives. They deserve it!

Completely agree, most of my friends that have either bought GTR Evolution or tired it at my house say it's far too difficult. SImbin have designed a game not for the newbie of racing games, just those looking for a realistic racing experience. That's why I love it so much and would choose it over GRID, Test Drive Unlimited or any of those arcade games.

Completely agree, most of my friends that have either bought GTR Evolution or tired it at my house say it's far too difficult. SImbin have designed a game not for the newbie of racing games, just those looking for a realistic racing experience. That's why I love it so much and would choose it over GRID, Test Drive Unlimited or any of those arcade games.

They're a funny bunch aren't they Ross?? I mean if you know how to drive or even sit with your parents as they drive you get the idea how things work. You can jump into Race On and drive at a steady pace easily and yet people who don't drive "Sims" say they're too hard. Of course to be fast then yes you start finding the limits of the cars and then a Sim like Race On or rFactor bite you in the arse. My friend at work likes Project Gotham and things like that, but he does have Race On and can appreciate the finer points even though he finds it difficult to be fast. It's not his cup of tea day to day, but every now and then he'll pop it on and have a go!!

except maybe for the demolition derby. :)

+ 1, this is a little off topic but the Derby was AWESOME.

Back on topic, I used to think that games like Racedriver were pretty realistic, except that the V8 supercars were way too fast (1:54 around bathurst :p), until I too discovered RACE. I actually already had GTR1 but never played it due to no wheel.

I want to turn on and off HUD with one key press. I race without HUD, but sometimes want to see my split time. It's very annoying to press that HUD button gazillion times just to get rid off it.

Yeah, and I want to simple car setup option. I'm not an engineer! Real racers aren't too! I want to tell my virtual engineer that I want more oversteer, understeer or whatever... Or that my car bumps as hell an so on... Or easy setup window with a few sliders Just understeer, oversteer, springs, wings...

Yeah, and I want to simple car setup option. I'm not an engineer! Real racers aren't too! I want to tell my virtual engineer that I want more oversteer, understeer or whatever... Or that my car bumps as hell an so on... Or easy setup window with a few sliders Just understeer, oversteer, springs, wings...

+1

i like to drive race cars, but i am not an engineer and i dont want to even know what my tire temps are.. i just wanna race...

Here is my list. Not all totally condusive to GTR type game, but sure would be nice if they start adding others classes etc.

1: The positions board on the top left must not dissapear as soon as the last driver has crossed the line. I seldom care how far i am behind the leader, but more about the people around me. So if you could see 3 or so drivers and the difference ahead and behind you.

2: It would also be cool to be able to do a 2 Race format, but have different amount of laps for each.

3: Be able to reverse any amount of cars on a grid, not just top 8

4: Voice activated and controlled pit stops and requests.

5: A podium would be cool, offline and online.

Sorry if any of these have already been mentioned. 22 pages is alot to read

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea