I have copy/paste the quote in Googles "don't-lie-translater" and this is the outcome:

Quote:

“Race07 was a good milking cow in SimBins racing history. The game is still active in communities although we have no time to officially support them with bugfixes. The release of these five final expansion packs is a necessary because we assume a delay of a new game, if anything is coming this year and can use Race 07 as an easy money cheat with our old racing engine. Besides concluding the RACE 07 saga, SimBin is currently developing a much anticipated title based on its brand new engine, Lizard (2007 or older), much more about this will be announced later this year. Now its time to say thank you to our RACE07 community, so we hope you will enjoy the new content as we do the money because that is the only thing counting.”

There are two separate development teams working behind the scenes. One is a guarenteed nett income for old DLCs. The other is working very hard on a new and exciting game built on a brand new engine, on a game announced March 31th 2010. Sorry we did not gave any further info since that day.

All those DLC's with the same content over and over again is a bit annoying tbh.

4. I will also be nice I we could export a replay as an .wmv or any other common video format. Sometimes I want to put a video on youtube but I haven't because I don't want to install FRAPS or any software to grab video.

I'm playing Race Pro at the moment and I'm hoping for more Simbin on the 360. I can tell it was just a quick port just to see if there was interest, but I think it's obvious that people were put off by how dated it was, not by the content or gameplay. After all the disappointment of the console racers recently (Shift, GT5, Forza, Grid), I'm sure the Simbin style would be well received if it looked decent and cleaner than RP. Even the controller works really well, it's precise and responsive.

Would the long-time Simbin fans be worried if the game was announced for PS3 and Xbox 360? Many other genres seem to "suffer" from cross-platform jumps, or at least the fans are quick to cry.

First comment about "dumbing down" gets the firing squad. :)

give me the firing squad then:wink:

I would be against it for that reason
a lot of games suffered the dumbing down effect
and this game just can't risk that
or it will loose a lot of its fanbase

but these are just my thougts...

Give me a gun and I'll shoot myself :wink:

The PS3 and 360 are TOYS, there will never be a true Sim on either of these, it is a completely different market\fan base IMO. I don't mind if they release on console but it must be developed PRIMARILY for PC and then dumbed down for people that want to play on their TOYS with all the Sim elements removed\disabled.

Too many games these days are developed\ported the other way and are garbage when they reach the PC with no mouse or true wheel support, having to press symbols instead of using keys on the keyboard, crap physics and realism, limited saving in some cases, very limted in-game chat due to using a crappy gamepad instead of a keyboard etc

Regards

I truly hope Simbin will make GTR3 PC dedicated so it uses the nowadays PC capabilities and pure simulator realism. After they have released the PC version they can dumb down the game to a arcade console version were even grandma can sit on the couch and drive a lap with a hand-held controller.

I think RacePro proved that simbin can make a sim for a console, maybe 3 years to early for the market. The game worked well with a controller and a wheel, and you had the driving aides for the beginers. Could GTR3 be the first true full sim to go on a console, somebody has to be first.

Reasons for my thinking,Wrc2010 (looked like a sim) F1 2010(console users want more of a sim) GT5 (same comments) shift2 (looks like a sim) Dirt 3 (getting close). All in all thes games the devs talk about dumbing down the end product for mass market. But it looks like the mass market now wants more of a sim:doublethumb:

So to all devs who see this, leave us with that option of self humiliation

I have also followed the forums of games you are talking about and yes, you are right. There are a lot of people claiming more simulation in the race games. But i cant agree that the majority of the market wants more difficulty when it comes to racing. I dont want to start the endless discussion about what a sim is but im almost certain that a sim has to be driven with a steering wheel. People will disagree with me cause they race their whole life with a controller and they are damn good at it. Anyways...
The point im making is that im afraid of the console market. That's the place where the money is for developers and in the last two years i have bought too many console to PC ports and those games sucked bigtime (personal opinion). So that's why im a bit harsh towards the idea of Simbin and console combination. Otherwise ofcourse i hope simbin will satisfy you and many others ;)

Mmm...the title says: what to see but lets talk about our ears. What do we want to hear? (dont want to hyjack this topic!!)
I hope Simbin have the sound high on their priority list so it wont be an underdog...

Apart from some of the great ideas posted here these if not already posted are almost essential in my opinion :

Multi race championship series races as opposed to just 1 or 2

Facility for server to save tracks to potential players so that people can always join a track and not be restricted because of a certain version of a track this is already present in many fps and othrer games why not gtr3?

Better cutting detection at some tracks currently you get away with some cutting and then get penalised for going wide or if somebody pushes your car off... this should be re-designed and a smarter system introduced

Same as the track request but for skins

Same again for mods (i dont think this would be possible though

In voting when people vote no this should then increase the number of yes votes required by an increment of 1 per no vote. Democracy !! hehe

Nay. SimBin made a mistake on Race Pro for the 360 and they shouldn't do it again for the console market. This explains that I start to diss console players. They are simply a bunch of kids yelling on their microphone. I own the 360 and the PS3 too, but they have limitations to the racing games' AI. Take Forza and Gran Turismo for example, they don't have difficulty settings you can find on the PC Racing Simulation games. The more the memory, the better the AI and this is why I like racing games on the PC more than on the console.

Whether it was a mistake or not Simbin proved it could be done. Lets face it. There alot more money in the consoles, and money rules, even you and me.

like it or not we need the console. Ive recently got a gtx460 and the only games i can play in dirX11 are console port overs,...What was the latest race game out only on pc that i can play in dirX11 ( i know its about the handling not how cool the cars look )

How powerful will the new xbox be, maybe the same as the average pc gamers rig.... We might not like it but these thing happen...Maybe this way SimBin will be around for a lot longer.
Whether or not it goes to console is a small issue,(let the devs dumd it down for consoles)whats important is, full sim, and it must be set up ok for league racing..

And finaly not wanting to be to cynical,:confused: what are we actually expecting from the lizard engine. we know nothing and SimBin are saying nothing..It must be a very big secret there keeping

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.