GTR 2

• SPEEDYG

getting on line with gtr-2

Hi
I purchased GTR-2 about 4 years ago and then i purchased "race07" and got GTR-2 again as a "bonus" disc. actually I like GTR-2 better than race07
My problem is that when I try to go online with GTR-2 it is asking me for the "ser.#"
I always have gotten into the habit of writing down the ser. #'s on the disc. with a sharpie
As I've been known to lose the cases \boxs that they come in
and there was no exception with race07or either of the gtr2 cases
I have downloaded and installed the update to vers. 1.1
When I put in my ser# and other info to log on it says "ser.# not valid" do i leave a space in between each set of 7 letter\numbers?... do i use a dash between each set? or is it all 1 unbroken set of 28 numbers\letters?
what am i doing wrong???? I have gottin on line with it about a year ago with out any problems that I can remember
could I have the numbers from the 2 discs mixed up AND I also have a "online code" written on one of the discs is that the number it is refering to as a ser#
I have the "dedicated" server also ....and that is the only place I've ever been asked for the "on line" code but i cant figure out how to getm into the race after pushing "start" does some one else have to loin first?
PLEASE HELP I REALLY WANT TO RACE ON LINE:skywalker:

no you dont leave spaces between the code. they need to be copied exactly to get them to work

abcde-12345-jdYhS- etc etc...

Serial code should be written on the backside of the manual of GTR2.

If you have that running you need to create an online account if you use it for the first time (username + password).

Also when going online the first time check if you firewall is not blocking the connection, that happened with me in the beginning. Good luck :good:

Snetterton Feature Race is available to download, just the HiRes version for now, I'll get a LoRes version up tonight but the HiRes is actually a nice sub-300Mb which for 38 minutes of video ain't bad. Enjoy.

As I have said many times before we are not looking for new entrants, I've posted this video just to share our exploits with GTR2. It ain't dead yet.

Edit- LoRes version up now

Sorry Bram, it's the only way we distribute them. It's enough of a pain to upload them to ftp and they're too big for youtube.

Why would ftp be a problem though? If you don't mind me asking? And if you know of a site that would allow me to stick up a 266Mb 38 minute long video i'll see what I can do if you really want to see them. It is notable that you'll see S.Trendell with a rather imbalanced set of tyres having a frustrating time. :) He's going to hate me now, lol.

Hmm, thats new then. Maybe because we have a blipchannel already for years that they allow us? Blip aims for shows instead of what youtube offers, so maybe they check for quality instead of quantity. Worth a try i guess. Simracing is not a videogame but a simulation :)

I figured it was probably just blip covering themselves in case of copyright issues.

I've got the lower re version on blip now, is it possible for me to embed it here? Did a couple of tests and the url resolves as a link and the embed code from blip also resolves as a link. AM I right in thinking the embed code from blip is for .html docs directly?

Here is the url anyway - http://blip.tv/file/2001278, be nice if it was embedded but I don't suppose it matters that much. I may put them all up on blip from now on, might mean a few of the other non-racing Hussars get to see it as they only download pron and game patches, lol. And if they take them of it's no real loss, those that want to see them always will I suppose.

• Alan Mains

just finished the lambo.

lambo is very similar to the aston inside and out . external is f1 type sound.

upload shortly.

• Kyle Evers

lambo is very similar to the aston inside and out . external is f1 type sound.

Very true. The R-GT reaches high RPMs, so it has a very high-pitched and very loud sound. It sounds amazing in my opinion.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 178 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 115 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 123 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 50 18.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 72 27.0%
Back