GTR 2

The End of Club GTR 2

We have now reached the real end of GTR 2 at RD. Sebastien gave maximum efforts in reviving it: made a poll, discussed and convinced the rest of the staff that it needed a 2nd chance.
We have rebuild the forum, sorted threads, reinstalled the game on the server!
Sebastien has organised a lot of events that got cancelled lately because all the jay voters seem to be nay members when it comes to signing up for an event!

It left us no other choice then to reconsider the options and hereby the racing club for GTR 2 ends!

The forum for GTR2 stays open of course

Big thank you to Sebastien Bortoli to give it a try!! :thumb:

Not a shock, thanks for at least giving it a try. I really can't understand why GTR2 is so unpopular here, eg I run in 2 other leagues. One of which has had consistant races of over 20 drivers each race and the other is currently in a boom period with record turnouts......oh well.

thanks guys,i've try to offer the comunity more than only gtr-/race07,but it seems that gtr2 is really dead here,btw it was not so hard ,it was a pleasure to find cars/tracks to have some fun,unfortunately every events were cancelled,that's the life,so bye bye gtr2:)

why dont people think before they vote, 61 yes votes but only 2 or 3 people signup that sucks.
i now i voted no but it would have been nice to do the odd race.

just 1 request if the Bus mod gets released you must run that on the server for a race or 3 :laugh2:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the GTR2 club used to be combined with the GTL club? Since people who own one generally own the other it might be an idea to have the odd GTR2 event organised through that particular little forum pigeon hole? Just a thought.

• JustMax

vehicledata file?

Hey all

Im new on RD and in the world of simracing, I will start out by asking a question and Im not sure if I posted this the right place, but I heard that in gtr2 there should be a file called hdv with some vehicle data, I cant find that file in gtr evo, so how do I find the optimal brake temp for a vehicle

thanx in advance
JustMax

The problem lies with the tracks I think but I also see that the max players that the server manager program will allow is 32. Most tracks have enough garages to accommodate this number but pit boxes are another thing. Snetterton has only nine so theoretically 4 cars could be sharing one pit box. The majority of bundled tracks have between 15 an 20 which is less of a problem.

In the series I ran last year we had some issues at Montreal because of pit box sharing. It's OK if you ask to pit but even then someone getting a stop/go and coming in unannounced ruined a couple of people's races.

To be perfectly honest with you I've been running for the last couple of years with up to 20 drivers on GTR2 and that is more than enough.

the files you are looking for are the vehicle hdc files and with race07 all these files are protected both by steam and a second encryption so you will not normally be able to see them but if it helps then the can roughly use this
BrakeOptimumTemp=450.0 (most cars)
BrakeOptimumTemp=550.0 (F3000, FBMW, Caterham & Radical)

HCC4 Round 1: Valencia feature race

Here's the video from the feature race of round 1 of the Hussars Cup Challenge 4 : The Mugworth Memorial Trophy. They're well too long and big to go on YouTube so I'm afraid it's a 360Mb D/L. Valencia Feature race

I'd like to point out that we are not looking for additional drivers, we are pretty much at capacity. I just posted to share some of our exploits with GTR2 and there are some RD members in there that you may know. I hope you enjoy the video but bear in mind we are a very wide ranging skill set in our little championship and some drivers are less than comfortable in a race sim. We use classes to demarcate skill with GT1 being competent down to GT3 who are happy to keep it on the track, when they can. Some of the humour may pass over your head as there are several private jokes permeating the subtitles. Some of the stupid driving you may see was/is penalised by points transfers so no-one actually gets away with being too much of an idiot.

• JustMax

thanx Neil
I will try that for now Im not an expert so I dont think I need a very precise setup just yet :)

GTR2 server live feed?

Hello guys, I'm (desperately) looking for some info on GTR2 servers' live feeding, so I can make a simple monitoring tool without needing to setup iis/apachee servers, sql databases and/or complete environments like SLS for example.

I'm quoting from the relative post I made at NoGrip.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any kind of documentation on the structure of the info GTR2 servers (dedicated or not) feed on a TCP/UDP port or anywhere else, so one can take some advantage of it? For example to make a prog or a php/java script to display on a forum or on a website the server status and relative info (currently loaded track, allowded cars, number of currently connected racers, etc)?

I know there are a couple of tools around (GTR2 Manager, ASPI.net Monitoring Tool, the SLS system, etc) providing this info, but most of them require a lot of other stuff to get installed (for example iis or apache servers, sql databases, etc).

If I can find the structure of the info transmitted from a GTR2 server and how to fetch it, I could probably make a very simple, standalone, tool for just showing the required info without needing to install any extra stuff.

GTR2 comes with no manual, Google has no relative info on this one, so I'm left in the dark here. Even a command line switch of gtr2dedicated.exe resulting in live feeding saved in a log file would do the job, but I can't find any relative info anywhere.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back