GTL Troubleshooting Thread

what about resetting your avg firewall rules and have you aslo checked to see if windows firewall is also active

) Check whether any application on your computer might be in conflict with AVG Firewall (such as another firewall, network filtering/monitoring utility, or anti-virus), try to remove the conflicting program.

B) Try resetting the Firewall configuration; this will overwrite the current configuration:
To reset the Firewall configuration:
1. Open the AVG Program.
2. Click the Firewall component.
3. In the Firewall Component window, click Regenerate configuration.
4. Follow the displayed steps to reset your firewall configuration.
5. Restart the computer.

C) Disable area detection:
1. Open the AVG Program.
2. On the Tools menu, click Firewall settings.
3. In the left tree menu, click Areas and Adapters profiles.
4. Select the “Disable area detection and automatic profile switch” check box.
5. Click OK.

D) Change the Firewall profile to Allow all:
1. In the Firewall Component window, on the Select Firewall profile drop-down menu, click Allow all.
2. Click Save changes.

E) Disable the Firewall component:
1. In the Firewall Component window, click Firewall disabled.
2. Click Save changes.

Now the next time you try to go online with steam you will have a notifacation box that will need ticking from avg also make sure you tick the box to allways allow the connection the same should happen when you fire up gtlegends to go online.. do you remember doing this the first time

no rupe i never had that at all in the firewall to allow gt legends, because when i first tried to connect to multiplayer it never gave me the serial option because the firewall was stopping it,but even saying that when i disabled the firewall and got the serial no option . it did not give me that option

no rupe i never had that at all in the firewall to allow gt legends, because when i first tried to connect to multiplayer it never gave me the serial option because the firewall was stopping it,but even saying that when i disabled the firewall and got the serial no option . it did not give me that option
Previous post probably lost on the previous page, so I'll ask here again :D
Are you running the game as an administrator?

Just a question regarding Field of View in cockpit view. is it possible to lower seat position more than the default's lowest point? There are cars in which i feel i sit a bit too high up even though i have seat position at it's lowest eg; Minis, Abarth 1000, Porsche 911 etc,etc.

make sure the windows firewall is off... sometimes it has a habit of switching it self on after updates..
you only need one firewall on, so if its avg that you are using..
did you try to use your online code to "activate a product on steam"

Hi Rupe, a bit of advice for me now.
In an attempt to try to understand Noel's dramas, I just bought the Steam version of GTL (it was only a few bucks). I will try to install that version later, but want to check a couple of things first:
1. I assume I can just install the Steam version in addition to my already installed (and working perfectly) Digital version from RaceRoom? I can run either version at any time without interferences???
2. After the Steam purchase, I received a confirmation email and went looking for an On-line Code to use. I can't see one anywhere, but I did get something called a "Confirmation Number". Is this the On-Line code that everyone is supposed to use? It is very different to the usual GTL code, just a long series of numbers???
3.Assuming all of this eventually works and I can run the Steam GTL separately and register On-Line with a separate Account, it will remain separate from my already working GTL On-line??

The last thing I want to do is to stuff up my existing working GTL.

Hi Rupe, a bit of advice for me now.
In an attempt to try to understand Noel's dramas, I just bought the Steam version of GTL (it was only a few bucks). I will try to install that version later, but want to check a couple of things first:
1. I assume I can just install the Steam version in addition to my already installed (and working perfectly) Digital version from RaceRoom? I can run either version at any time without interferences???
You didn't have to buy it, you could've just activated it with your DVD or digital version key.

And yes, they coexist nicely.

2. After the Steam purchase, I received a confirmation email and went looking for an On-line Code to use. I can't see one anywhere, but I did get something called a "Confirmation Number". Is this the On-Line code that everyone is supposed to use? It is very different to the usual GTL code, just a long series of numbers???
Dunno about that, but probably. You can always right click on the game in Steam, and click on CD Key.

If it's 28 characters, that's the same GTL online code, just without any dashes in it.

3.Assuming all of this eventually works and I can run the Steam GTL separately and register On-Line with a separate Account, it will remain separate from my already working GTL On-line??

The last thing I want to do is to stuff up my existing working GTL.
I just copied my profile from the old version to the Steam version, and everything was fine in both games. Same accounts.

I dont know Warren im in the same situation. i used my old box code to activate a product on steam but i cancelled the download once it started.. i was just making sure my box code was good.. ive done this for GTL, GTR2 but i did install GTR fully with my box online code. by activating it and allowing it to download.. i did not have to enter any code to set up online just filled in my details.. maybe it was still in the registery form my old version
like we do to register as normal and it all worked ok... this is whats very confusing to me..
I was also wondering if it possible to have both installed at once... If i go to buy the game now it shows ive already purchased it..
I dont know how the registery will handle 2 versions of the same game. is it allowed

You didn't have to buy it, you could've just activated it with your DVD or digital version key.

I know, but I wanted to replicate the full Steam purchase method, including getting the new Steam on-line code.

If it's 28 characters, that's the same GTL online code, just without any dashes in it.

That is my concern, the "confirmation" Code I got is only 19 numbers, nothing like the usual GTL on-line code.

This whole Steam purchase of GTL isn't all that clear and simple as it could be. :rolleyes:

Maybe Noel can confirm if his On-line Code is 19 numbers or the expected 28 character code.

Noel Spence, can you confirm what your code looks like? (don't post the code though)
If it is different to mine, how did you get your code? Was it included in the email from Steam?

I tried to do the Same Warren but i could'nt,, as it was already purchased ...great minds eh:D
I was just about to set up another steam account on another pc and gift it to myself as a present for Christmas:roflmao: ..

Did you view your online code Warren the CD key is it different

thanks Noel:thumbsup:

time for another silly question from me .. Noel i use a tv and its quite hard for me to read the CD key through the steam pop up box and i have to copy to clippboard and paste on notepad to read..it... my resolution is 1920x1080 and the very small print is hard to read ..
can you see it real clear.. i know monitors are allot clearer....

Dunno about that, but probably. You can always right click on the game in Steam, and click on CD Key.

I tried to check my other Steam games this way, have no idea how to get a CD key that way. I right clicked on the game in my steam account (under my Library list), nothing resembling CD key????

Anyway, I'll try installing my new Steam version and see if I get a code as per Noel's post above.
TBH I'm not feeling comfy about all this now, maybe I might see if I can set it all up on my wife's laptop, in case I screw up my current working install.

Wouldn't it be nice if Steam (or Raceroom) provided a nice, easy to follow, set of installation guidelines. :rolleyes:

I tried to check my other Steam games this way, have no idea how to get a CD key that way. I right clicked on the game in my steam account (under my Library list), nothing resembling CD key????

Anyway, I'll try installing my new Steam version and see if I get a code as per Noel's post above.
TBH I'm not feeling comfy about all this now, maybe I might see if I can set it all up on my wife's laptop, in case I screw up my current working install.

Wouldn't it be nice if Steam (or Raceroom) provided a nice, easy to follow, set of installation guidelines. :rolleyes:
Not all games require a special CD key, so not all games have the CD key option listed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.