GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Hi @Colin Paxton. Senad is correct. If you don't have the track that the server is running then GT Legends will show a random default track.
At the moment "1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R" server is running the "Eastern Creek" track for Thursday nights HERE and Sundays track is "Hill Top Club" HERE .
You are more than welcome to join us, just download the tracks and cars and jump online. You may need to register with the web sites that we use if you haven't already done so.:thumbsup:

bud still have to fill in the CD key, first question for removing it out of the registry, where can I found that ??
I already try to use the old CD key bud get Invalid key,if I read it oll correctly I have to remove it first from the registry ?

Hans, here is a link to a thread at No Grip which shows how to delete the key from the Registry. Be very careful with this though, playing with the registry can be dangerous if you make a mistake.
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=967897&postcount=3

One more thing if you are going to use your old DVD On-Line code, you have to enter only the letters and numbers, not the "dashes" between the groups of letters/numbers. I think your Steam code was already in that format. Just use your old code but leave out the dashes.

I'd also suggest removing your old profile folder too, because your old Multiplayer username and password will be included under the [Multiplayer] section, not sure if it will get over-written after you Register the new info in the In-Game multiplayer screens. It probably will, but best to be safe.

Hope this helps, if not, maybe you need a TS discussion with Rupe and or myself to talk you through all this.

EDIT: For the full details of how to install GTL and set everything up for Multiplayer, use this post:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...vd-creating-2nd-install-setting-up-gtl.63883/

Hi guys

One problem.. I installed some cars today, Loaded the Alfa GT at Anderstorp S, off I went and thought the Alfa was a bit slippy at the back before noticing the Porsche badge on the steering wheel. Now I can't use any other car! What do I do?

hi, i don't know if they mod there car files, we have to be careful when using cars from other sites they can be altered, Altbierbude does this for it servers.
but even so this should not be giving you these problems.
if you have lots of mods installed it could be clashing with others causing a conflict,
apart from that its trail and error maybe try a clean install of the mod..

Last edited:
That's right Tony, I installed the original version from the mods and it did the same...Fixed now though, read on the nogrip forum (thanks Tony!) running GTL in XP compatibility mode can cause this error. Put it back to W7 and it's fine.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing