rF2 GTE Practise Sprint Race @ Silverstone - Mon 12th May 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It would be nice, that those who drove Aston's and Ferrari's to write Radiator values. Probably they had to small radiators. As Hill wrote maybe there was maybe problem as you change gear down to early and over rev engine in my opnion.

The Ferrari of Alexi K had big flames too.
In testing a potential quali setup the 911 engine shows over temp and then blows smoke at 106 deg. So I upped Rad to #3.
Maybe there is an issue so its good we did the test race.
Maybe we need another quick test??
So it ended up being the Porsche Cup!
None the less my first ever RD win in RF2. I was P3 on grid and in the race. The Ferraris made a gap of 9 sec over say 5 laps and I inherited the lead when the Ferraris blew up.I think I had 31 sec on the #2 911 plus my car had my own skin.
I feel I have arrived:cool:
But seriously thanks for the race. You can have as lot of fun in 20 mins, I didnt know this:whistling:
Yeah, yeah, just don't feel too good about that 31 second lead, I only had 20 min of practise on rF2 in 3 weeks, and Daiman crashed into me at the start hehe. Good race though!

After analyzing motec data and reviewing the engine files it's very likely that the Vantage and Ferrari are supposed to be shifted at around 7300RPM instead of 8500-9000 (which is the limiter setting you can choose)

We will likely open up the Wednesday race for GTEs as well so everyone can test it

This timescaled wear seems to be only in effect in a race session, so nobody experienced it earlier (good thing we did this race :D)

We will have to do some more tests on Tuesday before we can give a final recommendation regarding RPMs though

Yeah, yeah, just don't feel too good about that 31 second lead, I only had 20 min of practise on rF2 in 3 weeks, and Daiman crashed into me at the start hehe. Good race though!
Well I only downloaded the game at lunch time and have never driven a manual car before:whistling:
But truthfully I wont get complacent.;)
Its just that in EVERY RF2 race I have ever done in RD I turn up feeling well prepped and get my doors blown off by about 4 sec/lap.
I have only done 911 testing and setup here for a break from LMP1 but I feel I have found some good settings. In the practice I made changes to camber and diff lock and got 1 sec out of my previous PB.
The car is starting to feel like a 911.
You made a great start and had good top speed.

Well I only downloaded the game at lunch time and have never driven a manual car before:whistling:
But truthfully I wont get complacent.;)
Its just that in EVERY RF2 race I have ever done in RD I turn up feeling well prepped and get my doors blown off by about 4 sec/lap.
I have only done 911 testing and setup here for a break from LMP1 but I feel I have found some good settings. In the practice I made changes to camber and diff lock and got 1 sec out of my previous PB.
The car is starting to feel like a 911.
You made a great start and had good top speed.
I'm a little worried though that the high top speed is going to cost me in tire wear. If I had time I'd want to change the setup haha

Won't that effect top speed or acceleration?
I'm just curious and unsure
Richard,
I'n only surmising here but these cars (Ferrari 458) are 1 sec faster than the 911s when "over revved", so a self imposed Rev limit may bring about a better balance of performance.
Also maybe an interesting situation of tortoise and hare IE can Bill bring home the 458 in one piece. OK its all guess work but just maybe!
The 458 driver may have to preserve the cars a bit?
I dont know but its an interesting dynamic for race day.
Ferrari on pole but race pace ???
I like it.

I suspect only porsche drivers like it ;)

If you have trouble doing 10 minutes there is little chance to do 2,5h I am not sitting in the Fezza. I recommend everybody to run porsche unless there is some changes announced.

Maybe normal mech failures would be enough though I have totally lost trust in the car lol

If the lowest rev limiter is at 8500 that is really weird if a F458 can´t do such high revs at all?

I suspect only porsche drivers like it ;)

If you have trouble doing 10 minutes there is little chance to do 2,5h I am not sitting in the Fezza. I recommend everybody to run porsche unless there is some changes announced.

Maybe normal mech failures would be enough though I have totally lost trust in the car lol

If the lowest rev limiter is at 8500 that is really weird if a F458 can´t do such high revs at all?
My 911 GT3 will be available as I will be in the LMP1.

I admit the Ferrari's were really quick but the Astons weren't as quick. Will have to wait and see what car I choose as I cant practice till Thursday at the earliest and hopefully buying a new car on Friday so god knows.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.