rF2 GTE Practise Sprint Race @ Silverstone - Mon 12th May 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Dennis

RedShift Racing
HVZ7l9t.jpg

Sprint race as preparation for the upcoming 2.5h of Silverstone. You may join whether you race in the main event or not.

Event Details:
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WEC
Track: Silverstone (Download)
Car: GTE (Download, Template)
MOD: Download via Server

You will have the following cars to choose from:
  • Ferrari F458 (GTE)
  • Porsche 997 GT3-R (GTE)
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (GTE)

Weather: Sunny
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 2x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction control:
Allowed
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race - Monday, 12th May 2014
Practice:
18:00 GMT
Qually: 19:30 GMT 10 minute
Warm up: 3 minutes
Race: 20 mins [standing start]

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here
GMT Clock: Click here

GTE:
  1. Dennis Coufal
  2. David O'Reilly
  3. Richard Hill
  4. Damir Dubarič
  5. Pär Öqvist
  6. Kristian Puhov
  7. Yuri Kasdorp
  8. Daiman Patel
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Just a quick question, are we really having 1 and a half hours of practice?
You can also join shorty before qualification - the session starts so early since the idea behind this event is having some practise with other drivers and rounding it all up with a short sprint race in the end :)

Yeah I think we are pretty flexible - as long as no one is "pending an open session" it shouldn't be a problem
(Edit: I also don't mind if there are LMPs)

You can also join shorty before qualification - the session starts so early since the idea behind this event is having some practise with other drivers and rounding it all up with a short sprint race in the end :)

It's not a problem, it just seemed strange to have that much practice for a 10 lap race, but all is good, in Admin we trust.

I really need the practice but unfortunately this is the middle of the work day for me. If anyone cares to share a bit about a setup for the Ferrari that would help a great deal. I think I keep trying to drive in the rain with no rubber on the track and I am having a bit of a hard time finding any speed:( Not having raced in the rain, which the server seems to be on much of the time, I'm still trying to figure it out! Thanks in advance

sign me up please, I've got the new mod downloading now though (v1.0) so it could be close to quali :/
EDIT: tought it was half an hour practise, not one and a half

I cant get on I have looked at the mod manager and for the wec thing it says that its uninstallable cause of unknown base cmp the Ferrari GTEv3 and the same for the Aston and Porsche

Seem to be a bug with the Ferrari? All the Ferraris broke down in the race. I got the furthest didn´t really push and had clean air all the time... This is the first time ever I had a car break down in rFactor 2 while not deliberately working to get there.

Full Fuel stints and refueling in hotter condition in practise before has never been a problem.

I think the problem is the same for the astons as the three of us broke down before the Ferrari's. For once I didn't have a temp reading up so I have no idea plus never had a car brake either so I would have thought there would have been smoke to say it's over heating instead I just had flames

The Ferrari of Alexi K had big flames too.
In testing a potential quali setup the 911 engine shows over temp and then blows smoke at 106 deg. So I upped Rad to #3.
Maybe there is an issue so its good we did the test race.
Maybe we need another quick test??
So it ended up being the Porsche Cup!
None the less my first ever RD win in RF2. I was P3 on grid and in the race. The Ferraris made a gap of 9 sec over say 5 laps and I inherited the lead when the Ferraris blew up.I think I had 31 sec on the #2 911 plus my car had my own skin.
I feel I have arrived:cool:
But seriously thanks for the race. You can have as lot of fun in 20 mins, I didnt know this:whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back