GTC-65 Lotus vs Ferrari @ Laguna Seca - Thu 31st October, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-65 Lotus elite S2 ( Download ) vs Ferrari 250 SWB ( Download )
Track: Laguna Seca ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Lotus S2 / Race2 = Ferrari 250SWB Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
R1 ----- R2
  1. Rupe Wilson - Lotus / Ferrari
  2. Antonio Tavares- Ferrari / Lotus
  3. Steve Walker -Lotus / Ferrari
  4. Allan Ramsbottom - Ferrari / Lotus
  5. Hyji Sinderin - Lotus / Ferrari
  6. Kjell Eilertsen - Ferrari / Lotus
  7. Dave Flower - Lotus / Ferrari
  8. Hans Sneep - Ferrari / Lotus
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
Please stick to the car that is next to your name for the 1st race and for race 2 you drive the car in RED

We should end up with a nice mixed grid of cars..
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are too late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
If you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps some last minute sign ups are still to come. It would be nice, but if not we'll make the best out of what we have.

Just out of curiosity, anyone has any idea of the lap time difference between the 2 cars? I only did a few laps 2 days ago to save the base setup/fuel, but I'm under the impression that the Lotus is no match for the Ferrari. Would it have been me not driving the Lotus fast enough (I wouldn't be surprised, as usually I take my time to get familiar with a car...)?

Big thanks to the last minute guys who turned out to bulk up the grid, :notworthy::notworthy:
To cars with a different feel and driving style needed to get the best out of them,
The lotus , light and nimble turns on a sixpence, but with it poor performance if you drop under 5000 rpm its a hard car to drive but get it correct and it flies and will give the big boys a run for their money any day.
The Ferrari, big huge noisy engine, but that comes at a price of wieght, Hard to turn into corners unless you're braking early and running into the corner and then you get the chance to get on the gas, and boy does it go. it felt like i was in reverse on the home straight to see them come by. But once in the corners i was all over it again and passing.

R1
had to settle for 2nd on the grid as Allan had beat my little Lotus with the power of the Ferrari, but not by much 3 tenths.. (good lap Allan):thumbsup:
At the start i was off and in the lead for about 1/4 of a second until Allan got on the gas but i was close up his chuff (as he would put it) all the way round i even had the cheek to go round the outside of him in the last corner, but that was it Ferrari power some him come by, Even Antonio got by to put me in 3rd going into the first corner. i stayed with them for that lap pushing all the way but with Antonio hitting his apexes and no way to use the cornering speed of the lotus i found myself dropping back on the straights. but soon got back in touch when there was a gap to use its Corner speed. I was really pushing hard and spun in the first bend:cry::cry::cry::cry:
ended up getting back on track in 5th place... i don't make it easy for myself.
So for the next 8 laps i was in hot pursuit passing a ferrari and then chasing down David in his little baby (he drove it in the league) after a lap he ran wide letting me loose to chase Allan and Antonio down... 6 seconds was the gap and i was closing fast. always helps when the two cars ahead are fighting for position, with a few laps to go i was on there bumpers...:D
catching is one thing passing is another, but Antonio spun going into the first corner and it was just me and Alln left to fight it out. With 2 laps to go i was pushing to hard and had a moment and Allan got a break. had to settle for second place.....

R2
Well it was my turn in the Ferrari and i was producing the same lap times as the lotus.:redface:
this time i was on pole by a over a second...
As the race started i
got a good start and just held the lead on the 1st lap until my tyres warmed up, no need to panic. Allan was trying to get through and almost did a couple of times, i knew i had the power on the straights so need need for blocking let the lotus do its thing them was it disappear on the straight in the rear view . (sorry Allan, now you know how i felt in R1):roflmao::roflmao::cry::cry::roflmao::roflmao:
When my tyres was good to go i let rip and
slowly lap by lap pulled a nice gap.
To be honest R1 was a much better race for me, much more fun racing than just
hot lapping,
I could of slowed down, But i didn't as i was still unsure if my gearbox was going to hold up.
And the last thing i wanted was to lock up going into a bend with a speeding louts right on my rear. (that my excuse and im sticking to it)
So i crossed the with a nice gap behind..
Looking at the replay later i think i know who had more fun that race with the mid pack battles.

Wd all that drove and thanks for showing up even if you were last minute and not well prepared,, you signings don't go unnoticed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well thats the end of the month, we can say bye bye to Laguna Seca,
lets see what Steven has in stall for us in the month of November,
I
know hes been hard at it testing tracks for you guys,
having to do a double stint as the track he had
planned turned out to be a no no..
Sorry Steven i did not see it sooner, and thanks to Hiroshi for the heads up..:thumbsup:.

So its over to Steven for the Thursday night events, time for me to play
wingman..:D
But his 1st event will be Sunday 10th as we have the Endurance on the 7th

Be gentle with him guys...:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back