AC GT4 @ Zandvoort - Thursday 17th of August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
GT4+Certina+Render.jpg

Get the feel for upcoming European GT4 championship event by running a club race

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT4
Cars: DLC is required for this event
Track: Zandvoort

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 GMT (20 minutes) Reversed grid for top 12.

Entry List
  1. HO7DOG
  2. Brewer
  3. ARG1980
  4. Lum
  5. Specter1994
  6. Dazbolt888
  7. Bobby Pennington
  8. Reik Major
  9. Andres Sanchez
  10. Mauricio Gutierrez
  11. s2173
  12. Tberg
  13. Magnus Stjerneby
  14. Ken Verhagen
  15. metaDp
  16. ionONE1
  17. Darky86
  18. JoaquimSenna
Reserves
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to sign myself in this time as I will be traveling. Huge bummer that I can't participate, but non the less it is going to be a ton of fun as always for you guys. Don't hesitate to sign up first, grab those slots before they are out, Zandvoort has only 18! :thumbsup:

So, after some testing I'm going with the little crocodile :D. The Porsche is user friendlier (worlds friendlier) than his Italian competitor and I found myself confident with it from lap 1. The Maserati is beauty and beast all in one. One can feel the potential under her pretty appearance, but she's a beast under it nonetheless. How the hell are they competing without ABS and TC? I mean, that would be fine if the Porsche didn't have that, but... yeah, too scary for me, at least at Zandvoort :(

Reik Major

Premium
So, after some testing I'm going with the little crocodile :D. The Porsche is user friendlier (worlds friendlier) than his Italian competitor and I found myself confident with it from lap 1. The Maserati is beauty and beast all in one. One can feel the potential under her pretty appearance, but she's a beast under it nonetheless. How the hell are they competing without ABS and TC? I mean, that would be fine if the Porsche didn't have that, but... yeah, too scary for me, at least at Zandvoort :(

I think the cars are well balanced as they are now (Porsche with ABS/TC and Maserati without it). I think it's good to have a more "user friendly" car and a more challenging one to make the event interesting for many racers BUT finally each car is a challenge to be driven as fast as possible. Otherwise it would mean, winning in the Porsche in this comparison would be easier than in a Maserati, which isn't the fact.

Reik Major

Premium
BTW it will decide around tuesday if I'm able to sign up. However I enjoyed a test run with this combo today wich resulted in this setup. Be careful with the throttle here and there and with over breaking into T1 and the chicane but it's very fun to drive and feels agil.

Attachments

• R-V1.14-MaseratiGT4-b.ini
    973 bytes · Views: 263
Reactions: Lum
Oh yes, the Maserati is fun to drive, but it is a bigger challenge to keep it clean while breaking and accelerating. I tested both cars 10 laps each and while with the Porsche I went off just 2 times, it was the other way around with the Maserati: 2 clean laps, 8 with mistakes (5 of those sandy mistakes :roflmao:). Sadly I lack the experience to bring her safe home in a race, thus the Cayman for me. Thank you for the setup, btw. I'll try it later on and see what's what with the little Italian diva :cool:

HI

If I enter this race it will be my first RD race and just want to check on the times as it may present a problem for me. The UK is currently BST so am I correct in saying the race will start at 20.50 UK time (19.50 GMT)? Sorry for the daft question but I've been burnt by this kind of thing before.

Thanks

HI

If I enter this race it will be my first RD race and just want to check on the times as it may present a problem for me. The UK is currently BST so am I correct in saying the race will start at 20.50 UK time (19.50 GMT)? Sorry for the daft question but I've been burnt by this kind of thing before.

Thanks

Yes you are correct, UK is GMT+1 in Summer and 0 in winter.
Hope this tome works for you, so you can join. :thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.6%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%