GT5 GT3 Race Saturday.

Updating the latest news for the GT3 Bathurst 25 Lap event.

Here are the regulations for racing in this event.

Date - Saturday 15th February
Time - 20.30 (8.30pm) GMT Qualifying (20 minutes), 21:00 (9pm) GMT Race (25 Laps)

Track: Bathurst (what else)
Conditions: 25 Laps, Time Scale - 10, Weather Change - 5, Ingame start time - 05:30, Grip reduction - Real

Cars: Nissan GT-R GT3 (includes base models), Audi R8 LMS Ultra (any), BMW Z4 GT3, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3. No Anniversary cars are permitted!

There will be 1 minimum pitstop. Tyre wear is set to fast. Racing Hards only to be used.

Standard settings on cars only (they aren't that hard to drive after all).

As usual all driver aids are off with the exception of ABS.

Driving ethics: Well drive cleanly with 2 wheels on the track at all times. I'm tossing up if I'll include weak penalties for this race. There can be a lot of corner cutting on this track.

So yeah.

Oh yeah almost forgot. It'll be a private room. So you'll have to add me on the PSN - devilracer1987

Register interest below :D

Drivers:

1: Richard
2: Sakis
3: Jonathan (maybe)
4: Rui
5: Connor
6: Stewy (Just putting this here just incase he wants in on the fun)
7: Dan
8:
9:
10:

Last edited:
Connor, you can always go to track changes (Single Race and Free Run modes) and set Grip Reduction (if I remember right) to: Real. This way you fully simulate online conditions. ;)

In general, I think it's good to have some sort of penalty, this way we will all be extra cautious and think twice before dive bombing during braking. I also believe it would be good for anyone to set up his car according to his tires and general behaviour of the car but if the rules say no then it's a no. :cry::p

I'm doing some testing regarding this race shortly. The race start at 5.30am in game is just before sunrise/sunrise just starting so it's in the dark for about 2 laps or so.

Updated first post in regards to tyre restrictions.

As for tyre and fuel usage in free run I'm certain it's not available there. I'll check after lunch.

Ok just did some testing with the server.

I got these results with my SLS AMG GT3 with standard suspension and RH tyres.

Tyre wear: 7FL, 6FR, 8RL, 8RR, 1/4 Tank remaining, 9 Laps completed (1/4 tank per 3 laps)

So going by that result it will be a stop on the last lap or a slow lap somewhere in the race to conserve enough fuel to make the finish.

Also with the time it's not dark when the race starts. GT need to fix this. At 6.15am when the real 12 hour starts it's pretty dark. At 5.30am in game its light as.

This is going to be fun :D

I'm just happy to get round the track without touching a wall - I'm not up to the same 'race' standards as the rest of you. The only time I don't come last in a race here is when someone else spins out and takes a while to recover :D

I'm happy with my 2:15 lap, that's about where I am before I run out of talent :laugh:

Well, after trying online I found out that my pace is around 2:10 - 2:12. Also discovered some interesting things as for the race strategy but they will remain secret! :p:p The Z4 has a lot better turn-in capabilities but suffers more from oversteer than the SLS which is the exact opposite. It still slides but in a more progressive way. Don't know about the GT-R but I'm sure it will be quite stable all-around. As for the R8 , I think it suffers from a serious glitch (as some other cars in the game) and it is absolutely un-drivable, more in the proper section of the forum later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back