1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT3 Race Saturday.

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Richard Coleman, Feb 9, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Updating the latest news for the GT3 Bathurst 25 Lap event.

Here are the regulations for racing in this event.

Date - Saturday 15th February
    Time - 20.30 (8.30pm) GMT Qualifying (20 minutes), 21:00 (9pm) GMT Race (25 Laps)

Track: Bathurst (what else)
    Conditions: 25 Laps, Time Scale - 10, Weather Change - 5, Ingame start time - 05:30, Grip reduction - Real

Cars: Nissan GT-R GT3 (includes base models), Audi R8 LMS Ultra (any), BMW Z4 GT3, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3. No Anniversary cars are permitted!

There will be 1 minimum pitstop. Tyre wear is set to fast. Racing Hards only to be used.

Standard settings on cars only (they aren't that hard to drive after all).

As usual all driver aids are off with the exception of ABS.

Driving ethics: Well drive cleanly with 2 wheels on the track at all times. I'm tossing up if I'll include weak penalties for this race. There can be a lot of corner cutting on this track.

So yeah.

Oh yeah almost forgot. It'll be a private room. So you'll have to add me on the PSN - devilracer1987

Register interest below :D

1: Richard
    2: Sakis
    3: Jonathan (maybe)
    4: Rui
    5: Connor
    6: Stewy (Just putting this here just incase he wants in on the fun)
    7: Dan
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

ahah i had a similar idea but with the 458 and sls road cars :roflmao:
    i would be interested, however i need to know the time of the start to be able to determine if i will be able to race or not.
    very nice idea :thumbsup:
  3. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

I have on doubt, the Audi R8 from team Phoenix is considered a gt3 car?
  4. Updated first post :D
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I doubt I have any of those as the money trick never worked on the digital download version and I just can't be bothered grinding the races in game to make credits.

I only have about 10 cars besides the anniversary cars. I'll have a look, but probably out of luck.
  6. If you have got your International B license then do the Red Bull Junior challenge to get easy credits mate. At 200% it's simple money. Easy car to drive and easy series to win. Around 1.7 million with the 200% login bonus. The higher the Red Bull Challenge the higher the reward.
  7. I just can't miss this one. It will be so exciting! Count me in Richard! :D:D
  8. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Everyone keeps telling me how easy the Red Bull junior challenge is, yet I can't win it. So, I guess that grinding idea is also out.

Once they stop gouging us to try to force us to buy online credits, they may get round to adding something like the repeatable GT5 Mini Race seasonals which I actually -can- win ;)
  9. Good. Sakis I'm ready to take you on again. Looking forward to the scrap :D

Connor the cars aren't that expensive to be honest. The SLS is the most expensive from memory at about $450,000. The GT-R and I think the Z4 are both $350,000
  10. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I have a named Nissan GTR GT3 - reward car for playing the demo I think - is that one allowed?
  11. i think i should be able to make this. looking forward to it :)
  12. Connor as long as its not an anniversary edition car then yes you may use it :)

Rui are you going to join in the fun and possible carnage? :p
  13. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i think i hould be able, but i'm not sure, i migth arrive a bit after qualy has started, but i think i will join :thumbsup:
    btw i will use the nissan, i felt more confortable with it than with the r8

EDIT: scracrh that, i will use the z4, i tried it out and i felt more confortable than with any on the other two cars, the only one i fet better was the sls aniversary edition that i used to compra with the gt3 sls witouth buying it :roflmao:
  14. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Okay - please put me down as a back marker then and I'll try to stay out of everyone's way and just get my sponsors some exposure.
  15. Remember to add me on the psn Jonathan. devilracer1987

Good to have you on board Rui :D

Connor I will allow the racing line for you mate. As for the backmarker, no worries. Youll be guaranteed some post race exposure :)
  16. yeah sure. not been able to get online since friday so will do it tonight or tomorrow. Also, are we allowed to tinker with the setups?
  17. SIgn me up please :)
  18. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Thank you - at least I'll hit the walls less that way :D

EDIT: Had some practice laps (Racing Line+ ABS1 only) on RH tyres and managed 2:15 with an average around 2:16. I used RH to simulate the lack of grip in online races, hopefully that means I'll be able to do something similar on RS tyres on Saturday.
  19. might have to put me down as a maybe. working on saturday now, and might not be home in time. hope i can make it though.
  20. Read the first post about car settings. It says standard settings to be used :)