GT5 GT3 Race Saturday.

Updating the latest news for the GT3 Bathurst 25 Lap event.

Here are the regulations for racing in this event.

Date - Saturday 15th February
Time - 20.30 (8.30pm) GMT Qualifying (20 minutes), 21:00 (9pm) GMT Race (25 Laps)

Track: Bathurst (what else)
Conditions: 25 Laps, Time Scale - 10, Weather Change - 5, Ingame start time - 05:30, Grip reduction - Real

Cars: Nissan GT-R GT3 (includes base models), Audi R8 LMS Ultra (any), BMW Z4 GT3, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3. No Anniversary cars are permitted!

There will be 1 minimum pitstop. Tyre wear is set to fast. Racing Hards only to be used.

Standard settings on cars only (they aren't that hard to drive after all).

As usual all driver aids are off with the exception of ABS.

Driving ethics: Well drive cleanly with 2 wheels on the track at all times. I'm tossing up if I'll include weak penalties for this race. There can be a lot of corner cutting on this track.

So yeah.

Oh yeah almost forgot. It'll be a private room. So you'll have to add me on the PSN - devilracer1987

Register interest below :D

Drivers:

1: Richard
2: Sakis
3: Jonathan (maybe)
4: Rui
5: Connor
6: Stewy (Just putting this here just incase he wants in on the fun)
7: Dan
8:
9:
10:

Last edited:
first of all sorry for showing up late, i was stuck in traffic when returning home and i was delayed for, roughly, an hour :mad:

i had a good qualy, i was able to improve my personal best just a little bit and was able to get some practice laps in. At the start of the race i was able to keep up with the rest of the pack until i made a mistake and lost a lot of time, form then on i was alone at the back nad i was just trying to improve my times, which i was able to do by 3 seconds, from a 2:13 high, to a 2:10. I was able to do the race with one pitstop, at the end of lap 13, but after the pitstop i strugled a little bit braking for the last chicane, after the back stragith so i worn out the tires a bit more than i the first half of the race. i just cruised until the end but i had a lot of fun with these cars, i hope we use them in another club race in a near future :thumbsup:;)

congratulations to you guys for your incredible pace :thumbsup:
and thank you for the race :)

Thanks for setting this up, Richard.

I quit before qualifying as Practice made it evident that I was getting no grip and losing the back end of the car under power all the time. I had tried it offline with RH and with the 'real grip' settings you all advised, but it was completely different online again.

I couldn't manage a clean lap so I just quit and went to play something else so as to avoid frustration in the race. I just cannot fathom the difference in grip between online and offline when the settings are supposedly the same after I altered them.

Maybe I am just not suited to online GT6 racing, as the only way I seem to cope with it is if skid recovery, TC and Stability are turned on - which I don't need at all offline! :O_o:

It was an exciting race! After taking the pole (which was no different from second as cars start side by side) we had a clean first corner. After the long straight Richard made his move, braking late, which sent him off the line so I regained first place as well as Jonathan who kept a good pace following me closely. After a spin a few laps later, Richard grabbed second place and started the pressure. I had simulated the race once by myself and found out that instead of doing two pit stops or one and slow lap, I could complete 13 laps (out of the 25) by shifting up earlier and tackling the downhill corners with 1+ gear. This way I was about 0.1-0.2 tenths slower each lap but it was viable. Tires were no problem as I never push them hard with unnecessary moves and hard acceleration/braking.
Eventually Richard passed me and I have to tell you it was so tempting to try and follow his rhythm (leaving my strategy behind :p ). He pitted at lap 12 while I went for another one, I ran out of fuel just before braking for the pits. After that I had only 12 laps so I could push hard and shift properly. I managed to pass him one lap after the pit stop and create a safety distance but couldn't pull away much as he really had a great pace. 3 laps before the end I had a silly spin which cost me 6 out of 11 secs distance and really kept me on my toes. Eventually he pitted one lap before the end so I could finally breathe and take the win.

Such excitement and drama, only endurance races (and Richard :p )can offer, where it's not only speed that counts. I want to thank all participants for the great night I had! :thumbsup: (That sounds a bit hmmm...):O_o:

Last edited:
Haha thanks for that write up mate. Have had the ps3 on all day and wasnt even home to enjoy it. 2am and just got home. Sorry for not posting pics yet. Ill get onto it tomorrow afternoon so you will have them when you wake up.

It was a really good fight with both Sakis and Jonathan. Big shout out to Rui as well. Even tho he didn't have our outright pace he kept circulating.

Pole time was a 2:06.8 that was Sakis. I owned the fastest race lap with a 2:07.2.

Had mega fun.

Sakis and Richard, you had mega pace. maybe i should have tried a little bit more with the sls.

Quali- p3- set a new pb of whatever i did :p think it was a 2.08.xx.

Race- p3- got a good start and moved up to p2 after Richard went deep into t3. was surprised to be keeping up with Sakis, but as soon as i caught up with him i ran wide at the exit of the chicane and then hit the grass under braking into the last corner which allowed Richard through. A couple of laps latter Richard made a mistake and i got back through, but only for half a lap.

After that it was an inconsistent run to the finish, because i kept trying to catch up. about 3 laps from the end i decided to pit again because my tyres were starting to get shot.

Overall, the first half of the race was fun but then i got frustrated and had to settle for 3rd. Thanks for the race though guys, see you on the track soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%