GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yes in VR Oculus Rift and i5 6400@4.2 using Oculus tray app with SS set 1.4 and settings from thread in link below
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rfactor2-the-vr-thread-settings-tips.55249/

Ahh, ok thanks. Yes I must admit I am running settings higher than those recommendations and ss @ 1.7 but this is on the Vive. Having said that, the only thing that stops my stuttering (with GT3 Pack except McLaren which runs smooth) is setting shadows from medium to low. Then its smooth but cockpit loses all shadowing.

I hope there is more optimisations to follow. All the other official cars run fine, its just this GT3 pack.

Last edited:
I agree with you, that is the biggest problem in rf2, very well solved by r3e

You mean very well solved by blocking out modding completely and selling skins for tons of money? That aside, the new UI is much needed for rF2, especialy for new users and I hope that it will keep the good from the old one (lots of functionality) with more streamlining and smoother usability.

• ronniej

Strange, I've noticed more FPS dips with the GT3 update than before on a couple of occasions actually.....(i7-6700k/GTX980ti/5760X1080 NV Surround) Medium-Full graphic settings with AA at "Level 3".(with the exception of Road reflections etc as I always have had those on "low")

*It could've been a certain track maybe? I will pay more attention when I play again. (I think it may have been Belgium 66 and a couple of the modded tracks from DX9 days, not sure though) But It did dip below 60fps and caused some stuttering for sure, and I'm running W8.1 Pro with updates turned off etc. (Lightened up and race sim ready!:thumbsup:) So, I'm certain it's not any background processes interfering, and even with the DX11 build, I've managed to play rF2 (all content) with plenty of FPS to spare...over 100 easily at all times

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean very well solved by blocking out modding completely and selling skins for tons of money? That aside, the new UI is much needed for rF2,
I think some people just want to launch the game ("sim") and play ("drive" or "race") without having to download the latest version of a mod ( the alpha v 0.026 version of course) . Like it was said above, the content, official content or third party, are all over the place... I happen to follow a thread about the game on another forum and the organisation of a simple open seems to be a PITA..
I agree for the new UI, that's what made me buy the game back in may 2017... Still waiting...

I think some people just want to launch the game ("sim") and play ("drive" or "race") without having to download the latest version of a mod ( the alpha v 0.026 version of course) . Like it was said above, the content, official content or third party, are all over the place... I happen to follow a thread about the game on another forum and the organisation of a simple open seems to be a PITA..
I agree for the new UI, that's what made me buy the game back in may 2017... Still waiting...

Well, you can't both have a moddable sim and expect the same ready made package served. With modding comes the option to explore the game deeper, but it also requires a bit more from end user as well. When rF1 came out it had basically 0 stock content. Today there are excellent things released for rF2 like the GT3 pack, but people prefer to keep complaining about poor content.

Your Austin aren't you....
I'm not triggered, you were triggered when i mentioned PCars 2 and SMS, do you report back to Ian?
I'm going to ignore you because people like you, trolls, feed off getting people banned. Not sure why you are allowed to get away with so much to be honest...
You slag off rfactor 2 yet any mention of PCars 2 and SMS and you get your knickers right in a twist..
Again, wow. We're both Canadians, he's younger and faster, I'm taller.

If you're going to edit your post, at least correct your most painful mistake.

rFactor 2 was embarrassing when I bought it in 2013, but it got better, and until AC and RaceRoom became competent, it was my favourite.

I've moved on to DX11, stable performance and good-looking games that are just as "realistic", without the millions of calculations that still allow cars to have no grip below a certain speed.

Project CARS 2 has more features, including some rare ones that I love, modern visuals, better performance, more licensed content, more cars that make sense, a clear road map, and it's cheaper than rF2 + GT3 pack.

If it had been as bad as the first iteration, Shift 3 as I call it, I would have refunded it and gone back to RaceRoom, with some occasional AC and rF2. They're all still installed, and I'm glad I enjoyed them for hundreds of hours.

Your allusion to my being allowed to have a certain stance is not surprising. The deluded don't want to face reality, so they want it to disappear.

Even if you think I'm being unfair, the fact is that rFactor 2 has lost the little luster it ever had years ago. Still enjoyable? Sure, but it's lower in my list than ever before.
Guys, if you have an issue with another user, please take it to a private message and include a staff member so it can hopefully be resolved :). No need to drag out these back and forth arguments where nobody wins.

Guys, if you have an issue with another user, please take it to a private message and include a staff member so it can hopefully be resolved :). No need to drag out these back and forth arguments where nobody wins.

Or if you have a thread about a specific game i.e. rfactor 2 and someone comes onto the htread to slag it off and say e.g. "PCars 2 is better", they should then have forfeited the right to pot again in the thread...its called trolling.

You mean very well solved by blocking out modding completely and selling skins for tons of money? That aside, the new UI is much needed for rF2, especialy for new users and I hope that it will keep the good from the old one (lots of functionality) with more streamlining and smoother usability.
Nobody forces you to buy any skin, I do not agree that they are charged, but I solve it easily, I do not buy them.

Nobody forces you to buy any skin, I do not agree that they are charged, but I solve it easily, I do not buy them.

Sure, nobody forces me to buy anything and it is the reason why I haven't spend a single penny on R3E. In that sense, I appreciate developers that allow for the creative freedom of their users and who don't lock car skins behind a paywall. And that's not a matter of opinion but their shop. If you like that business model or not is a matter of opinion ofcourse. But for me it is the same bs as selling/buying weapon skins for CS Go that everybody with a bit os PS or gimp knowledge can create on their own.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back