GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The adults play iRacing and call Project CARS 2 an arcade game, that's pretty cute. I'll take the one that professionals helped create on a deep basis in many disciplines rather than the one that rejects professional input to please the whales that they depend on.

Real life allows you to bring your Lamborghini to a snowy road, so Project CARS 2 is a much more complete simulation than the others.

rFactor 2 allows you to do a 1-lap Formula Renault race or to enable steering assist in a GT1 car, how realistic is that?

Keep grasping at them straws.

Grasping at straws? I'm simply saying why I don't yet want PCars 2. I will pick it up in a steam sale once people like you have beta tested it at full price and fixed most of the bugs and issues via patches, it's really quite simple...
But i still have no doubt PCars 2 will be left unfinished like PCars 1 and PCars 3 will be "the ultimate"..until PCars 4....
On my ignored list.....too much of a fanboy.

What graphics card are you using before update I could run 18 car GT3 grid round RaceFactors DX11 Monza without any stutters tried Le Mans last night no problems.

Tried these last night at Le Mans with time set to 1 A.M., IMO Endurance lights defintley seem a bit brighter and was able to see a bit further.
thanks for the feedback. After closer inspection i can definitely confirm that you do have slightly better visibility. I dont know why but i'm really impressed they included that, i did the RDLMS and visibility in those cars at night was terrible.

Oh no, another triggered "adult".

Your Austin aren't you....
I'm not triggered, you were triggered when i mentioned PCars 2 and SMS, do you report back to Ian?
I'm going to ignore you because people like you, trolls, feed off getting people banned. Not sure why you are allowed to get away with so much to be honest...
You slag off rfactor 2 yet any mention of PCars 2 and SMS and you get your knickers right in a twist..

Your Austin aren't you....
Again, wow. We're both Canadians, he's younger and faster, I'm taller.

If you're going to edit your post, at least correct your most painful mistake.

rFactor 2 was embarrassing when I bought it in 2013, but it got better, and until AC and RaceRoom became competent, it was my favourite.

I've moved on to DX11, stable performance and good-looking games that are just as "realistic", without the millions of calculations that still allow cars to have no grip below a certain speed.

Project CARS 2 has more features, including some rare ones that I love, modern visuals, better performance, more licensed content, more cars that make sense, a clear road map, and it's cheaper than rF2 + GT3 pack.

If it had been as bad as the first iteration, Shift 3 as I call it, I would have refunded it and gone back to RaceRoom, with some occasional AC and rF2. They're all still installed, and I'm glad I enjoyed them for hundreds of hours.

Your allusion to my being allowed to have a certain stance is not surprising. The deluded don't want to face reality, so they want it to disappear.

Even if you think I'm being unfair, the fact is that rFactor 2 has lost the little luster it ever had years ago. Still enjoyable? Sure, but it's lower in my list than ever before.

Last edited:
A very good thing then happened: Willy Wonka started a competition: world's fastest chocolate eater. .

I genuinely laughed out loud when I read this line! :D Was also amused by the rest of your post as well.

As for the DLC I can't really comment as I've bought RF2 some time ago, but have yet to put any time into it. As a newbie coming from other sims (predominately AC, but AMS too), it seems quite different and a bit daunting to actually set up to the point where you can go for a drive. I want to like it and am impressed that S397 seem to be taking it in the right direction. However, I'll need to put some time into RF2 and understand it before I buy the pack.

I genuinely laughed out loud when I read this line! :D Was also amused by the rest of your post as well.

As for the DLC I can't really comment as I've bought RF2 some time ago, but have yet to put any time into it. As a newbie coming from other sims (predominately AC, but AMS too), it seems quite different and a bit daunting to actually set up to the point where you can go for a drive. I want to like it and am impressed that S397 seem to be taking it in the right direction. However, I'll need to put some time into RF2 and understand it before I buy the pack.
Thanks :p That was the intention, to amuse while telling my point of view.

As to rFactor 2: Once you drive, say, 500 hours into e.g. Assetto Corsa and know the driving model well, you'll see how different rFactor 2 is.
To me, rF2 is the best, most complete, and mouse accurate simulator out there. If you want, I can give some tips on what I find is the best way to start with it.

Thanks :p That was the intention, to amuse while telling my point of view.

As to rFactor 2: Once you drive, say, 500 hours into e.g. Assetto Corsa and know the driving model well, you'll see how different rFactor 2 is.
To me, rF2 is the best, most complete, and mouse accurate simulator out there. If you want, I can give some tips on what I find is the best way to start with it.

Not quite 500 hours in AC, only 312 hours :whistling: according to Steam lol. Yes any tips would be appreciated. Basically all I've done is installed it with steam along with all the default workshop items being downloaded. I've been in and setup my wheel and done a few laps but didn't get a great feeling from the ffb and also not to keen on the default overlays for gear etc. Also I was a bit underwhelmed by the graphics as well. Some of the DX11 screenshots I've seen on here look very good.

Running a T500RS (F1 and Alcantara rims), i7-4790K, GTX1070 @ 3440x1440.

• Deleted member 130869

As a newbie coming from other sims (predominately AC, but AMS too), it seems quite different and a bit daunting to actually set up to the point where you can go for a drive.

@Marcel Offermans maybe the new UI and HUD updates are an opportunity to establish new default values for session and track parameters for both offline and online. From medium real road settings, to fixing the weather parameters being locked, to AI limiter being associated to a lower difficulty level, and linking default AI opponents to number of liveries available per series selected. Immediate ease of use :thumbsup:.

I'm fairly new to rFactor 2, bought it a year ago but never really got into it. It just seemed too complicated to get into. With not much cohesion with the community, yes there are plenty of clubs, leagues etc but i mean with everyone who owns the game. In R3E, everyone has access to the same version of cars and tracks in a easy(ish) interface. Even now i couldn't tell you what is officially released by 397 and mods. Some may say that speaks highly of some mods which is true but the lines are blurred enough for me.

This GT3 pack is a great starting point to some uniformity that gets me interested, now spending more time with the game i find that its actually amazing, its level of detail in some aspects is brilliant but its so schizophrenic that its brilliance is matched by some design choices that make me think "why?". Kind of like your stoner mate who never really got going but every now and again comes up with something brilliant leaving you gob smacked thinking this guy could be the CEO of some major Company if he just focused.

I'm having a blast with amazing a.i., rain, dynamic weather, rubbering tracks, driver swaps, GT3s feel great, racing at night, safety cars, formation laps, this stuff i'm sure sounds basic but its these small details that sell the simulation. Fingers crossed they form all of this into a digestible package for all the sim racers who don't know they are yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back