GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
From 3PA stuff, to 2012 stuff, to late-ISI stuff, to S397 stuff, the quality and style is all over the place...
... which is why I would have liked a new modern shell with only the most high-quality content in a new engine without old quirks, old content, inconsistent visuals and outdated features, a bit like how Assetto Corsa started out.

Licensed content and UI, no ugly old content. Got it.

Well the new UI is coming and there's been new licensed content released with more on the way because content takes time. Look at how long it takes Kunos to release new laser scan tracks. pCARS 2 dragged along a bunch of tracks & cars from pCARS 1.

Old content will never go away because people keep dragging it along with them... *how* many tracks from the dark ages of simracing have people converted to AC? How many ugly old cars are converted with poor physics just because someone wants *that* specific car model? Once the stuff is released, it's out there. Forever.

Ohhh the small detail of money....well I know that. Let's just say I like bringing up the "RF3" topic when there's a chance so hopefully S397 considers it sooner rather than later.
As I said, in terms of physics and gameplay nothing comes close to RF2 but the other aspects of the game are slowly driving me away from it, which I hate to say.

Funny you used the words "customer friendly" because even though you meant it in a different way, if there's something that RF2 is not, is customer friendly (with that stupid package system and what not).
Ohhh the small detail of money....well I know that. Let's just say I like bringing up the "RF3" topic when there's a chance so hopefully S397 considers it sooner rather than later.
As I said, in terms of physics and gameplay nothing comes close to RF2 but the other aspects of the game are slowly driving me away from it, which I hate to say.

Funny you used the words "customer friendly" because even though you meant it in a different way, if there's something that RF2 is not, is customer friendly (with that stupid package system and what not).

You know that you need to have "some" cash to start developing a game, let alone create a game from scratch wich needs alot more effort and resources than picking up where someone left of (AMS anyone?) and snatching up some lisences on the way wich are pretty expensive aswell. So getting access to rF2 was most likely the easiest way to get technology that fits their needs, that is very open and modular and last but not least cutting edge in quite a few areas. Now they are working on the not so userfriendly parts like the HUD, UI and the graphics, workshop integretation and the likes. Nothing negative if you ask me and I don't see any reason to further complain about it. That horse is dead since S397 took over.

The packaging system itself isn't too hard to comprehend if you know how to use a programm like winzip and for the most part, it offers alot of advantages that I prefere over other sims including rF1, simply because I don't **** up my install and can easily manage my mods, and mismatches are a case of the past. Skins could be managed a bit better but that's nitpicking for my taste. The most urgent areas are being adressed wich is very positive in my book.

I also think that people are being a bit shortsighted when it comes to the plans of S397 and this GT3 pack isn't the last word in terms of content. But lets see, as it sounds you have alot of much better working alternatives on your hard drive, so good for you ;)

Old content will never go away because people keep dragging it along with them... *how* many tracks from the dark ages of simracing have people converted to AC? How many ugly old cars are converted with poor physics just because someone wants *that* specific car model? Once the stuff is released, it's out there. Forever.
Without even bothering with the amateur trash out there and the Forza rips sold to idiots, some content is terrible. I can forgive Trento Bondone because it's special and people begged for it (still could have been revamped, though), but Sardian Heights? And some of the rF2 random ovals?

New engine and high-quality content, this is what I'd be interested in, not this.

If you can't buy or "invest" in a new platform that supports new features and technologies every other year, how invested are you in sim racing really? I could understand if rFactor 2 ran super well on old computers like Automobilista, but it's not even the case. Is the access to rFactor's Long Beach and Toronto mods that valuable? Or cars made by amateurs that just hack at it until it drives well enough?

Keep crying that they sell Project CARS 2 as a new product, which by the way includes the DLC from the previous game, several new features and a better interface. For the same price you'll get two unfinished car packs for rFactor 2, sounds like a great deal.

Decided the buck the trend and make a post about the actual thread topic and in case anyone forgot... Its about the GT3 update. I have noticed a sum total of zero difference in performance when running shadows @ medium in VR. None... Niente. Still stutter at back of grid of 15 in Callaway at MMOLA.

If this is the best they can do in dry weather VR performance for the GT3s then I guess I no longer care about improved weather effects as they will be unplayable in VR with these cars.

Sorry for the interruption. Please continue with the arm chair project / company mangement discussions that are so vital to all RD threads.

Decided the buck the trend and make a post about the actual thread topic and in case anyone forgot... Its about the GT3 update. I have noticed a sum total of zero difference in performance when running shadows @ medium in VR. None... Niente. Still stutter at back of grid of 15 in Callaway at MMOLA.

If this is the best they can do in dry weather VR performance for the GT3s then I guess I no longer care about improved weather effects as they will be unplayable in VR with these cars.

Sorry for the interruption. Please continue with the arm chair project / company mangement discussions that are so vital to all RD threads.
Did you only test in VR, though? Perhaps there's a different part of the rendering that's not optimized, so if you can send them a comparison between VR and monitor of the performance scaling, they might be able to tweak it. Is VR supposed to be fully implemented?

Im
So whats AMS if it isn't a mainstream racegame:speechless:........please enlighten us all with your wisdom:O_o:
rF2 gets a DX11 update (i do not see the difference while i race rF2 unless i switch fast between DX9 and 11). rF2 gets an external damage model, a feature asked for games like Pcars 2, F1 2017, Gt Sports. Just to get more peeps who like fancy bells and wistles love rF2.
AMS gets a brand new turbo model implemetation and tire sets implementation. I can tell you: the same peeps rF2 tries to bind to their game with their gimmicks, dont give a rats about a new turbomodel. The sound is good enough...THAT...

wow - a new update to new rF2 content came out while I am away from the simulator.
I see the news on my mobile and go " hey that's great! It is exactly the kind of tweaks I was hoping for + we have some word regarding the rF2 features we are reading about for some time."

Happily I was looking forward to download and try in a couple of days and casually look at the thread here a day later and … wow, I have no words. It is quite sad actually.

About one point made I just want to comment though:

We are currently hiring for our small business. I let you know upfront though, we will only be able to pay in "…heart, body and soul…"

Money is overrated anyway, who needs to pay their bills in money these days :O_o: if you perform super good and we see potential in you for becoming permanent staff, we may upgrade your pay to unicorn farts and fairy feathers in the future.

I am still looking forward to trying the new patch and am looking forward to the day we will have that new UI and more content. Until then I realize reading the forums less helps sanity.

I've seen a 4% to 7% increase in frame rates on a per car basis on using the default graphics settings with 19 AI cars (all visable) at Suzuka GP layout. I'm using a Asus ROG GTX 1070 running at 1080P on a single screen rather than VR.

That said, the frame rate still tends to dip into the mid 40fps with the default settings at the start of the race & I'm at the rear in 20th place.

Conversely the URD paid for EGT, PX1, PX 2 and T5 mods all run flawlessly (60fps minimum) at max graphical settings with a 30 AI grid at the same circuit.

On the S397 forum, people are stating the GT3 mod, speficially the McLaren, is the same as the AC version and is made up of 200K polygons whereas the URD cars are approximately 80K and this is the reason for the issues many of us have.

Without even bothering with the amateur trash out there and the Forza rips sold to idiots, some content is terrible. I can forgive Trento Bondone because it's special and people begged for it (still could have been revamped, though), but Sardian Heights? And some of the rF2 random ovals?

New engine and high-quality content, this is what I'd be interested in, not this.

If you can't buy or "invest" in a new platform that supports new features and technologies every other year, how invested are you in sim racing really? I could understand if rFactor 2 ran super well on old computers like Automobilista, but it's not even the case. Is the access to rFactor's Long Beach and Toronto mods that valuable? Or cars made by amateurs that just hack at it until it drives well enough?

Keep crying that they sell Project CARS 2 as a new product, which by the way includes the DLC from the previous game, several new features and a better interface. For the same price you'll get two unfinished car packs for rFactor 2, sounds like a great deal.

But PCars 2 is Shift 2 NEED FOR SPEED.
If you are into all that arcade stuff then great go for it, but let the adults enjoy other games for what they are.

C'mon... Arcade stuff? Seriously. If you think pcars2 is arcade then you have no clue. Rf2, AC2, PC2... They are all converging to very similar handling. The difference now is in the features and in that area rf2 is severely lacking.

C'mon... Arcade stuff? Seriously. If you think pcars2 is arcade then you have no clue. Rf2, AC2, PC2... They are all converging to very similar handling. The difference now is in the features and in that area rf2 is severely lacking.

I mean in the aspect of features like taking a racing car on snow and mud, its all very Forza Horizon and gimmicky IMO.
If that floats your boat and and it pulls in the kids then fair play to SMS, but it's not for me andd as you quite rightly say these games i agree are all pretty similar and all feel like a representation of driving a car for the most part, so its easy to leave PCars 2 well alone till its fixed by all the beta testers, i mean consumers...

But PCars 2 is Shift 2 NEED FOR SPEED.
If you are into all that arcade stuff then great go for it, but let the adults enjoy other games for what they are.
The adults play iRacing and call Project CARS 2 an arcade game, that's pretty cute. I'll take the one that professionals helped create on a deep basis in many disciplines rather than the one that rejects professional input to please the whales that they depend on.

I mean in the aspect of features like taking a racing car on snow and mud, its all very Forza Horizon and gimmicky IMO.
Real life allows you to bring your Lamborghini to a snowy road, so Project CARS 2 is a much more complete simulation than the others.

rFactor 2 allows you to do a 1-lap Formula Renault race or to enable steering assist in a GT1 car, how realistic is that?

Keep grasping at them straws.

What graphics card are you using before update I could run 18 car GT3 grid round RaceFactors DX11 Monza without any stutters tried Le Mans last night no problems.

does anyone know if the Endurance lights allow you to see better than the sprint lights at night. I briefly tested before I left for work and I'm not sure if there's a difference, it feels like I can see better but that could just be placebo.
Tried these last night at Le Mans with time set to 1 A.M., IMO Endurance lights defintley seem a bit brighter and was able to see a bit further.

View attachment 219822
Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

View attachment 219820 View attachment 219821 View attachment 219823

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!
The performance improvements really help!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back