AC GT3 @ GenTrack1 - Tue 15th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ahhh :p First I managed to qually on Mediums..3rd still :)....then put them to softs in the end for last 8 minutes to forget to swap them to mediums for race.

Couldnt hold it on for more then 7 laps folowing in 2nd...spun off ...damage...race over. Sorry :/

Hi

Yes it was the show pw protected servers missing.

Still, didn't help me control the Z4! Had too may offs for safe racing so decided to remove myself. More practice will help :) still, got a new pb which was nice

Till next time!

Good race. I'm sorry, gentlemen. I could not go any further because I broke my hook from the steering wheel. I'm sorry Paul Hurlow for the accident.

No problem, you had nowhere else to go once you bounce off that barrier. I had to pull out of race 8 laps in, lost steering input from wheel, Fanatec supposed to have fixed this :mad:
Getting fed up of this wheel now.....

Good race, a pity it started with a big crash. After that I had a good pace but lost it three times in three laps in the tricky chicane.

Congrats to the podium finishers, I quit so I could watch your battles in the last few laps, that was extremely exciting racing !

No problem, you had nowhere else to go once you bounce off that barrier. I had to pull out of race 8 laps in, lost steering input from wheel, Fanatec supposed to have fixed this :mad:
Getting fed up of this wheel now.....
Can you tell me what exact wheel are you using?

Hi

Yes it was the show pw protected servers missing.

Still, didn't help me control the Z4! Had too may offs for safe racing so decided to remove myself. More practice will help :) still, got a new pb which was nice

Till next time!
Did you try the settup I posted for this combination? It's built fast and with just a little bit understeery, read 'rather safe'.

5.jpg
This is my finishing position. I am very curios what setup the winner in the Mclaren used for such a fast time. For qualy i used stock setup with 27 PSI for rear tires and he was 1 second faster than me. I felt that even if i aced all the corners perfectly, i still couldn't gain more than 0.5 seconds with the default setup.
Also, does anyone have the replay for the race?Is it realistically possible to upload it somewhere ? :))

Can you tell me what exact wheel are you using?
Georg, I'm using a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel, its gone back once, they fitted a new PCB, that didn't fix the the issue, sent me a new power supply, didn't fix the issue. To me its a force feedback issue, if I switch off FF in game I can run the wheel no problem, as soon as I switch the FF in game to even low, the base gets quite warm, I lose steering input only(not shifter or pedals) might be for 2/3 seconds, can be much longer usually is. :(

Georg, I'm using a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel, its gone back once, they fitted a new PCB, that didn't fix the the issue, sent me a new power supply, didn't fix the issue. To me its a force feedback issue, if I switch off FF in game I can run the wheel no problem, as soon as I switch the FF in game to even low, the base gets quite warm, I lose steering input only(not shifter or pedals) might be for 2/3 seconds, can be much longer usually is. :(
I have the same wheel, bought it in April, not so long ago then.

Since the FFB motors release a lot of heat, the cooling fan seems the weak point to me. During my research about that wheel, I've found that not only this particular wheel is sometimes suffering a failure of the cooling fan.
The bearings in the fan might not be up to quality standard.
Although this is a German subsidiary company, these wheels are not produced there - I guess in China.

View attachment 59549
This is my finishing position. I am very curios what setup the winner in the Mclaren used for such a fast time. For qualy i used stock setup with 27 PSI for rear tires and he was 1 second faster than me. I felt that even if i aced all the corners perfectly, i still couldn't gain more than 0.5 seconds with the default setup.
I used 1-8 wings, coast diff around 45% and tweaked the gear ratios.
Go Macca!!!

I have the same wheel, bought it in April, not so long ago then.

Since the FFB motors release a lot of heat, the cooling fan seems the weak point to me. During my research about that wheel, I've found that not only this particular wheel is sometimes suffering a failure of the cooling fan.
The bearings in the fan might not be up to quality standard.
Although this is a German subsidiary company, these wheels are not produced there - I guess in China.
Yeah, China. The wheel worked flawlessly for 5 months and I do use it alot as I'm quite new to sim racing. If it wasn't still in warranty I'd take it apart myself and fit new fans :ninja:
Anyway, still waiting to hear back from Fanatec, I will also tell them about the fans too(thanks) maybe that's not helping and heat is causing the issue :O_o:

Again, great fun here, in particular at the end of the race with Georg :thumbsup:
I was 4or 5 seconds behind so I had to push to catch him,then, I had really great moment to find the way and after the overtake in lap 21 I made THE stupid mistake at the chicane :mad: ; what a pitty, I lost the second place and the podium to :(
Anyway I had very very good moments in this race, thanks for that :thumbsup:
Grats to winner and podium, thanks for the organisation !

[edit] I will share the vimeo video latter in the right section.

Last edited:
OMG I freakn missed the race!!! I thought it was at 6pm my time USA west coast oh man errrr I was looking so forward to this race!!!!

I am sorry guys for not being there. I was was so excited about this race and couldn't wait for it to happen.... So mad at myself for screwing up my time zone.

Can you guys please convert the time zones in the future possibly? I don't know what I was thinking when I saw it was at 1800 on the clock. very confusing!! sorry again....

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back