rF2 GT3 Club @ Silverstone - Friday 7th August 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks everyone for taking part :)

Wasn't expecting to be on pace as I had only done some random laps with the BES Z4 a few weeks back. No long runs and so no races either. And that's also my whole BES mod experience. So I was quite surprised, pleasently, to be fighting for pole!

I was pushing pretty hard at the beginning of the race. And as I saw a gap forming behind I thought that maybe I'm abusing the tyres and they won't last. But as it was just a test and fun race I decided to go for it and whatever I do I will learn something about the tyres in the mod :D Around halfway it started to look like left rear wouldn't last that kind of pushing so I started to protect it a bit and made it last to finish. Winning is fun but my race was somewhat boring even with that little bit of uncertainty about left rear lasting until the end.

Yes a great race, Its been a long time since we had so many drivers (and so many fast ones) in a GT race and it felt fantastic.
I didnt have time to do any laps at all here (but know the track of course). I arrived with 3 mins of Q left and did 1 lap (my first) in the BES 911 and was +5 sec. Things didnt look good. So I grabbed the Nissan GTR. It seems that BES have in their latest update taken the physics from the ISI GTR GT1 and lowered the engine power and changed the sound as the setup I have for the BOP Nissan GT1 slotted straight in. I added some wing to my Nordschleife set and did half a lap. Took a couple of clicks of the rear and hoped for the best.
With no idea for fuel I asked the guys on TS (thanks) and took my place down the back.

Faced a bit of very robust defence in lap 1 and had contact and an off at Village and rejoined and gave chase.

Managed to work my way past a couple of cars in battles and a couple more had little offs letting me through.
Soon I was closing on @Tal It took a lot of laps to figure out a way around and it was a nice fight. It was only a slight issue exiting Copse that gave me a run and we were side by side into Maggotts. It was a lot of laps in dirty air.
One of the nice thing about these cars is how long such a battle can last as you try to figure out a way around.

I gradually got into the groove with this track and my last lap was my best.
It was P14 to P7 and great fun.
Maybe the Nissan was too fast? But I needed it last night with no practice or set up!!

(1 click less rear wing and 15 litres less fuel would have been perfect)

Thanks all.
Thanks @Daiman Patel .

Well my race was a disaster. :p:D

During practice and qualifying everything seemed well and i was comfortable with the car.
In the race it was completely different. Struggled with the car and after a bump from the back that made me loose a few places things went pretty bad. To recover those positions i pushed too hard and spun.

Now in last position and 6 seconds behind things weren't looking too good. Managed to recover and caught some cars but another mistake and crashed into the barriers. Went to the pits but had lost the focus so received a penalty for speeding and to top it of forgot to repair the damage. :whistling::D

It was time to call it. Better luck next time. It was great to see a good field of cars. ;)

It was fun to be racing rF2 in this club again. Nice to have people together, and it'd be nice to get back into the habit of doing these races. :)

I'll have to pick another car next time though. That AM GT3 Ferrari seemed to have tires a compound too soft for Silverstone. Making the race distance wasn't really an issue, but keeping temperatures under control was difficult. Mid corner overheating was really the biggest limiting factor in my pace.

See you soon I hope. :D

The next GT3 Club event is now up; the race, at Donington Park, is scheduled for this coming Friday (14th August 2015). Details about the event can be found here. Be sure to get involved! Hopefully we'll see you on track. :D And a quick heads up, the plan is to change the car selection next week to the BES mod and @Frederic Schornstein's BOP ISI GT cars. :thumbsup: If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know.

The next GT3 Club event is now up; the race, at Donington Park, is scheduled for this coming Friday (14th August 2015). Details about the event can be found here. Be sure to get involved! Hopefully we'll see you on track. :D And a quick heads up, the plan is to change the car selection next week to the BES mod and @Frederic Schornstein's BOP ISI GT cars. :thumbsup: If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know.
Have you got the latest N24 version? If not you can find it on the forum or send me a PM.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.