AC GT3 @ Barcelona - Sunday 9th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Perfect... And i was thinking about changing car for once... Fml, right?

Lol, I think I will go with Ferrari, but I'm still torn between 488 and 911, because I've never actually raced the Porsche yet, driven of course, but not in a competition. Plus I hate to be forgetting the Huracan, because its my go to car for most races, but I guess I can live with that this time, since I will take it to Monza for even after this one.

@Eugene Abramoff what do you think of my chosen car, Nissan, is it a good combination with this track?

Honestly, I have no idea, because I have least seat time in a GTR, by which I mean, next to none, compared to the rest of GT3s. If you wanna ask me about Lambo, Ferrari, Merc or maybe even Mac, I'm the guy, the rest of the GT3s I'm poorly familiar with.
All I can say is, its a neutral, "easy" to drive car and its very fast on straights, so if you struggle with GT3s, its a good choice, because its rather straightforward behaving car; can't say anything about combo.
Kek700 always drives the GTR, ask him, maybe he could tell you something useful.

@Eugene Abramoff what do you think of my chosen car, Nissan, is it a good combination with this track?
Based on RSR, is not the fastest but it's a good choice. If i remember correctly, you can't work on the front wing and the car is quite understeery, so you'll have to work with springs and ARBs to reduce it. Apart from that, the car is great.
Honestly, I have no idea, because I have least seat time in a GTR, by which I mean, next to none, compared to the rest of GT3s. If you wanna ask me about Lambo, Ferrari, Merc or maybe even Mac, I'm the guy, the rest of the GT3s I'm poorly familiar with.
All I can say is, its a neutral, "easy" to drive car and its very fast on straights, so if you struggle with GT3s, its a good choice, because its rather straightforward behaving car; can't say anything about combo.
Kek700 always drives the GTR, ask him, maybe he could tell you something useful.
The porsche seems way slower than the others GT3 (or it is extremely hard to tune), so i'd avoid it for a while. Ferrari and Mclaren seems to be the best choices for this track. The nissan seems good as well thanks to her acceleration. Overtakes can become impossible if you have a nissan in front of you. Mercedes has an awful time on RSR, not sure why (except for the fact that it's basically a ship, not a car).

Based on RSR, is not the fastest but it's a good choice. If i remember correctly, you can't work on the front wing and the car is quite understeery, so you'll have to work with springs and ARBs to reduce it. Apart from that, the car is great.

The porsche seems way slower than the others GT3 (or it is extremely hard to tune), so i'd avoid it for a while. Ferrari and Mclaren seems to be the best choices for this track. The nissan seems good as well thanks to her acceleration. Overtakes can become impossible if you have a nissan in front of you. Mercedes has an awful time on RSR, not sure why (except for the fact that it's basically a ship, not a car).

I'm pretty happy with what I managed to accomplish with AMG yesterday. Had it dialed in pretty much perfect without much thinking over setup, just some instinctive clicks on setup, drive for a bit, polish it and I had a perfect ready product. Though I expected it to be very unstable on worn soft tires, which it was not, I was still able to push on par with quali time, still I didn't change brake bias for stability sake. I regretted that decision a little bit in the end, because it would've helped to eliminate understeer that red-worn tires produced.
So I wouldn't call it a ship... Ok, maybe a spaceship. Just first thing you have to do before you even test it, stiffen front of the car.

Grid is filling up nicely now folks, already have ourselves 12 drivers committed, with another 12 slots left to fill.

Had a great time in the last race back at Nurbs, so if any of you fellow drivers (or some new ones of course!) fancy joining in the fun, get yourself signed up asap!

Here's my setup with the Mclaren 650s GT3. The car is not easy to drive, it's not straight forward, so it will take some laps to understand how it works. Be carefull during fast corners, because the car will start to oversteer (slowly, but it will if you apply too much throttle). In case anyone has questions feel free to ask in PM and eventually i can share a video of a lap (in private, since i can't share the laptime).

Attachments

• mediums.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 184
Here's my setup with the Mclaren 650s GT3. The car is not easy to drive, it's not straight forward, so it will take some laps to understand how it works. Be carefull during fast corners, because the car will start to oversteer (slowly, but it will if you apply too much throttle). In case anyone has questions feel free to ask in PM and eventually i can share a video of a lap (in private, since i can't share the laptime).

Top man! Please if you would be so kind could you upload this to the AC setups sub forum too please? Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back