AC GT3 @ Barcelona - Sunday 9th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@PD07 @BhZ

Don't forget you need to confirm the car you are driving please guys
Yes i remember. I still have to work on the ferrari to decide which one to use during the race. The mclaren is quite unstable in the fast turns so i have to see its behaviour with mediums at the end of the stint.

Yes i remember. I still have to work on the ferrari to decide which one to use during the race. The mclaren is quite unstable in the fast turns so i have to see its behaviour with mediums at the end of the stint.

No worries man! I envy you your setting up ability :)

#defaultsetupFTW :roflmao:

Yes indeed, thank you :) the z4 felt the most balanced on its default setup for me, and its good on the brakes :)
Try to reduce the rear arb and eventually the rear slow bump. Consider even the rear spring...these fixes should reduce the oversteer and help you when you apply the throttle.

Try to reduce the rear arb and eventually the rear slow bump. Consider even the rear spring...these fixes should reduce the oversteer and help you when you apply the throttle.

Thats funny i actually find the z4's default setup about right but just a bit too much understeer early/ mid corner on the slow and mid speed corners. But i cant remember everything that i changed to sort that out now, but i think im starting to get somewhere, to me it seemed a bit stiff on the default setup. Then again trying to setup a car seems very subjective and can differ alot with the variety of driving styles out there! :)

Thats funny i actually find the z4's default setup about right but just a bit too much understeer early/ mid corner on the slow and mid speed corners. But i cant remember everything that i changed to sort that out now, but i think im starting to get somewhere, to me it seemed a bit stiff on the default setup. Then again trying to setup a car seems very subjective and can differ alot with the variety of driving styles out there! :)
The setup of a car is personal to a certain degree. The default setup has some problem when applying the throttle at the end of slow corners. There are things that will make you more comfortable with the car and those are personal. There are others that will make the car more "grippy" and those works for anyone. I prefer cars with a bit of oversteer. The bmw imho is too much oversteery. Unless you have a very strong TC, that oversteer will probably make you slower (the TC itself makes you slower if too strong, especially coming out of slow turns).

To save you time, remember, if the car feels too stable, too "comfortable", there is a chance it will be slower.

Agree with @BhZ about TC, if you don't have to modulate throttle, you have too much TC. I always work to come up with a setup where I don't have to use it, but can still lose it if I'm not careful.

To save you time, remember, if the car feels too stable, too "comfortable", there is a chance it will be slower.

Agree with @BhZ about TC, if you don't have to modulate throttle, you have too much TC. I always work to come up with a setup where I don't have to use it, but can still lose it if I'm not careful.
Exactly, usually i exploit the TC to stop the car from spinning if i apply too much throttle. It just gives me the time to recover and modulate the throttle.

A comfortable car is quite important for longer races. I usually go for a quick setup then dial in some stability. Consistency will win over a flying lap every time and you won't scramble your brains trying to tame a monster for 45 minutes. As an added bonus, a stable car is usually kinder on the tyres.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 394 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 266 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 254 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 185 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 313 13.0%