AC GT3 @ Barcelona - Sunday 9th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No i'm not talking about push to talk. I usually keep the game sound very high, so that i can't understand what people say and it distract me a lot less. At the same time i can unmute my mic and talk...what wheel do you have?
G27. All buttons are taken for: look left/right/behind, flash headlights, and +/- brake bias adjustment. I race with game sound coming out of 5.1 speakers and CrewChief and TeamSpeak going through my wireless headphones (almost like a real thing :))

How is that app nowadays? I tried it when it came to AC but it wasn't as good as I was hoping for. Does it work well enough and without any major glitches?
I'd say there're some glitches there. It's often too late to announce laps that people do in Q (maybe some configuration changes are needed to fix it), it gets totally confused when you reduce fuel load while in the pits and then often yells on you to come back and refuel on your outlap. Also, it is either wrong or way too late with tire temperature warnings. But the spotter works fine as well as blue and yellow flag announcements. I can't say it can replace all the other apps (I still use Delta, Real-time, Helicorsa, Minimap, Tires and RacerData apps), but I mostly use it for the fun factor that it adds to the long races. Sometimes it might cause the game to stutter, but I think I fixed that by lowering CrewChief process priority in task manager.

I feel a bit guilty for making this post, as I promised to shut up, but when watching a top down view of the incident I noticed that Eugene's line in the corner that he said he was going to let me pass at exactly matches the line that @Tomi (who was following us and didn't have to compromise it at all) us took. So Eugene was actually using the fast racing line and I find it hard to believe that using this line is a proper way of yielding under blue flag. Watch yourself:
You can also see that before the contact no part of my car was at the the right half of the road and the car was turning good enough to keep it at the left half of the track. After the contact there's no line anymore as I had to straighten the car to avoid spinning out. There's also some overlap between the cars at the turn-in point, so as I agree that each car owns its portion of the road that left side was mine to take and I could've used it for the full extent, especially since the other side was claiming that he was letting me pass. This is for all of you writing here that I made a Maldonado dive. I really don't know what to add here and how someone could take this incident as me intentionally punting Eugene out. I understand that he's an admin and I'm just some random dude whom most of you guys haven't met before, so his words probably carry more credibility that mine by default, but try to watch this video out of the context and tell whether the red car was really trying to yield here, or it just kept its fast line no matter what.

And since there was a bit of discussion about what a lapped car should do, here's another video from a car that I lapped 2 laps before the incident. This is a mixed example of what to do and what to avoid:
He didn't want to lift and yield on the straight, OK, really didn't have to, the gap was pretty big. Then he messed up in the chicane and was all over the place and I had to slow and stay back to avoid the contact. After that something finally clicked in his head and he lifted off in T3 and let me go, nice move and thanks for that one. But in T5 he was braking too late and would've rear-ended me if I didn't watch my mirrors and moved swiftly to the left seeing that he was not going to make it. See, sometimes watching your mirrors helps you to stay in the race.
All these shenanigans shown here cost me more than 2 seconds on that lap, which is I'd say quite a lot for passing a backmarker, but I don't blame the guy because he was at least trying to do it and his equipment (keyboard or pad by the looks of his erratic steering) and skill clearly let him down.

And one more video which I think finally explains the whole thing:
Notice the difference between Eugene's apex and mine or Tomi's. Both @Tomi and I take this corner as a late apex one which is actually the fastest way there. Eugene uses classic mid-turn apex which is a slower approach. The difference is quite big, about 4 car length, which is ~20m. So when he thought he was going wide enough it was the same line that I would normally use while entering the corner, and knowing that this is a late apex corner I was expecting him to be even further to the outside than he was as I did hope that he would let me pass there. But due to the big difference in our typical lines through the corner this unfortunate misunderstanding and the following contact happened.

This, folks, is why it is so much safer to simply lift off a bit on the straight or in the long sweeping corner like T3 (as the Porsche guy did) and let the fast car go ahead instead of going wide into a tight corner to arrange the pass. If you chose the latter you better make sure you're going really wide like I'm doing here:
I'd also like to say that I'm really sorry for letting my anger yesterday to get the best of me and expressing my frustration here in this topic, though I did try to keep it more or less sane and not jump the gun accusing people of doing bad things intentionally. And I'd like to apologize to @Eugene Abramoff if that offended him in any way. I hope the whole thing is going to be a good lesson to all the participants and those who were keeping track of it if there're such people.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years