AC GT2/GT3 Endurance @ Barbagallo Raceway - Sun 1 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That's confirmed, I'm always happy when it comes to "endurance" racing (especially here with a multi class event), it's always full of strategies and consistency. I had some nice battles in the first half of the race, especially with @Tomi Manninen.

It's never a pleasure when the majority of a post is about an incident, but I owe @Jimlaad43 some explanations. I really hope him and the administrators will take a minute to understand my point of view. First of all, I want to apologize, because that's a shame your race and my race ended like this. The main reason for me hitting you several times is that I could not see where you were on the track. Your ping was pretty high (over 100 ms), and I saw your car constantly going back and forth. There was no way for me to see what your actual position on the track was. As you were shown the blue flag and I was slightly faster than you, I assumed that you would let me by far more easily. For the last incident on lap 80 something, your car straight out disappeared from my screen for a few seconds, and I was as surprised as you were, when it ended up in a wreck.

I wish I could have recorded directly my screen during the race, because I don't know how it will appear in the replay, since it's mostly a connection wise issue. Again, I'm sorry our races were ruined this way.

Anyway, I want to thank again @Mid-pack Jack and @Luca Antinori for their exemplary job of dealing with blue flags. And as usual, congratulations to the winners in the GT2 and the GT3 class!

Hi Simon.Why do i have a DNF? I was on 94th lap and the server took me to the pits. I thought it was chequered flag for me.
because the server was set to finish at a certain time after the race had finished. Thanks for bringing this to our attention tho because for these events we will now set a longer period.:thumbsup:

Thanks @Ricardo for organizing and @Si for staying with us to save the whole replay!!

I had some very nice fights with @Tobias Röhner @Matheus Machado and @Tomi Manninen.

Tobias what wings were you using? I had 0/2 but still couldn't stay in your slipstream! There was an obvious disadvantage for you during the braking and the cornering but the acceleration at the straight was insane! At some points I was hearing your engine louder than mine :D

Grats to @Christian Lozanov for his performance. He finished very high with the slowest car! I'm sure he'd do even better if we didn't have that teleport issue early in the race.

I actually liked that there was traffic all the time. It was a very good excercise for everyone. @Mid-pack Jack did a great job handling the blue flags.

It won't change nothing and it's not a big deal, but it's strange that my time difference to the winner is over minute, because Geoffroy finished race few seconds after I started my last lap and My last lap was 56 sec.

He was warping for me also, even hit me one time because of that. So it may have been a problem on his end.
And your replay should show exactly how you have seen the event if you want to check:thumbsup:
No, the time I hit you was my fault. I just managed to carry a lot more speed through turn 5 than you and there was nowhere for me to go.

@Akis Whaaaat:confused:. Your wings was at 0/2. I have 1/6 and I wasn't any slower at straights or anywhere. My top speed was over 230km/h. I just wondering.

@Akis Whaaaat:confused:. Your wings was at 0/2. I have 1/6 and I wasn't any slower at straights or anywhere. My top speed was over 230km/h. I just wondering.
You guys were using low downforce? I was maxed out! Kinda explains why people struggled to get past me, I pulled enough of a gap to avoid being passed down the straight.

Thx for the race everybody.

@Rami Mattila, sorry for trying to steal you the pole on the rolling lap :D:redface::whistling:.
And sorry also to read that you had some troubles, cause you were really fast on the beginning.

@Tomi Manninen, I'm sure I could make you lie on this one... here :ninja: :).
I never forget the ones who overtakes me... (kind of kidding :laugh::cautious:). And anyway, we have drove some miles since our first race shared ;).

And a special thx to the all of the lapped ones you who made my race easier. I know it's not always easy but it's really appreciable. I'm grateful for it.

See you next.

Thanks @Ricardo for organizing and @Si for staying with us to save the whole replay!!

I had some very nice fights with @Tobias Röhner @Matheus Machado and @Tomi Manninen.

Tobias what wings were you using? I had 0/2 but still couldn't stay in your slipstream! There was an obvious disadvantage for you during the braking and the cornering but the acceleration at the straight was insane! At some points I was hearing your engine louder than mine :D
@Mid-pack Jack did a great job handling the blue flags.

@Akis I was using 1/8 wings. Perhaps the Merc just has that much more power than the McLaren?
My hard tires were completely gone towards the end (didn't do a pitstop, so that was to be expected), so I just couldn't keep up in the corners. Happy with the result though, finished second for the GT3s :) Good racing overall, some technical difficulties and ghosting made it difficult for some. Hopefully that'll be resolved as Assetto gets more development time.

By the way, is .Revlight. Sosna a real name? :O_o:

Its me mate. -do i have to change my steam name?-

Also its weird that results show i drove a RUF :) .

Unfortunately my race was full of bad luck.At first AC wanted to update something through steam and i had over 20 minutes before booking to make it work.Then i chose the wrong compound which meant i was 0.5sec off pace -i couldnt get them to work,due to high pressures and i was constantly sliding,especially the front end-.To top it all off i had a game crash.I decided to continue and connected again but after the second AC crash i gave up.

The race while it lasted was fun and almost all drivers showed respect.The few odd mistakes are usual and personally i dont have any complaints.

Also id forgotten to enable blue flag app even though i had it installed but that is fixed now.

I should also mention how great the track was and praise Kunos for the ffb.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back