GSC2013 "pre-release" discussions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your discussions, feedback and bug reports here, while we prepare for official release :)

If you wish to join in the fun, you can buy the game now here. The pre-order gives you access straightaway to the current build - v1.00 which is actually more of a final beta. Official release is still a week or so away and it will mostly be about some tweaks and fixing the main bugs that have been observed in this "pre-release" period.

Those who buy and download v1.00 now will be able to then patch it to v1.01 from official release with a small update.

While this temporary fix is no longer required for the activation issues we had the last couple of days, you might want to apply it in any case as this also addresses potential Fingerprint mismatch issues and compatibility with 3rd party d3d9.dll based plugins: www.reizastudios.com/downloads/GSC2013_GS_FIX.rar - download and extract GSC.exe into your GSC2013 root folder, overwriting the original.

Last edited:
I concur :) Just installed and worked 1st time. I noticed a MAP folder, does that mean we can turn maps on/off too? Can't find anything in control settings
im sure to turn off track map you can use the 0 button on the right side were the numbers are on the right side of the keyboard, the oned just under the number lock button, cycle through pressing 0 change rotation of map or cycle though to turn if off. Hop that helped

• Deleted member 166348

I just got back from a Karting session so i thought i would jump on the Karts in gsc2013 and give it a try to see how close it feels to the real thing.

The engine characteristics are good, the weight and the way the kart bounces over curbs are spot on, the grip feels good (im driving on enduro rubber so cant really compare), they look fantastic.

The only thing i am having an issue with is the lack of self correction forces in the steering when locking up the rears or giving too much throttle on exit or any oversteer situation. Forgive me as i do not know what the correct term is but all the other cars in gsc have this self correcting force and the one vehicle that i especially expected to have this behavior was the Kart so i am a little surprised it doesn't.

Come to think of it, i noticed the same issue with all the Kart mods in rfactor. Is it a real feel or isimotor2 issue or perhaps a g25 issue?

I played with these real feel settings but no change :
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=425.000000
SteeringDamper=15500.000000

Logitech profiler settings = I am using between 180 - 200 degree rotation on my g25 the usual profiler settings = overall effects strength 100, centering spring 0. etc...

So theirs a little feedback on the Karts but otherwise the sim itself is amazing, the vehicles have a liveliness that even iracing doesn't match in my opinion. I take my hat off to you Reiza =)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from a Karting session so i thought i would jump on the Karts in gsc2013 and give it a try to see how close it feels to the real thing.

The engine characteristics are good, the weight and the way the kart bounces over curbs are spot on, the grip feels good (im driving on enduro rubber so cant really compare), they look fantastic.

The only thing i am having an issue with is the lack of self correction forces in the steering when locking up the rears or giving too much throttle on exit or any oversteer situation. Forgive me as i do not know what the correct term is but all the other cars in gsc have this self correcting force and the one vehicle that i especially expected to have this behavior was the Kart so i am a little surprised it doesn't.

Come to think of it, i noticed the same issue with all the Kart mods in rfactor. Is it a real feel or isimotor2 issue or perhaps a g25 issue?

I played with these real feel settings but no change :
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=425.000000
SteeringDamper=15500.000000

Logitech profiler settings = I am using between 180 - 200 degree rotation on my g25 the usual profiler settings = overall effects strength 100, centering spring 0. etc...

So theirs a little feedback on the Karts but otherwise the sim itself is amazing, the vehicles have a liveliness that even iracing doesn't match in my opinion. I take my hat off to you Reiza =)
You are right about the karts FFB characteristics feeling wrong. Reiza has admitted the same thing, and they said there will be a big patch to fix the karts and various other things when the gold edition is finally available for download. It should be soon. :)

Also you should post your feedback in the karts thread started by Reiza
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/a-little-bit-of-feedback-on-the-karts.75040/unread

Last edited:
@Reiza Studios
Dedicated server question.
i can run the dserver on gsc2012 and ftrucks with no problem at all on the same pc as i game on

But i cant with GSC2013 i have to run it on a spare pc, and then all works ok

If i run the D/server from my game pc and set up the server it all fires up ok just like all the others do
but as soon as i fire up the game and then enter the room it freezes up the d/server.
i am unable to use admin functions, advance the server etc,(i cant log in as admin) i can go out on track and drive but if i look at the D/server the clock is stopped and i cant even control it form the d/server panel
if i leave the room although some of the functions come back to the d/server it will not close down correctly, and is still open in the task manager/processes.

it all work ok on a second pc... i have run the d/servers and understand the controls of how it all works i can get our game servers to work on RD with no issues...

i tried a reinsatall still same effect..
all the games from Reiza are run as admin and sit outside win 7x64 in my games drive..
all my other Dserver from other sims work ok, even though i was using them from a second pc
just because i had that option..
but for testing purposes of stuff i will use my game pc to run them..

hoping you can help me out with thanks Rupe.:)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Its just about spot on new Paul, there wont be much difference when it hits full release...
its already plenty good enough to race... just a few fine tunes....
Its one of the best pre releases ive seen :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
hope all we get is a patch to fix the little things..

@Reiza Studios
Dedicated server question.
i can run the dserver on gsc2012 and ftrucks with no problem at all on the same pc as i game on

But i cant with GSC2013 i have to run it on a spare pc, and then all works ok

If i run the D/server from my game pc and set up the server it all fires up ok just like all the others do
but as soon as i fire up the game and then enter the room it freezes up the d/server.
i am unable to use admin functions, advance the server etc,(i cant log in as admin) i can go out on track and drive but if i look at the D/server the clock is stopped and i cant even control it form the d/server panel
if i leave the room although some of the functions come back to the d/server it will not close down correctly, and is still open in the task manager/processes.

it all work ok on a second pc... i have run the d/servers and understand the controls of how it all works i can get our game servers to work on RD with no issues...

i tried a reinsatall still same effect..
all the games from Reiza are run as admin and sit outside win 7x64 in my games drive..
all my other Dserver from other sims work ok, even though i was using them from a second pc
just because i had that option..
but for testing purposes of stuff i will use my game pc to run them..

hoping you can help me out with thanks Rupe.:)

Weird Rupe, i have no idea what your problem is!
D/server works fine for me from day1.
i had some great races with max 10 drivers.
I run D/server and game/sim on same PC without any problems.
Just let you know it can work;)

Is any body else having a hard time tuning their T500rs for the Formula Retro. I got it sweet for the Formula Reiza but it is way off in the Retro's. The wheel has a mind of it's own, lurching from loose to tight; I've got it now so the cars are driveable in a fashion,but some times can go half a lap or more with no problems and then (seemingly) for no reason it will pull violently to one side.
The thing with my wheel is; that the actual wheel settings I had in The Thrustmasters software,did not need touching in any other sim' I have...one set up fits all, until, now with the Retro's. As I have said; no problems with the F Reiza.

Yes my same wheel is doing the same thing only in the retro's as well. Its fine for several laps feels great..then out of no where it just goes nuts. Good to see im not alone but I have no solution as yet. It is fine with the V8's and with the F1 Reiza's as well.

Is any body else having a hard time tuning their T500rs for the Formula Retro. I got it sweet for the Formula Reiza but it is way off in the Retro's. The wheel has a mind of it's own, lurching from loose to tight; I've got it now so the cars are driveable in a fashion,but some times can go half a lap or more with no problems and then (seemingly) for no reason it will pull violently to one side.
The thing with my wheel is; that the actual wheel settings I had in The Thrustmasters software,did not need touching in any other sim' I have...one set up fits all, until, now with the Retro's. As I have said; no problems with the F Reiza.

I'm using T500 rs and f1 and haven't felt the need to adjust anything with original content. Actually most of the mods I've tried feels right out of the box too. So dunno what's wrong with your Retro. Hope you get it fixed.

edit. Might be worth to add that I haven't driven Retro very much. But on the laps I've driven I haven't have any problems.

I added a couple of car series mods. Now when I select Mini Challenge series and a single race, the AI is made up of cars from the added series mods as well as a couple of Mini's. there is no way to filter these out to only include the Minis it seems.

I'm using T500 rs and f1 and haven't felt the need to adjust anything with original content. Actually most of the mods I've tried feels right out of the box too. So dunno what's wrong with your Retro. Hope you get it fixed.

edit. Might be worth to add that I haven't driven Retro very much. But on the laps I've driven I haven't have any problems.

What are your setting in the Thrustmaster software please Jebus, maybe they can help us that are having the problems with the Retro's. I've just spent another 3 or 4 hours and to be honest got nowhere. Like I say, the other cars that I have tried I have been able to set up ok in the garage and did not have to touch the wheel software...strange. Still think it is a nice little sim' though. :)

In case my question from yesterday was not read I just repeat my question @ REIZA (or anybody else who knows for sure):

PUSH-TO-PASS : does this function ONLY properly work at the GSV V8 cars ?

or also with? :

1.) the GSC Formula Reiza, other GSC Formula cars and GSC mini-challenge ?

2.) third-party GSC mods like DTM2013 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play