GSC2013 "pre-release" discussions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your discussions, feedback and bug reports here, while we prepare for official release :)

If you wish to join in the fun, you can buy the game now here. The pre-order gives you access straightaway to the current build - v1.00 which is actually more of a final beta. Official release is still a week or so away and it will mostly be about some tweaks and fixing the main bugs that have been observed in this "pre-release" period.

Those who buy and download v1.00 now will be able to then patch it to v1.01 from official release with a small update.

While this temporary fix is no longer required for the activation issues we had the last couple of days, you might want to apply it in any case as this also addresses potential Fingerprint mismatch issues and compatibility with 3rd party d3d9.dll based plugins: www.reizastudios.com/downloads/GSC2013_GS_FIX.rar - download and extract GSC.exe into your GSC2013 root folder, overwriting the original.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I installed GSC 2013 and it is awesome!!! Only one problem so far, I have Simvibe and havent been able to make it work with GSC2013. I tried using GSC2012 plugin. Nothing happens.

Has anybody had success with that?
Unfortunately, this is something you cannot live without after you get used to it.

Thanks,
Luciano.

If anyone is interested you can use rfdynhud, leave the original d3d9 in place and add the d3d9 that comes with rfdynhud but rename it. In the trackmap.ini just change the line from default to whatever you renamed the rfdynhud d3d9. I havn't tried GID because I don't use it but it may be worth a try.
Havn't read all the posts so this may have been covered already!

I did that and it works. Putting it by steps, GID works on GSC2013 this way:

- Rename the gid d3d9.dll to, for example d3d9gid.dll, before putting it on the GSC2013 folder.
- Install all the other files on plugins folder and GIDPlugin.ini on the main GSC2013 folder.
- Edit TrackMapPlugin.ini and change the line inside with this "OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9gid.dll"
- Rename the GSC.exe to rFactor.exe

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=38183

@Vladimir Antic same question asked before i think from another driver.
I have a strange problem creating a profile.
I installed GSC 2013, activated and launched it. The game asked to create profile with a name. It doesn't matter what I type in, the screen is going to flatter for a short time (less than a second), goes back to the type in field and nothing is done.

Any suggestions?

he found his solution was...
@Rupe Wilson : thx mate for your quick answer. I figured out that I installed GSC in a folder in which I need admin-rights... After starting GSC as admin, everything worked fine :)

maybe this is what needed run as Admin

Well, it has taken quite a few time for gathering a community big enough for running championiships with GSC2012 (talking about Spain).

Converting tracks, convincing people one by one, running champs... and now we are enough people for having permanent champs. The thing is that with GSC2013 more people is interested in GSC, and they ask for recomendation.

What must I recommend? With GSC2012 they will be able to participate in our champs, but GSC2013 is a better sim. So if GSC2012 were included, I think more people would buy GSC2013. Because, right now we can´t run champs with GSC2013 (still few people)

Just include a keycode for GSC2012 when buying GSC2013. I don´t know anything about logistics, maybe is more difficult than I think.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 151827

It´s an understandable request Javier but it might be hard to justify the logistics involved. How many people would be interested in such thing?

Just a note to point out both the trouble running 3rd party plugins based off d3d9.dll and inability running multiple instances of dedicated.exe have been fixed and will be included in the final version.

Any word on when the release might be? Thanks

[QUOTE
I cant believe nobody here uses tactile feedback (bass transducers). Nobody uses simvibe or simcommander?
Reiza,
GSC 2013 changed the way the game outputs telemetry (which would justify developing another plugin for simvibe)?
Thanks!
][/QUOTE]

I posted earlier on asking about simvibe as mine doesn't respond either.
I tried moving the simxperienceplugin.dll into the plug ins folder.Plus if you create a profile from scratch it creates 1 anyway but no luck.
I had no reply so posted over at Simvibe.Berney has only just managed to get hold of the game and is looking in to it.

Cheers

Sean

I did that and it works. Putting it by steps, GID works on GSC2013 this way:

- Rename the gid d3d9.dll to, for example d3d9gid.dll, before putting it on the GSC2013 folder.
- Install all the other files on plugins folder and GIDPlugin.ini on the main GSC2013 folder.
- Edit TrackMapPlugin.ini and change the line inside with this "OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9gid.dll"
- Rename the GSC.exe to rFactor.exe

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=38183
i try to do that serg, but i am not so good at this, so i wait for patch

Any chance of more download mirrors?

I've had a few online chats with people who, after convincing them to buy GSC 2013, complain about very slow download speeds. 7 hours seems to be about the normal time to download irrespective of their location. A torrent would be useful; many of us who already have the files could help boost download speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes