1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Grand Prix 4

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by John Bergqvist, Apr 10, 2009.

1. GP4 is still going you know. subforum anyone?? the wet whether driving is fantastic. drying lines and everything.

2. GP4 is probably my favourite racing game! Took ages to get it working but now I have got it running stable and it's brilliant. The feel of driving could be better, but considering how old this is now it's not bad. But the best of it is the AI. I've not seen better AI in any game I've played, they react to your movements, block their line, fight with each other. It's the best offline experience I've had and I don't know why other games haven't matched this, let alone improved on it after all this time. Most games the AI at least doesn't smack you off, but you never feel like you're driving a real race.

I am currently racing a 1991 mod, which is fantastic. I hear there is work on a 79 mod, which would be brilliant. I tried the 79 mod in rfactor and although it was probably the best mod I have played in that game, I couldn't enjoy it because of rfactor's poor AI.

Not sure a subforum would be worth it though. There's probably not enough people, or new activity to make it worthwhile. Plus there's no online play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. there is online play of sorts, with GPXpatch, you can fool the game into thinking a WAN ip adress is a local IP address. never tried it tho. goto www.gp4db.com for mods and trackpacks

4. i think geoff crammond lives in wiltshire, which is near me. ive been tryin 2 somehow get hold of him so i can quiz him on the game lol. but the best bit about gp4 is the wet weather.

• Like Like x 1
  5. he plays Live For Speed so go to the LFS Forums and you should be able to find him in the members list.

6. ive regeisterd but i cant find him anywhere, do u have a link to his profile?

7. it seems his profile might have gone or its been set to private because it doesnt show up in searches or in the member list, but he deffinately plays LFS because ive raced against him.

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

GP4, i should have that disc here still, but i am searching for 30 minutes in my little sim collection but ill be damned that i can't find it anymore :(

9. Vitaly Petrov is faster than you ! (F1 2011 mod)

in this video at 2:04

wonderful onboard lap GP4 2011

• Like Like x 2
  10. what mod is that?? what does it do?

11. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

It's for GP4 so it has no place in the rFactor forums.

12. no forum for it mate !
    so i post here

13. I agree! Best AI by far, for any racing game. Wish there was a GP5, 6, 7 and 8 by now...

14. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i played the Grand prix serie (2,3 and 4) over 10 years and to my opinion they are still the best F1 games on the market, the AI is not as stupid as in the other games and the weather system is simply awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I totally agree with you Yves! The Grand Prix series introduced me already at a very young age into simracing, its such a pity that there never came a Grand Prix 5 :(

16. I never figured out why the big Simracing developers never hired a private detective to find Geoff Crammond..

• Like Like x 3
  17. Yes, why let so much talent go to waste?

Though Codemasters wouldn't ever have hired him - coz they don't like realism :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1