Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
800$ is not too far in money when you know you can be 5450$ behind in money :roflmao:
but i recognised I wouldn't make the front row enough, that I wouldn't be gaining podiums enough being $800 behind. So why choose a sponsor that will make me $7000 behind because I cannot achieve anything at all?

If james mcnamara would have thought "ah screw it... no risk no fun" he probably would have had good chances.

As milos already said, it could have gone wrong badly for omr. That it would be quite easy if it works out would be clear but it could have gone wrong.
Next season the rule will be changed for sure.
Also i repeat: aidan compared it to ffg and thst it was clear that the season will be like this due to overpowered quali sponsors. There was enough time to discuss that before the season started. Regulations were already visible.

If james mcnamara would have thought "ah screw it... no risk no fun" he probably would have had good chances.

As milos already said, it could have gone wrong badly for omr. That it would be quite easy if it works out would be clear but it could have gone wrong.
Next season the rule will be changed for sure.
Also i repeat: aidan compared it to ffg and thst it was clear that the season will be like this due to overpowered quali sponsors. There was enough time to discuss that before the season started. Regulations were already visible.
oh yeah, but I won't lie: I wanted to see how Milos was going to react to this situation happening.
I also felt I wasn't going to be listened to, but every moderator runs their own season, and seeing that I learnt my lesson, I left it to Milos to learn his.

edit: in regards to the feeling I wouldn't have been listened too, if no one honestly can say right here, right now, that they expected this to happen, then I feel that my initial feeling is vindicated.

Change the rules. Please do. Closer racing, fairer budgets. Happy? Going to be good for everybody right?

But is it?

You know how unfair it would be to us? Take a risk, plan the buys mathematically over a long period of time. I'm sure others have done it. But you know where our dominance came in season one? From one post that said one thing about the physics. I won't say which :D Because after all, I'm here to win. Not make others win.

risk. sure. i'm still of the opinion there was next to no risk, I've made my points on that matter.
You should see our conversation. Then you'd understand the risk. Because remember this. It's everybody's game. Look at S1. We got lucky there. Look at me in S3. Only really got lucky towards the end thanks to Ben. As soon as somebody splits the 1-2, we don't get maximum sponsor money. Last season, it was almost guaranteed. There's the risk. A lot of thought was put into this season, and it pays off.

risk. sure. i'm still of the opinion there was next to no risk, I've made my points on that matter.
There was a hell of a risk. I just can repeat me. Apex had more Quali bhp than us and came pretty close in beating us both in qualifiyng and i am sure we wouldnt overtaken them in the race. James overtook us in the race anyway, which would mean -> No sponsor money in Q, R1, R2 and normally R3 cause i only got that cause i had a DNF in R1.
-> We just were lucky as hell.
Could write more stuff and things about upgrade decisions but i dont do it. Enough postings already :p

I actually share Joel's opinion here. OMR just got extremely lucky, as per usual.. Seems like my GP4 wants OMR to win.. :cautious:
Luck? We proudly announce that OMR is the new main sponsor of the GPTCC series :p
:sneaky::whistling:

;)

You should see our conversation. Then you'd understand the risk. Because remember this. It's everybody's game. Look at S1. We got lucky there. Look at me in S3. Only really got lucky towards the end thanks to Ben. As soon as somebody splits the 1-2, we don't get maximum sponsor money. Last season, it was almost guaranteed. There's the risk. A lot of thought was put into this season, and it pays off.
Joel, you guys started with more cash, as I expected you went after the quali HP. One of you hit the front row. There is instantly an extra 4 HP with 3 races left in the weekend.
Fast forward to Round 2, was it 11 extra quali HP? 11? Is there risk? sure. is it anywhere near really risky? no. not even close. DTK screwed up the first round of FFG, then hit big in Round 2 and really hit the straps in Round 4. What does that tell me? You guys had a small risk vs large reward.

Already have enough for +5, keep the discussion going :laugh:
I imagine you like this:
popcorn.gif

It is bad that you can get $800 from a front row quali but only $500 for actually winning the actual race.
Agree.

And i bet it will be changed again next season.
I still do not understand why nobody said anything against the rules before R1. I mean, the changes were marked in red

not quite true Matt. You get $800 from a front row start and $500+$800 sponsor for winning the race
Agree, too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play