Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!
Since the last helmet was copied, I have been made a new helmet now. Once again, by my request.
Big :thumbsup: to @Timmieturner12 , it really looks fantastic :D
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I'll post my buys now just in order to don't lose the deadline, but maybe I'll change it later...
Quali BHP: +1 ($150)
Race BHP: +1 ($150)
Quali Skill: +20 ($200)
Race Skill: +20 ($200)

2004 Malaysian GP
kwy6tw0.png

Champ on pole
After a rather misfortunate first race, Mane Goddard topped the timesheets in the quali for round 2, edgind out Ben Utzer and teammate Rinneaho. Diehl secured a strong 4th place on the grid. Martins and Laskey make up round 3, behind them Mishra and Kederer. Ancevski and Engberink complete the top 10.

2004 Malaysian GP
qCOQgZA.png

dGnM1as.png

Back-to-back wins for Rinneaho
Tapio Rinneaho also won the second race of the season, clearly beating teammate Mane Goddard in 2nd. Josh Noack completed the podium. Having started from 17th only, the Aussie was already up to the top 10 after 1 lap, and continued climbing in the further stages of the race.
Utzer had to settle for 4th place, a lengthy final stop cost him dearly in the fight for a podium result. Engberink scored another points result with 5th, as did his teammate Graham in 7th. Between them in 6th finished Pablo Diehl. His 2 stop strategy almost brought him 3rd place, but in the final laps of the race he had no chance to defend on quite old tyres. Buurlage got the final point for 8th.
McLaren drivers were both unlucky, Laad encountered technical problems, Ancevski retired after contact with Keranen. Both were running in points positions. Williams could secure a double finish. Keranen was even on the way to points, but the late incident involving Ancevski forced him to pit for damage repair. Black had a rather quiet race in 9th, he couldn't match the pace of his teammate. Kederer was looking for points with a 2 stopper, but right after the 2nd one he had to come in again, dropping him out of contention.
9 retirements in all, not counting the late one of Ancevski. The suspensions gave most troubles, 4 drivers retired with broken ones. Curiosity in lap 6, when within a few seconds it hit both Toyotas and Heymans.

FIA Press Conference
@TTupsi: 2 of 2 now, is it now safe to say that you've kept your advantage of last season?
@Mane Goddard: Back on track with 2nd today, but surely you would've liked more having started from pole. What was lacking to beat your teammate?
@Decenten: What a race today, talk us through your first lap, where you made up a total of 7 spots.

Market is open!

Shorter race report due to hangover...

Also no idea what was up with all the retirements, track was set for 4 (technical related ones). Will switch to another version of Sepang for next season.

@TTupsi: 2 of 2 now, is it now safe to say that you've kept your advantage of last season?
I can't deny it, it is looking quite good for us already and I'm happy we were able to sort out Mane's problems but... It's a long season, longest ever so we can't afford to get complacent. We will keep on working hard and try to keep the form going.

-200 COF
+1 RBHP
+1 QBHP
+20 Race skill
+20 Quali skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling