GP2 2011 @ Korea International - Sunday 16th October 2011

gp2header.png

Server Name: RACEDEPT.COM GP2
Mod: F1-S-R GP2 2011 (V2.0)
Track: Korea International, Korea (GP Layout) + Fix

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:20 GMT: Qualification
19:30 GMT: Warm-up
19:35 GMT: Race (2 X 20 Minutes, Formation lap with Standing start)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Extra Notes
•Formation lap will take place at 100 Mph tops. Weaving is allowed however no brake tests and no burnouts. Stopping on the formation lap is not allowed.
•Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
•Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
•If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
To sign up simply state below!

Sign-up list:
  1. - Lee Palmer
  2. - Adam Eggbeer
  3. - Kyle Puttifer
  4. - Matt Farrow
  5. - Stephen DuCros
  6. - Rob Hermans
  7. - Erik Tveit
  8. - Ben Phillips
  9. - Samuel Korthof
  10. - Martin Bulgin
  11. - Grzegorz Wlodarczyk
  12. - Leonard Mills
  13. - Emil Bonnerup
  14. - Rodney Van der Jeught
  15. - Mateusz Bozko
  16. - Wayne Morgan
  17. - Corrado Conti
  18. - Danny Clarke
  19. - Ferry Koek
  20. - Andreas Hall
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -

Only thing is I think we need the track fix installed on the server ? maybe Adam or Ivo could do it ?

I got the geo mismatch after I installed the fix, am I right about the server needs it ?

Hope we get it sorted I just had a few more offline laps and I really like this mod, maybe it suits me :)

Well after a lot laps trying to find a setup to my style ,i thought this mod can be good.

The sad thing was, i dont even got a ( "HI" ) from anyone.This is sad, this shows a lot things to me .
Noone was capable to give any TIPS about the setup .Comon guys you cant to be afraid to lose a race becouse you gave some TIPs .
Trus me, everybody has a limit, one F1 mod , i can run good, but on this mod ,dont mean i can beat anyone.
I think the races must to gave us fun , not becouse WE WON the race ,but only becouse we got fun , and we must to be happy to allow everybody enjoy the race.
After hte inccident with Sr Ferry , he never said a word to me.I already tryed , i already said sorry ,but he never said anything.
This shows to me how he is.For me its ok. But noone give any help its really a shame.
Well, i can understand why anyone diint gave any help,Its all about the competetion .pretty normal .
But as is a race for fun , we could help everybody.
Its ok , as i said this isnt a dificult mod, very boring to me,(to slow at tunrs, and for me has too much low grip at front tires .But This is a GP2.
Ofcourse Sr Ferry ,Bozko ,Andreas ,and others racers ran good. after 30 laps (i think) i found a way to fix the setup,but i really got losted on this track.
and as my brake got loocked almost all times, even braking with half pressure. i got really far away from the ideal line. kkk
On sector 1 i could get same time of Sr Ferry ,but on sector 2 ,as i had low front grip and some limitation on the suspention ,(not sure what was,diferencial /maybe or low height of the front suspention,i had to slow down, and took 2s on sector 2 and more 1,5 on sector 3.My best time was 1,49,950 ,after spun 6 six times ,and the others i gaveup the laps almost all laps. time.But i found the line and as i dont want to race this on this track ,there is not need for me to get time .I dont care if someone is more fast than me,For me its hard to say who is better or fast than anyone.
For me its all about the setup.( I dont think i am better than Ferry or Bozko or Sr Adam,or if they are better than me, for me its all about the setup).
For me when i can give some help ,i will help giving the setup or Tips.
I liked of the mod ( too slow ) but cool ,but i dont liked to race on this track.
I won with F1 1992 ,but the track was diferent.

Thank you Sr Adam for this mod. when monaco shows up i will race.

Great mod, great fun, but it is horrible for the bigger grids. A slideshow. I wasn't the only one experiencing it, and the detail was reduced. I dunno whether it's rFactor or just the way F1Sr make their mods (similar issue with F192).

First race, couldn't seee a thing and lost my front wing and got a stop and go. Sorry to whomever I tapped.

Second race didn't even get past the form lap. Got a bit close to the guy ahead and he swerved and I had to to avoid him. Hit the wall and damaged my rear suspension. Then at the next corner he spun and rammed me side on. Oh well. No worries.

@Mohan: I would of helped with setup, however I was struggling myself with the car and track and was mainly focusing on keeping the car on the track than any setup work. The first time I really felt comfortable with the car was during race 1, but lack of setup meant I was struggling in so many areas.

Q1: Got in a decent lap to qualify 10th.
R1: After the 2nd formation lap I got a good start and overtook someone into turn 1. I then had a mediocre race, at least until Wayne Morgan caught up with me on the 2nd straight. I very deliberately squeezed him right up against the left-hand wall, but that was within the rules AFAIK as I only made one manoeuvre. I was watching my mirrors all the time to make sure I didn't put him in the wall. Then, at turn 3, Martin Bulgin and Rodney Van der Jeught came together and he went round the outside. I think I may have kept the position without the crash in front of us, but hey, that's racing. My race was pretty boring from thereon in until I crashed in the last sector. Lost both wings, but got it back to the pits and after 36 seconds the car was as good as new. I'd decided on a set of supersofts for a final sprint but there was no point. Finished 6th IIRC and a lap down after my stop.
Q2: Managed 9th
R2: Had a small freeze during the formation lap and that was enough for me to spin and lose my front wing against a wall. I pitted for a new nose and got DQ for exiting pits under red, even tough everyone had passed turn 2.
I think this mod download has different physics to the one I had, as well as a new rFm. I tried to enter the server once and I got an rFm mismatch, so I downloaded the mod from here. I got into the server and I was instantly comfortable (more or less) with the car, and it actually had some grip.
Thanks to Lee, RD and all those who raced. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back