GP2 2011 @ Korea International - Sunday 16th October 2011

gp2header.png

Server Name: RACEDEPT.COM GP2
Mod: F1-S-R GP2 2011 (V2.0)
Track: Korea International, Korea (GP Layout) + Fix

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:20 GMT: Qualification
19:30 GMT: Warm-up
19:35 GMT: Race (2 X 20 Minutes, Formation lap with Standing start)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Extra Notes
•Formation lap will take place at 100 Mph tops. Weaving is allowed however no brake tests and no burnouts. Stopping on the formation lap is not allowed.
•Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
•Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
•If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
To sign up simply state below!

Sign-up list:
  1. - Lee Palmer
  2. - Adam Eggbeer
  3. - Kyle Puttifer
  4. - Matt Farrow
  5. - Stephen DuCros
  6. - Rob Hermans
  7. - Erik Tveit
  8. - Ben Phillips
  9. - Samuel Korthof
  10. - Martin Bulgin
  11. - Grzegorz Wlodarczyk
  12. - Leonard Mills
  13. - Emil Bonnerup
  14. - Rodney Van der Jeught
  15. - Mateusz Bozko
  16. - Wayne Morgan
  17. - Corrado Conti
  18. - Danny Clarke
  19. - Ferry Koek
  20. - Andreas Hall
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -

These cars are absolutely useless in those high-speed turns, I've got no confidence in them whatsoever. I cannot push at all because I can feel the back end kicking out. I can only imagine how much fun we could have had in the 92s. Love the KIC itself but it doesn't go well with the GP2 cars IMO, even on nice hot super softs the car is really bad. Also, the fuel consumption figure in the AIW is wrong, I would estimate, from experience, about 6 litres per lap.
I might try the high downforce upgrade but after what happened in Road America, I'll be good in the corners but I'll be a sitting duck on those huge Tilke straights.
Anyone got a setup they can lend please? (Steve O'Malley, I'm looking at you now :))
EDIT: Huge oversteer even with high DF upgrade. Now I know something isn't right here. I came out of the final corner and the back end snapped around and I slammed into the barrier in the pitlane, the one that Schumacher almost hit in FP1 yesterday.

You have to get used to this mod. I know it's difficult to drive but this mod learn me balance the acceleration and brake pedal. Kyle you have to remember: This is GP2 car, no F1. In my opinion fuel consuption is too high, but I like this mod, it's hard to drive but it gives a lot of satisfaction. My time on Yeongam in GP2 car: 1:47:084. It could be faster. :) When the server will be up?

A GP2 car has a lot less downforce than an F1 car and that needs to be taken into consideration when driving it. The fuel consumption on most mods in rFactor are wrong which is why I always calculate the fuel consumption manually (ie do 10 laps, see how much fuel I've used then divide that by 10 and I get an answer).

The server will be up later tonight after the RDLMS event.

Had same issues installing, had to manually move files to correct folders but I kind of like it. I understand what was said about the lose 'end' but I just used the default setup; I'm sure you can 'tighten' it up a little.

Count me in if there's a spot open.

You would think that the car wouldn't be tail-happy with hot supersofts and high downforce though. It really doesn't help when you don't have the confidence to push the car at all. In the 92s I could push myself easily, and I knew where the limit was, I knew that if I did X then the car would stick as if on rails. This is like driving on ice in comparison. That would be the same for everyone though, but my driving style likes predictable cars, so I can concentrate on the race/quali lap rather than worrying about if the car is going to slide or not. That's why I ran higher downforce than the rest in the 92s, and I got swamped on the straights but was better in the corners. Now I have no such luxury, but again, it's the same for everyone. Now our adaptability is being tested, and so far, I'm failing miserably.

Just done my first laps with this mod and I like it, no tyre warmers in GP2 so you have to take a couple of laps to get some heat in them and then you can start pushing a bit, I have only tried soft tyres and I think the car feels great, the mod looks good as well it's got a quality feel about it.

I am not sure if I want to do this one. I am not going to sign out yet, but I will let you know tomorrow. I am not one to race open wheeler's usually so this mod is pushing it. I could control the F1 92 decently but these are a whole different story.

If anyone has a setup they wouldn't mind sharing, I would appreciate it. For me the car understeers a ton, then suddenly will just lose traction. Very unpredictable.

Same mismatch problem here. I am really struggling with the cars in the updated version of the mod. I vaguely remember setting very high rear df and moderate front df on the old version, but you can't really do that anymore, at least not to the extreme I was doing it before. Don't take me too seriously though, I am not fast on my best day, and open wheel racing is still new to me.

In regard to the mismatch, I uninstalled all of the Korea I had. My next step would be to install the whole thing on a virgin rFactor install.

In regard to the cars, honestly they don;t drive the way I imagine 2011 engineered, second to best chassis. Modern open wheels with full DF should drive like a goKart, especially in the type of turns you see in korea. Mostly, the issue I am having is not that they lose the tail, but that once they lose it, that's it. No correction will bring them back.

That said, once I played with the setup a bit and tested all the tires and gave them time to warm up, it was driving reasonably well. You just have to be very gradual with the application of gas and you certainly cannot use the accelerator like an on/off switch. Short shifting (and setting 1st and 2nd closer together) works pretty well too. Once they are out of the hairpins they behave reasonably well, except for the strange understeering (which,incidentally is very similar to the other mod - kind of a spongy feeling at the wheel).

The F1 guys also always complain about understeer. Bottom line, don't give up. Take a bot off the gas in the hairpins. Drive like it was damp.

I actually did several laps with the medium tires and I was pretty happy with it.

I hope we can solve the mismatch. I have a feeling that I may be ableto overcome it buy firing up my "virgin" rFactor install, but if I am the only one there it won't be as much fun. But at least I'll have a chance of winning :)

Yeah Corrado, I am having the same issues really. I am going to play with the engine brake mapping a bit tomorrow and see if I can get my "point of no return" a little more manageable when I screw up. The mod seems to be very sensitive to tire pressure changes, and I am having the most luck reducing the understeer problem there.

I did a fresh install of rF for the mod (it is not even on the same OS or hard drive as my others), and the only Korea track I have is the one from the link on page 1. So, no clue on the mismatch problem.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back