Goodwood Circuit

Tracks Goodwood Circuit 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
So Im trying to enjoy AC Legends 3.0 but the lead cars keep disappearing after the chicane before the starting line.. Anyone have any thoughts?

Try this

Are there any plans of further development for this track? Its been great and Its probably my all time favourite track to just punch out lap after lap but this version is already showing its age and definitely needs graphical, object and object placement updates. Not to mention fixing those awful waving flags..

True, I know it is getting dated. First of all just because it is getting dated, and secondly because modders has modded Assetto Corsa graphics.

Unfortunately I am not as interested in AC as I used to be. Also I like to keep my AC pure and I don't have my AC that much modded with much other stuff than cars and tracks.

My future plans with all of my mods is to continue them in rF2, I am looking forward at how I can accomplish that. I already have Goodwood available for rF2 to download in S397 forum, but it is very WIP, still I like it better than in AC already.

Last edited:
True, I know it is getting dated. First of all just because it is getting dated, and secondly because modders has modded Assetto Corsa graphics.

Unfortunately I am not as interested in AC as I used to be. Also I like to keep my AC pure and I don't have my AC that much modded with much other stuff than cars and tracks.

My future plans with all of my mods is to continue them in rF2, I am looking forward at how I can accomplish that. I already have Goodwood available for rF2 to download in S397 forum, but it is very WIP, still I like it better than in AC already.

That's a shame but fair enough.. Would you mind if someone else continued work on your AC Goodwood?

I will go try your Goodwood in rF2.

If someone would like to work further on it for AC, then I would have to think about that. Basically unsure about that.

If it would be win/win situation, then I'd agree. For example if some additional assets and/or texturing would be done which I could use as well.

By the way, although I haven't improved the track that muchfor rF2 yet. But I did have some stuff. I think I have more tree textures that are my own, my own road texture. Also I have continued on refining track surface, paying close attention to which places were truly too bumpy and also which were correctly bumpy.

I want to mention that I have mostly worked on physics for cars and my skills in that subject for past two years. I am certain that track bumpyness goes together with suspension transmisability. As Goodwood seems whole lot less bumpy (as most every other bumpy rF2 track) with good amount of suspension travel from rebound stop to bump stop.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

To have winter season ou can add this to the extension config

Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; CONDITIONS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[CONDITION_10]
NAME=SEASON_MUD
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0|0.08=0.5|0.10=0.6|0.20=0.4|0.25=0|0.7=0|0.8=0.8|0.95=0.6|0.98=0|1=0.0|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_11]
NAME=SEASON_AUTUMN
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0.6|0.2=0|0.7=0|0.8=0.8|0.90=0.6|1=0.6|)
LAG=0

[CONDITION_12]
NAME=SEASON_WINTER
INPUT=YEAR_PROGRESS
LUT=(|-1=0|0=0.3|0.05=0.3|0.07=1|0.14=1|0.144=0.2|0.25=0|0.95=0|1=0.3|)
LAG=0

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; AUTUMN + MUD ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_20]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=TARMAC, TARMAC_PATCH, lines, Spitfire
CONDITION=SEASON_MUD
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
VALUE_0=0.2
OFF_VALUE_0=0.0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_21]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=TreeWall, Trees, TREE_ONE, TREE_TWO, TREE_THREE, TREE_FOUR, TREE_FIVE
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
VALUE_0=0.7
OFF_VALUE_0=0.0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_22]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=GRASS, Fonas, grasstotarmac, gravel, Verticalgrass, wheat, sand
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
VALUE_0=0.1
OFF_VALUE_0=0.0

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; WINTER ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_23]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=TreeWall, Trees, TREE_ONE, TREE_TWO, TREE_THREE, TREE_FOUR, TREE_FIVE, GRASS, Fonas, grasstotarmac, gravel, Verticalgrass, wheat, sand
CONDITION=SEASON_WINTER
KEY_0=seasonWinter
VALUE_0=1.0
OFF_VALUE_0=0.0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_24]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=TARMAC, TARMAC_PATCH, lines, Spitfire
CONDITION=SEASON_WINTER
KEY_0=seasonWinter
VALUE_0=0.5
OFF_VALUE_0=0.0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_25]
ACTIVE=1
MATERIALS=Plants, hort, wheat
CONDITION=SEASON_WINTER
KEY_0 = seasonWinter
VALUE_0 = 1
OFF_VALUE_0 = 0
KEY_1 = boh
VALUE_1 = 2
OFF_VALUE_1 = 0
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = winter non specular

I am kind of away from AC now, and I don't plan to update my mods to the latest stuff that AC has been expanded by modders. I hope there is nothing breaking the mod, I wouldn't have time to take care probably.

I really enjoy this track, it's my go-to for trying out new car mods. A question that will reveal my lack of knowledge: are the signs with the black "X" placed at the apex of each corner?

Yes, they are. Well most of them... some of those marked apexes can be taken quite a bit away from an actual road edge at these places, it depends.

Can we get an update?

From what I believe the author isn't continuing development on this track but it would be nice if someone else could it pick up and continue but I don't think the author will allow that. Or if we could get a whole new fresh Goodwood circuit track mod. This one is good but it has a lot of broken and inaccurate bits.

I'd like to ask about the Wet layout. Is it specifically to be used with rainfx? Since rainfx usually works without it, does it change rain physics from normal? Sorry if dumb question
I don't know about it. If I remember well, mod was created when rainfx didn't exist, I don't even know if I ever had rainfx in my AC.

I like to know how to enable spectators in the wet version. In the dry they appear to be visible, but changing to the wet version they are gone.
Not sure been years since I looked at the files or played AC even. The fix could be quite simple to that if there is such problem. Maybe I have done that by design, considering that people are made out of sugar and would dissolve in rain :D

In CSP settings go to: Track Adjustments/spectators and then uncheck "Dynamic amount of spectators"
This was already been disabled, and even disable every adjustment in CSP “track adjustments “ did not help it most be hidden in the track file itself.

edit: thanks to the GTplanet forum search, btw here you find also a nice add on from Racinjoe013.
I have copied the camera.facing.ini as can be found in the data folder, from dry to wet and now it does show spectators. This swap can also be executed on the vintage layout from @RMIwood

Last edited:
Hi @mantasisg , thanking you once again for your wonderful work. Given where the mod is now, do you think if the community got together and paid someone money to take the mod forward with the to-do list (upgrading textures, fixing small things), it would be viable and you would be open to the idea? I am a big fan of vintage racing and I think it would be worth covering some costs to get an update - and it is unrealistic to expect people to do work for free. Just a suggestion, I have no idea about realistic prices but it may be something to consider. If you would like to DM me I am happy to discuss.

Thanks again

DXP

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play